420 Magazine's Nug of the Month: December 2011

Vote for Nug of the Month - December 2011

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Founder
We are now accepting nominations for the Nug of the Month contest.

Please submit a photo of your best nug (there is a separate contest thread for plants.) The nug must be your own, either purchased or grown. Optionally, we'd love to hear about the strain, taste, aroma, potency, effect, weight or any other frosty details that you're willing to share.

The contest will be open for submissions from the 1st through the 15th day of each month. Once all submissions are in, we will begin voting for a winner. Winners are announced on the 1st of each month.

Winners earn 100 rep points, "Nug of the Month" title, a case of RAW Rolling Papers from HBI International and a 420 Magazine Nug Jar!

Nug-Month_new.jpg

Blue Planet Nutrients contributes all of the following items to our winner.
Sierra Natural Science contributes all of the following items to our winner.
HBI International has sweetened the pot by putting up a case of their RAW Rolling Papers

Monthly winners are automatically eligible for our prestigious "Nug of the Year" contest in January.

Also, submit your best high resolution photos to editor@420magazine.com for publication in 420 Magazine's print editions.

Rules:

1. Contest entries must be original photos of your own nug. The nug photo may include several nugs or a cola. This nug may be grown by yourself or purchased at a legal medical Marijuana co-op, collective or dispensary.

2. Entries must include ONLY photos of the nug. But you may add one photo as a reference point for size or a closeup/macro.

3. Maximum of two photos per member. Updating photos throughout the month is not allowed.

4. Remember to upload your photo through our Photo Gallery before posting it on this thread.
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

5. Nugs must be "dry" and in "ready to smoke" form.

6. Self-nominations only.

7. Competition is open to the first 25 entries.

8. Self promotion (i.e. campaigning) that is deemed excessive (at the sole discretion of our moderation staff) may disqualify the entry.

9. Due to shipping costs, some sponsors may elect not to send prizes out of the United States.

Consolidated Entries for December 2011

Dipez - White Kush

S73009631.JPG

Snowskate328 - DJ Short's Grape Krush

grape_krush.png

ThaRealTreJay - White Widow

DSCN2003.JPG

ThatOneGuyy - Lemon Skunk

IMG_16434.JPG

Blizeek - 707 Headband

100MEDIA_IMAG00261.jpg

DJKurisu1 - Allen Wrench

100_2407.jpg

4twenty4all - Grape God

grapegod.JPG

Jozo-sha - Grape God

notm12:12.jpg

Xlr8 - Lavender

Lavender_notm_entry_2.jpg

Lavender_notm_entry_1.jpg

AmGrowR2 - Bag Seed

SAM_05711.JPG

SAM-0576.JPG

GodsTrichome - Sugar Cane

100_23661.JPG

100_24312.JPG

Astonr420 - OG Kush

NOTM_Dec.jpg

NOTM_Dec1.jpg

Matanuska Valley - MTF

MTF5.JPG

Mr Smith - Cataract Kush

cataract_kush_005.JPG

033_cataract_kush.JPG

Thawk - Hammerhead

DSC004334.JPG

DSC004353.JPG

Janja - Oregon Diamond

DSCN09393.JPG

DSCN09402.JPG

Alright I'm going to get this contest started!

My entry is White Kush. Its Sativa Dominant. The Nug weighs 1.66g. Smell is very strong I get some sweetness mixed with that classic kush smell and a lil bit of pine. Smoke is expanding n Can be hard to take large hits. The high is very up and heady but still a strong body high.

Btw No camera tricks here the bud is actually white from the thricomes!

S73009631.JPG

Yum, white widow...Makes me real philosophical, a thinking person's weed. :roorrip: :hmmmm: :idea:

I swear I wanted to write a book the last time I grew that stuff...nice nugg :thumb::thumb:

Indeed it's been said to clear the mind to allow for thinking. I absolutely agree. Being un-high is like running a single core processor, being high is like you upgrade to a dual core, smokin white widow is like over clocking that dual core. I'm sure their can be medical studies done to specify the effects of this strain.:thanks:

My first grow, 707 headband nug next to my ipod touch.

Sativa dominant, very sticky, smooth smoke, strong head high. has a good clean taste. grown indoor in Cali. I couldn't get my scissors off my fingers after trimming.

100MEDIA_IMAG00261.jpg

This is the Allen Wrench, it is a local santa cruz strain that doesnt leave the area. I only know of a few ppl that have this strain and way less that have ever heard of it. it is a mix of hash plant/ power plant/ master kush. It is one of the best highs i have ever had and def feel this one needs some recognition. GOOD GOOD STUFF, enjoy all and super nice nugs all u growers. love to see the TLC spent. keep up the good work all:goodjob:

100_2407.jpg

I'd like to enter my outdoor Grape God dried and cured. This is not a dense nug I think because it was grown outside. The plant was grown in mostly Fox Farm and Happy Frog with lots of perlite. She went outside in a crowded garden in the back row when she was about 14 inches I think about the first week of June. If I remember she yielded just over 10oz.

smell: floral and strong grape resemblance.
taste: sort of grape (I can't quite make it out)

smoke: smooth, medium not soft and not heavy

effect: strong head and soft on the body but relaxing.

grapegod.JPG

Maybe something worthy of a few more votes this time - Grape God. FFOF with GH Flora Nova, vegged under LED, flowered under 600W HPS, these are nugs from the the same lineage as the Grape God x Big Bud seeds I'm popping.

notm12:12.jpg

Thanks!

:bongrip: - JZ

This is a nug from my Lavender plant recently harvested, now curing. This plant produced enormous buds, some purpling but not a lot. Still she produced over 5z of large, beautiful nugs like this.

The flavor is very floral with a hint of grape perhaps. Tastes similar to Purple Urkle from my recollection of Urkle. Has a nice medicinal, almost narcotic high. This is extremely yummy bud!

Lavender_notm_entry_2.jpg

Lavender_notm_entry_1.jpg

Note: this was grown using Blue Planet Nutrients (3 part Elite series) won with my MOTM prize earlier in the year. Thanks Blue Planet/Corey, and 420! :)

:bong:

This is the Allen Wrench, it is a local santa cruz strain that doesnt leave the area. I only know of a few ppl that have this strain and way less that have ever heard of it. it is a mix of hash plant/ power plant/ master kush. It is one of the best highs i have ever had and def feel this one needs some recognition. GOOD GOOD STUFF, enjoy all and super nice nugs all u growers. love to see the TLC spent. keep up the good work all:goodjob:

100_2407.jpg

Great looking nug :thumb: Looks super danky, great job!

100_2407.jpg

Is this a nug on a plant?

Back
Top Bottom