Canobud's First Grow - The Widow

What'd you start now?

One Liberty haze and one critical kush...Gorilla threw them in free with my widow seed order, so I figured I'd see what they were all about! Although my wife and I are going to Denver next weekend and I plan to stock up on a number of seed strains I want to try. . Also going to bring back more shatter, the last batch we brought home was awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I dream of being able to go to a local shop and buy seeds.
Im going to do another run of widow then try out this nl#5xnl#5 backcross i got from gorilla. Supposed to be almost odor free but good quality.

I dream of being able to go to a local shop and buy seeds.
Im going to do another run of widow then try out this nl#5xnl#5 backcross i got from gorilla. Supposed to be almost odor free but good quality.

That day will eventually come, my friend. My wife and I went to Denver a year ago and shopping in the dispensaries was such an amazing experience. It was the first time we ever had the chance to try concentrates...WHICH WE ARE NOW BIG FANS OF! .

I ran across the thread below on backbuilding bud sites while randomly browsing through the forums...have you tried this before? Enough people swear by it that I'm going to give it a whirl a little over halfway through flowering.

LA's Quick Guide To Simple Backbuilding Technique For Buds!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

One week since flipping to 12/12. Not quite the rapid growth I was expecting just yet but perhaps it's still a bit early for that. They've gotten a little taller. The bud sites are starting to wake up. I think I'm going to ditch using the CFLs. The LEDs are 12-band full spectrum so I think they're probably plenty in such a small footprint. I may turn the CFLs back on when the plants grow taller and the lower bud sites need help.

IMG_291917.jpg

IMG_291816.jpg

IMG_291613.jpg

IMG_292113.jpg

What is the real draw on the LED? Not the "equivalent"
As for adding CFL for spectrum - not necessary. But you will get much more yield with more light overall weather it
Comes from another led panel or CFL or hps. Above 60wpsf recommended for max yield.

What is the real draw on the LED? Not the "equivalent"
As for adding CFL for spectrum - not necessary. But you will get much more yield with more light overall weather it
Comes from another led panel or CFL or hps. Above 60wpsf recommended for max yield.

Hi OttawaGreen,

My LED panel's actual draw is 220w. I removed the CFLs from the tent shortly after I flipped to 12/12 but I may put them back in to help with light penetration. With two plants in a 2x2.5' footprint, I have serious space issues and the lower leaves struggle to get any light exposure. If I can arrange the CFLs to hit them from the sides I'm hoping this may help.

How are things going bro? Can't wait to see how its going for you.
Those goodies look delicious.
The smoke off the widow is awesome man. Everyone who has tried it has come back for more and the trim is so crystally that i made 2 gms of bubble, a gram of dry sift and enough butter for about 8 or 9 trays of brownies. More people want the brownies than the buds lol. I put about 3/4 of trim and popcorn in every 2 sticks of butter and use 1 stick per pan. Knock you on your ass treats. Got my scrog all ready to go and added a 400 watt mh/hps fixture to my area... I want to really get all i can out of this pheno.

Hi Laz,

They're into week 3 of flower and buds are starting to fill in some. I've got a nute burn situation on the shorter/fatter plant I'm trying to tamp down; I poured 3 gallons of spring water through her this morning. Not sure if that's enough in a 3 gallon fabric pot or not. We'll see I guess. Glad to hear yours turned out nicely. I can't wait to get there.

420-magazine-mobile1692643851.jpg

I took some flowering clones (monstercropped) and this go around she is going to be even more bushy. Its going to be a struggle to keep her under control i think. lol
420-magazine-mobile782720815.jpg

I would love to keep growing this pheno but i just put in a new seed order taking advantage of gorillas "spend $49.99and get 5 freebies" deal they have going on and im really excited to try out a red poison and lemon venom. The freebies are cool too. I hope they are as satisfying to grow as their take on "The Widow". I need another tent. Unfortunately, i have enough trouble convincing the boss to let me keep running the one i am. She likes the end results but she is nervous by nature.
I am really looking forward to seeing how this ends up for you bro.
Oh and i thought I'd share my new revised set up with you...
420-magazine-mobile227523604.jpg

Think it should really improve my yields on this go around. 760 total watts.

Evening Lazarus,

Nice new setup you have. I've added four 2700K CFLs back into my tent on the sides to try and help with light penetration. My two plants are really crammed into the tent and need all the extra light I can get down there.

I hear you re: "the boss"...mine is the same way, but she won't be complaining once I harvest this first run. She hates the idea of this tiny tent in the house, but I've got the green light to build a secure room in the basement approximately 9 x 12 for my new hobby, so I'm excited to start planning. I have to finish this grow before I'm willing to get a contractor in here to put the wall up. Our basement is already finished, so it's literally just a wall with a door going up at the end of a very long room. I'll have more room than I need but it'll be nice to have a staging/prep counter area I can use just a few feet away. I think I'll be able to tap into a galvanized metal vent that exhausts up through the house and out at the roof, which should help keep the smell to a minimum. I'll probably put up a partition in the room for separate veg and flower tables. Should be fun!

Sent from my iPad using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Awesome man! Im jealous! That would be great to have all that room. We are in the process of looking for a house to buy and once we own our own space i have the green light to expand. Shes just worried about maintenance showing up or something, thus the need to be discreet and small for the time being. lol and yeah, like yours, the complaints were a little less after harvest. Smell was her #1 concern so one of the first upgrades i purchased was a carbon filter. Always gotta keep the boss happy. Cant wait to see your new area when it gets done. I can live vicariously through you then.

Awesome man! Im jealous! That would be great to have all that room. We are in the process of looking for a house to buy and once we own our own space i have the green light to expand. Shes just worried about maintenance showing up or something, thus the need to be discreet and small for the time being. lol and yeah, like yours, the complaints were a little less after harvest. Smell was her #1 concern so one of the first upgrades i purchased was a carbon filter. Always gotta keep the boss happy. Cant wait to see your new area when it gets done. I can live vicariously through you then.
I'm not sure if you guys know, but we just recently built a flower and veg room in our basement. No contractor needed. Nis looked up how to do it on the utube. Saved us a bunch by not paying someone to do it. Our rooms are 8'x12' each. Come on over and check it out. We haven't taped or mudded it because we don't want the plants to get all dusty from sanding. Have a great day guys!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420

I'm not sure if you guys know, but we just recently built a flower and veg room in our basement. No contractor needed. Nis looked up how to do it on the utube. Saved us a bunch by not paying someone to do it. Our rooms are 8'x12' each. Come on over and check it out. We haven't taped or mudded it because we don't want the plants to get all dusty from sanding. Have a great day guys!!

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420

Hi Canna! I did see your new grow space, that's what got my gears turning a bit .

Back
Top Bottom