Canobud's First Grow - The Widow

Hi Canna! I did see your new grow space, that's what got my gears turning a bit .

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App
Noice! I'm glad we can inspire people to make bigger, better grows. Makes us flattered to have people want to do what we are doing. It's a good feeling to say the least. Have a great day friend!

Sent from my SM-G935V using 420

Canna, i am all over you and nis' journal. It is gorgeous and my jealousy overflows lol
Well, maybe not jealousy, but admirationand wishful thinking.

Well, shit.

I think at least one of my plants has mildew, possibly both. I can smell a distinct off-putting scent on the bud tops, and my wife said the same thing. I can't see a single thing wrong with the leaves like powder or anything, but I'm very worried. I pulled them out and washed down the tent with alcohol, and placed the worst smelling one in another room just as dark period started. The other plant was returned to the tent. Can this be salvaged? They're in 3rd week of flower. How do I determine how to treat it if I can't see it?

420-magazine-mobile1478256722.jpg

420-magazine-mobile418267152.jpg

420-magazine-mobile442158494.jpg

420-magazine-mobile309004900.jpg

I hope thats not the case. I will tell you tho that while growing the widow, the smells in my room went through fazes. Sweet almost molasses, to diesel fuel, and at one point i swore i had a leak in one of my dwc buckets because the room smelled like mildew, but it went away and finished with a skunky, dieselly smell. Hope thats the case for you bro. These are supposed to be pretty mildew/mold resistant and i had humidities up into the 60's and 70's during flower and got nothing. Fingers crossed for you man

We shall see. What worries me is I can only smell it at the bud tops, and they definitely have a musty sock scent currently, one more than the other. I don't want to jump the gun and start spraying them with peroxide and water, but I'm prepared to if needed. I'm really hoping it's not bud rot.

Day 29 since 12/12...things are getting pretty sugary. . The mildew-like smell earlier in the week is changing a bit and has me less worried this morning. The aroma is perhaps a little sweeter now, more like an actual flower and less like a wet load of laundry left unattended for a few days. I watered and fed 1/3rd strength FF trio until runoff, and later I think I'm going to put them outside in the sun for a few hours.

Picture time:

420-magazine-mobile1692876964.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1654609437.jpg

420-magazine-mobile972032568.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1598063707.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1535727194.jpg

Those Colas are nice and frosty. How do you get such great close up pics?

For the trichome pics, I'm just holding my jeweler's loupe in front of my iPhone's camera lens...it's frustrating as hell to get one in focus. I hate the idea of those goofy lens attachments for cell phones, but I may look into getting one to take close ups as they get closer to harvest.

Just wait Canna, this pheno from gorilla seeds is on of the frostiest I've ever grown. Its like powdered sugar on the buds and all over the tops and bottoms of the sugar leaves and stems. I made a crazy amount of butter and dry sift out of 2 plants.
Still looking fantastic Canobud. You are going to yield better than i did because i caught a K deficiency to late.
P.S. i put another order in from Gorilla last week. Red poison and Lemon Venom and Puff Puff Pass Out and got another Lemon Venom, Crop Circle, Cash Crop Auto, Purple Paralysis and Amphetamine Auto as freebies. Couldnt pass up the offer.

Just wait Canna, this pheno from gorilla seeds is on of the frostiest I've ever grown. Its like powdered sugar on the buds and all over the tops and bottoms of the sugar leaves and stems. I made a crazy amount of butter and dry sift out of 2 plants.
Still looking fantastic Canobud. You are going to yield better than i did because i caught a K deficiency to late.
P.S. i put another order in from Gorilla last week. Red poison and Lemon Venom and Puff Puff Pass Out and got another Lemon Venom, Crop Circle, Cash Crop Auto, Purple Paralysis and Amphetamine Auto as freebies. Couldnt pass up the offer.

Sounds like you have plans to expand your garden a bit! I have the other two plants approaching veg stage, and they'll have to wait their turn for the tent to flower. I've got to get the new room up and running here soon. I'm hoping to have it ready in a month or so. I have probably 10 or so seeds left so I think I'll hold off before ordering any more. Even with the new room I want to keep the plant count modest.

Trying to talk the boss into another tent. lol I'm taking a break from the widow after these clones grow out then i guess I'll do a run of 2 autos, then back to photos. Unless i can get clearance for another tent soon. I am really dying to try these red poison. Seeing some of the beautiful purples grown on here has given me the bug.

Hey, don't know if you've seen it but Gorilla is doing another give-away in the sponsor area again. Chance to win 25 seeds. Head over and check it out when you get a chance. It's going on until July 3rd.

Hey Canna & Laz,

My plants are at one month since 12/22...so depending on how you look at it, they're beginning either week 5 or week 3 of flower. I think the gas light routine tends to push plants to show flowers rather quickly, which seems to align with how soon I saw buds forming after the flip. In your experience, do buds kind of level off on growth before a final burst of growth towards the end? I've noticed the buds have sort of stalled a bit over the past week or so but I do realize they've got a few more weeks to go.

Need help diagnosing my shorter plant...I brought them outside today for some natural light and the extensiveness of the lower leaves yellowing is more apparent. Week 5 since 12/12, last nutrient feeding was 5 days ago (1/3rd strength), and then 17 days before that (1/2 strength.) They're in ocean forest soil, which I've heard is fairly rich out of the bag, so I'm having a difficult time determining if she's in need of nutes, it's nute burn, or if this is simply a product of having a really cramped tent. Any suggestions?

From above:

IMG_309412.jpg

IMG_30938.jpg

IMG_309210.jpg

IMG_309113.jpg

Back
Top Bottom