Derek910 Soil Liberty Haze & Gelato 2019

Gelato Bud

25B976DA-DE7E-4CCE-9BA5-D35B40077035.jpeg

Liberty Haze

CD933747-30F9-412A-88CC-498AF0991247.jpeg

Went ahead and looked at the trichomes. I’m thinking 7-10 days left. I’m not looking for a lot of amber but I do want less clear. I’ll check them every couple days (probably every few hours lol) until they get to what I’m looking for. I’m going to harvest them together because I’m going to dry them in the tent

Flower Week 8 Day 62, Grow Day 95

41215A4B-1FA9-4CA1-AAD6-921EE0B6C74A.jpeg

Liberty Haze
9D6CF803-7B2A-4111-AA02-81C37ADEA54F.png

Gelato
5A99FFFF-7E99-4457-8099-58E87996A26E.png

Great pictures.

The liberty haze is definitely a few days if not a week ahead of the other one.

If the geleto is t ready, you can always make your self a drying box. It’s going to be stinky but, it’s an option.

8CDD508E-306B-4DD5-9350-95F1F45F8021.jpeg
I’ve got a 3x3 I can setup if it comes to that, but I’d prefer to dry them in this tent because I can control the environment. I’d like to dry them at 68F and 50-60% RH. I want to preserve the terpenes if I can

Looked at the trichomes yesterday and there is still a lot of clear. The Gelato is pushing out new hairs all over the place and the leaves are autumning out. The Liberty Haze is starting to push out hairs but I’m not sure if the leaves will change colors. Just looks like some of them are drying out. Looks like I’m gonna have to let them go another week.

Flower Week 9 Day 66, Grow Day 99

Liberty Haze

71A6E6A8-FF8A-4A77-8064-C8DB3D9D0ED8.jpeg
0A4E33DF-F0B2-4FF2-852E-140FA8A04B26.jpeg

Gelato

AAA7F689-FD99-406D-9468-2E35257CFF17.jpeg
2CEE8A1F-632B-4710-ADBD-8D970F3266B9.jpeg

Can some of you with organic knowledge take a look at my journal #2 in my signature. Looks like my Liberty Haze is getting some nute burn and I just want to make sure that’s what it is and how to fix it since it’s my first try at organic nutes

Almost there Derek!

lookin mighty close if you ask me! Great job!I love the colours of your gelato!
Yeah they’re close but I really want to try and stick this one out until the clear is gone. I like the colors of the Gelato too. I think the Liberty Haze would look good with some yellow and red with the purple leaves, but I don’t see it anywhere. I think they’re just going to dry out and stay purple, but we’ll see. I’m going to check the trichomes this Sunday which will be the start of Week 10. I’ll see where they are then and go from there. I’ll post pics when I do

Yeah they’re close but I really want to try and stick this one out until the clear is gone. I like the colors of the Gelato too. I think the Liberty Haze would look good with some yellow and red with the purple leaves, but I don’t see it anywhere. I think they’re just going to dry out and stay purple, but we’ll see. I’m going to check the trichomes this Sunday which will be the start of Week 10. I’ll see where they are then and go from there. I’ll post pics when I do
Oh yeah absolutely! Definitely go off the trichs!

I was just trying to say, by eye, they look close.

they really are looking good!

yes, when you get the pictures, and you’ve got time to post, please do!!
:popcorn:

Oh yeah absolutely! Definitely go off the trichs!

I was just trying to say, by eye, they look close.

they really are looking good!

yes, when you get the pictures, and you’ve got time to post, please do!!
:popcorn:
I know what you meant. In my past grows I’ve been so impatient that I have chopped before I should. Made excuses to myself to justify it ect. I’ve been waiting longer and longer each grow and I made a promise to myself this time I would wait until they were ready. It’s driving me crazy, but I know if I cut them early I’ll end up with a substandard product that gets you somewhat high for a short period of time which is what I’ve had. I have the discipline now to wait it out even though my urge to try this out is making it difficult. That’s why I’ll post the trichomes so y’all can keep me honest.

I see a lot of milky trichs, and even a few amber on the liberty haze.
A week or two to go, give or take! :yahoo:
We’ll see. I’m going to check them every couple days until the end. Thinking about doing 36 hours of darkness once the trichomes get to where I want them. Have you tried it or seen any results from it?

We’ll see. I’m going to check them every couple days until the end. Thinking about doing 36 hours of darkness once the trichomes get to where I want them. Have you tried it or seen any results from it?

yes sir! it is do able. I’ve heard many people do that. But, the guy I learned how to grow from says this. (Copy and paste

Without the proper spectrum of light photosynthesis does not occur, and photosynthesis is necessary for plants to grow and produce resin.

Many growers leave their plants in darkness for 24-36 hours before harvest. They claim that it increases resin content, however, I have seen no concrete evidence one way or the other, only opinions. Given this information, the answer is maybe, maybe not.

Another common practice is to stop watering plants during the last couple of days so that there is not an abundance of water in the growing medium. This practice helps speed drying time because plant foliage has a minimal moisture content.

GC.

ive left them in darkness before, I’ve also been forced to chop unexpectedly, and they weren’t in dark for an X amount of time. It’s really a matter of an opinion.

my next harvest, I will be leaving one plant in darkness. As sure why not, but I have two strains growing and can’t harvest them at the same time as they have different flowering times.
I also don’t have any area in my house to leave a plant in the dark for x amount of time before harvesting as my two year old daughter will more then likely find it. So under some circumstances I’m forced to not do it.

Here are the trichomes as of yesterday. Still seeing clear ones. The Gelato has been pushing out nanners like crazy the last few days. I’ve picked multiple off of multiple buds the past few days. Should I keep plucking them off until the trichomes are ready or do I need to cut her down? Also the leaves are drying up. Will the buds start drying out after the leaves do? Pictures below

Flower Week 10 Day 72, Grow Day 105

Trichomes

Gelato

6098A595-49AE-43BF-B976-D15091FB134A.png
97176733-4237-4758-B53E-5FCBEBE1D54E.png
B86C7831-C43C-49B1-8DB2-A9E639D3D4A4.png

Liberty Haze

4AD68DA9-AB8F-4218-B494-EB7E695D52E7.png
301105BB-2C5F-4A4E-89F0-284CA668B0A8.png
E2B2035E-2E92-4649-AB51-5ECAAEF33A55.png

Gelato leaves

63B5F99D-CE1E-4393-8440-A553DF6ECA4E.jpeg

These can be a lot more difficult to control than actual pollen sacs, since they may start pollinating everything in the area as soon as they appear. A few bananas won’t do much damage, but if you have a big banana problem it may be best to harvest the plants immediately and cut your losses. Seeds take some time to develop, so if a plant starts herming right around harvest time, it’s less likely you’ll end up with seeds.

Bananas are actually the exposed “male” parts of a pollen sac, called the “stamen” which would normally be surrounded by a sac to hold all the pollen until it bursts open. If you open up a fully formed male pollen sac, you will see what looks like bananas (stamens) inside.
But when bananas appear on your plants, they don’t need to “burst” in order to spread pollen, they will immediately start making pollen and often will seed the buds that are close by even if bananas are removed right away, and sometimes the pollen can drift to other plants and pollinate them as well, too.
It’s possible that the pollen is sterile, and won’t pollinate bud successfully…but don’t rely on that happening!

Back
Top Bottom