Mystery Seed's 400W LED Grow Journal - ScrOG - 2'x2'x5' Tent

Just some trich shots to tempt y'all to visit my other journal: Mystery Seed's 400W LED Grow Journal - ScrOG - 2'x2'x5' Tent

IMG_7452_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_7451_-_Copy.JPG
IMG_7454_-_Copy.JPG

You're always welcome at the Jones' house. ;)

Reporting for duty! :high-five:

i need to learn how to take good macro shots as my buds look so nice and frosty but seems to be really hard to get the frostyness and close detail to come through in pics

i need to learn how to take good macro shots as my buds look so nice and frosty but seems to be really hard to get the frostyness and close detail to come through in pics

What type of camera are you taking photos with?

Papaya Harvest!

This will be short and sweet, as it's beautiful outside today.

Harvested both Papaya #1 and #2 after 70 days of flower, which is longer than hoped for but not longer than expected. Dry weights will come in a few days.

Before the harvest:

Papaya #1 and #2
IMG_74733.JPG
IMG_74762.JPG
IMG_7476_-_Copy.JPG

Papaya #1
IMG_74822.JPG

IMG_74804.JPG

Papaya #2
IMG_74961.JPG

IMG_74942.JPG

Hanging to dry.
IMG_74982.JPG
IMG_75001.JPG

Thanks for stopping by. I'll update in a few days when they're all dried and trimmed. Gonna try my luck with NOTM again, though competition is fierce this month.

Good day and good luck! :Namaste:

Congratulations MysterySeeds. Looks like a decent haul. May the potency knock your socks off. :thumb:

Wow gorgeous buds MysterySeeds! :love: Good luck with NOTM, they should definitely hold their own! :drool:

The final results...

Thanks for all the congrats!

Everything is trimmed up and curing. Final dry weights:
Papaya #1 = 84g
Papaya #2 = 94g
Bubblelicious #1 = 24g
Bubblelicious #3 = 18g
Total = 220g

Estimating my light electrical usage at 400-watts, I achieved a harvest of .55g/watt. Not to shabby for a first grow with small pots and minimal feedings. The results is just shy of my 8oz (224g) goal, but the results don't include my 2oz of trim that I'm turning into cannabutter with the Magical Butter maker I won in the July NOTM contest.

With the High Brix grow, my goal.is to hit .8g/watt with bigger pots and a better managed ScrOG. I'm running Papaya #1 and #2 again because they're the strongest candidates in veg.

As for the smoke, Papaya #1 and #2 both hit smooth with a pleasant fruity taste. The smell while growing was uncanningly like Papaya, but upon drying the smell became very peppery. Although the bud-to-leaf ratio didin't impress me, the nugs came out compact and covered in trichs. Didn't make NOTM this month, but ill have photos ready for next month. And I'll be sure to update here with photos when the curing is mostly done.

My other plants are currently under the care of my roommate while I'm away for the week. Check out that journal by clicking the link in my signature. Besides my final pic post, this will mark the end of my first journal.

Thank you again to all to stopped by and gave advice or encouragement. Also, thanks to those who asked questions.

To end, here are some photos of the Papaya #1 rootball, which is solid even when turned upside down and shook. I used a SWICK watering system, but let my reservoir dry out several times to encourage root growth (which many SWICK users avoid, though I don't know why?).

IMG_7503_2_.JPG
IMG_75031.JPG

Goodnight and good luck! :Namaste:

That rootball's a thing of beauty. How often did you let them dry out in veg?

That rootball's a thing of beauty. How often did you let them dry out in veg?

Thanks, Sue. I'm pretty proud of it. :)

To tell the truth, I let the SWICK dry out at semi-random intervals according to my work and travel schedule. Mid-flower I let the reservoir dry out and it killed off the "water roots" that had grown through the fabric pots into the perlite, but that didn't seem to affect the plants. I do, however, plan to keep water in the reservoir throughout the next flower cycle to see if those water roots help produce bigger buds.

OK, I'll just let it go dry every now and then. I was figuring fill it, let it dry, fill again. Do that a few times and we should have monster fine hair rootballs.

Thanks Mysterious One. :battingeyelashes:

Know what's really weird? I was busy cutting bottoms for my seedling cups (you'll understand when you drive through at some point) and suddenly I had the compulsion to check settings, to find out you'd just posted this.

I love finding out I'm so tuned into you guys that your posts call me through the ether. :laughtwo:

those are some awesome numbers man! and the buds def look super frosty, hope to see your skills in action again :Namaste:

This is the end...

The Harvest is Complete!

This is a sad day and a happy day all at the same time. My journal has reached the end and all I have left to post are the final nug photos. Thanks again to all who came along to support my first grow. Overall, I'm a very happy camper with regard to nug quality and quantity. The Papaya clones I took in June are slowly but surely filling out their final 7-gal fabric pots, so I'll flip them to flower in about a week.

Good news, I just ordered another 27"x27"x63" Mars Hydro grow tent and an old model 600w Mars Hydro LED. This means I can run a few more strains and keep the flow of good buds more consistent. Anyway, I'm beginning to ramble, so go visit my new grow journal: Growing High Brix With Mystery Seeds

The finale!
IMG_75214.JPG
IMG_75195.JPG
IMG_75263.JPG
IMG_7526_-_Copy.JPG

Goodnight and good luck! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom