Scrog - Monster Cropped - 400W HPS/MH

D250

Grow Style: Scrog 2'X4'
Grow medium: soil
Nutrients: Fox farms

Plants:
- Unknown Strain
- 3 Gal. smart pots
- start from clone( 1 monster cropped, 2 regular)

The monster cropped plant has been in veg for about 3 months since being cloned and the other two are clones from it and have been in veg for a month.
IMG_202619.JPG

when first cloned
IMG_233713.JPG

a week before flower lower vegetation has been cropped( some used for new clones) as the scrog is filling up.
IMG_235915.JPG

First day of flower

I don't know if any one is actually reading this hah but if you are and have any experience with scrog style grows, when should i stop bending tops down? It looks really good now but I'm not sure how high above the screen the plant should grow in order to gain the full benefits of scrog, given: 2'X4' screen and 400 W HPS.

Another question, more about setup, should my light be directed parallel or perpendicular to my screen?

Thank you for your considerations

So I stopped bending down the tops and let them stretch out, my net was out of space anyways. The monster cropped plant did not stretch nearly as much as the regular plants did. Next time i try this ill definitely keep bending down tops through out the first week of flower at least, maybe even the whole stretching period.

Day 15-Flower

IMG_241016.JPG

Day 22 Of Flower/added light

The plants look really great! i noticed though that the tops of the tallest buds may be starting to get light bleached, not sure but i raised the lights anyways just in case.
I added a 800W LED King Plus to the system, i bought it mostly just to mess with and see how it works out. its a full spectrum light so i just added it in more over the side where the plants are grower lower and getting less light coverage

IMG_245015.JPG
IMG_244920.JPG

Scrog Table
I realized that i had never posted anything on my scrog table so here it is.
It's cost less than 10$ to make as long as you have the tools already. It's 2'X4' and 8" tall, the netting is string that has been strung threw round eyelets that are screwed along the perimeter. This is the first grow using this but I'm hoping to be able to just cut the string and have it all come out when its ready.

IMG_224218.JPG

haha thanks man! I'm sure you can do this good or better, like I said I'm new too. Just spent a lot of time reading up on it. It's good to see what mistakes everyone else makes so you don't find yourself doing that same thing, although i almost guarantee that one or two things will pop up your first time. I know that i've had a couple that i should have read more on before starting up.

I did this on accident, you are supposed to take clones before flowering but i didn't read or even know you could take clones until mid flower and i tried to do it anyways. The plant then has to switch back into veg before it can start root so many of them fail but the ones that live have irregular growth. They just seem to grow a short stubby stalk which then sprout tons of tops, i mean tons! Almost more than there is space for haha i found my self having to trim and defoilate because branches were getting tangled they were so dense. so the closer tops in the picture are the monster cropped tops and the taller ones are regular. Anyways my thoughts on it are:
It is cool to experiment with but takes way way longer to grow. The larger plants are actually clones off the monster cropped plant. they only were in veg for 30 days before they were bigger than its mother. that monster cropped plant took 3 months of veg before it was even that big. so i dont think ill be doing it again anyways but we will see how the yields turn out, maybe i will haha.

Nutrient burn??

It's nearly the 5th week of flower and many of the fan leaves are yellowing and some are curling upward and browning. I'm not sure if this is just natural at this stage and the plants are starting to die and shed leafs. I have not started flushing yet and had planned on feeding one more time before i start flush next week (week 6). I planned on giving it a 2 week flush minimum so that the plants would be ready for harvest by week 8. From friends, I've heard this strain is done by day 56 but i'm letting it go a couple extra days. Ill check for amber crystals then and let it go longer if needed.

I'm just wondering if this is a nutrient burn issue and if so, should I feed it any more or just do straight water from here on?

IMG_253014.JPG

Well I found that the soil was very dry and i had just moved up to a better fan so i believe that the plant was just drying out more than it liked. The leafs with old nutrient burn couldn't handle the dryness as well and finally gave in. I think the plants are doing ok overall but we will see in a week or so if things get worse.

I'm inexperienced so I don't really know what the trichomes should look like but i think these are all getting pretty milky. From what i hear, milky with a little amber to it is good. I think I fed them nutes for the last time today. After week 6 the flush starts and Hopefully There will be some amber by the end of week 8. It will probably go till day 60 then chop chop :)

When it comes time for the flush I think I'll just cut the strings on the scrog table and take each plant to the tub where lots of excess water can drain. Hopefully the plants hold them selves up after the table is removed, we shall see.

it's a personal preference D250, the more amber they get the heavier the smoke is gonna be. I like mine at 20%

subbed btw :thumb:

good stuff there, that is some serious training i really liked it.

keep fighting the good fight

Back
Top Bottom