Weedys Closet 400w HPS/250w MH

WeedyMcWeedWeed

ok so this will be my attempt at a continual journal. im still on my first 2 grows, i will finish my phototron journal when i crop the lady in the tron. ive been keeping track of the clones ive had in my tron journal. so im now going to move the clone grow here. and everything else i do in my closet.

SPECS
7'highx7'widex26" deep

flower side
400w Lumatek switchable ballast.
400w Hortilux Super HPS bulb
Xtransun AC reflector

veg side
250w Hydrofarm MH light. ballast in housing.
just a regular 250w MH bulb.

NUTES
FoxFarm nutes
Grow Big
Grow Big Hydro (for DWC)
Big Bloom
Tiger Bloom
Open Sesame
Beastie Bloomz
Cha Ching

RootTone for cloning
A-OK rooter plugs (RW)

SOIL
FoxFarm Ocean Forest.
perlite or hydroton, for drainage and aeration
i might possibly start using some other stuff when i
buy some more soil if i do ill let you guys know.

:welcome: & :thanks:

ok so heres my first update to the new journal.

the veg side isnt setup yet, because my tron is on that side, once that is done, about 3 weeks. itll become the veg side.

but for now, ive vegged these clones for about 5 weeks, they have been in flower for 9 days now, i started flower on monday, 9/6/09

ill give you guys a quick run down of their progress. no problems at all. a few spots on 2 leaves but its because of my tap water it did the same thing in my tron with no negative effects, weird how its only on 2 leaves.

i do think i have ph probelms with the plant in the round pot. the run off was a little low, like 5.5 i dont know if thats too low for runoff or not, but the tips are droopy, and the some leaves have a slight crinkle to some of them.

you can see the leave tips drooping.
0915091706b.jpg

img829.jpg

img831.jpg

img831.jpg

0915091706a.jpg

img830.jpg

forgot to rotate these sorry
img832.jpg

img833.jpg

img839.jpg

just trying to give you a judgement on size
img835.jpg

img836.jpg

img837.jpg

purple haze clone, took forever to reveg, and now i dont have a veg room to keep it in, so i guess ill flower it even if its small.
img840.jpg

img841.jpg

ok and sorry for any shitty quality pics. but you get the jist. ill try to remember to rotate pics next time.

also the round pot is 24.5" tall with around 17 main tops. and many smaller lower ones
the square pot is 24" tall and about the same wide. it has a bunch of tops i lost count lmao.

they have strechted 2.5" and 3" respectively. what is a normal amount of stretch?

right on weedy lookin good.. i been waitin for new pics bro! that hydro plant blew the hell up, hell yaa

ill let a pro answer your ?'s idk

I like your concept of side-by-side veg and flower. Good luck with this latest clone grow, looks great so far. If you don't mind me asking what are you using to control the odor in your grow area?

JC

wats up Weedy?ima stay posted..i wana see how those clones do going into flower..

thanks man. youve been around for a min. i appreciate it a lot. Hey i got a question, why do you think my leave tips are drooping????

I like your concept of side-by-side veg and flower. Good luck with this latest clone grow, looks great so far. If you don't mind me asking what are you using to control the odor in your grow area?

JC

yeah, thanks. i will up grade with probably a cardboard wall between room, and mylar the whole thing, or B/W poly. idk well see, i have clones rooting im hoping they will time up welk with the tron harvest, so i can transform that side into a veg side.

:thanks::roorrip:

oh yeah, i have done nothing about odor. i need to here soon. but you suprisingly you dont smell it out of my room. but we all smoke bud here all day long. so it always smells like weed anyways. my room though, smells like heaven when you open my door

its kind of hard to say.but i'm pretty sure its just shock from veg then flower then clone n now back to flower.i always trouble shoot first. My trouble shoot list goes like this:
1. underside of leafs
2. p.h
3. soil
4. temps.
5. humidity
6. moisture
7. light levels

I hope this gives you an idea of what i look for when i first notice a problem. did you harden the plants off prior to putting them under the H.I.D 's?

joining the crew!

damn glad to be here.

damn good to have you here.!!

its kind of hard to say.but i'm pretty sure its just shock from veg then flower then clone n now back to flower.i always trouble shoot first. My trouble shoot list goes like this:
1. underside of leafs
2. p.h
3. soil
4. temps.
5. humidity
6. moisture
7. light levels

I hope this gives you an idea of what i look for when i first notice a problem. did you harden the plants off prior to putting them under the H.I.D 's?

ok yes they were hardened off before they were vegged under the 250wMH. theyve been in flower for 10 days. i gave them 24hr of dark before introducing the HPS. i thought it was from the stronger light but it has gotten worse.

ok for your list.
1. nothing under leaves. checked with microscope also.
2. pH run off was kinda low like 5.5 ish(liquid test kit)
3. what about the soil?
4. the temps have been flucuating more latley, from 73*-83*. before was like 78-83*
5. rh, 30% lights on. up to 45/50% dark
6. what about moisture?
7. ?? 400w HPS 16" agove today 18" 2 days ago.

damn good to have you here.!!

ok yes they were hardened off before they were vegged under the 250wMH. theyve been in flower for 10 days. i gave them 24hr of dark before introducing the HPS. i thought it was from the stronger light but it has gotten worse.

ok for your list.
1. nothing under leaves. checked with microscope also.
2. pH run off was kinda low like 5.5 ish(liquid test kit)
3. what about the soil?
4. the temps have been flucuating more latley, from 73*-83*. before was like 78-83*
5. rh, 30% lights on. up to 45/50% dark
6. what about moisture?
7. ?? 400w HPS 16" agove today 18" 2 days ago.

As far as the soil goes I mean check the soil for bugs or any contaminates. Sometimes things can either crawl in or jusst slip inwhen we're least expect it to.moisture meaning moisture levels.#7. Is light levels as in how intense the light is. Light intesity can cause the leafs to do the curl.mine always does it after a feeding of liquid light.this is cause the plants are trying to convert the light into sugars, but the lights so intense that i t can't register it fast enough.this is just a possibility.

ok i have a small gnat problem, i sprayed the soil with FF Dont bug me spray. as it says to do. i didnt spray the plants them selves.

so possibly, the problem could be the introduction of the more intense HPS. should i raise the light more. its still 16" above canopy. it was 18" but the ladies are still stretching. i figued when the lights are about 15" above ill raise to 18" again. is this bad or wrong?

Nice weedymc, How you growem sideways like that??? LOL... Nice buddy lookin good...A+++ Reps for you

Back
Top Bottom