First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Oh almost forgot congrats "Harry Red" sounds like you did your homework! the 400MH/600HPS is the IDEAL setup for the $ for anything from 5X5 to 8X8 grow area and you will do good because you already did the most important thing right and thats get decent lights! can't wait to see your results, keep us posted I look forward to seeing your garden of eden. Just watch that 600HPS when flowering it is much hotter and needs to be much futher away from the plant tops! besides higher disperses the light to all areas of the garden also. If using the encased reflector thats a different story all together.

I'd leave some milk and cookies in case Santa gets the munchies, McBuzd. :smokin:

Thanks BIGBudDug. Yeah, I'm happy with my choice of lighting and my free hanging mylar box design. I can walk all the way around the box (360 degrees) so it makes watering and any other handling of the plants a snap. I love that. No issues with heat either, even with the large open reflector hood.

Here's a few pix at day 83.

Here's some of the lowest, smallest cola tops.

msburley-day83-1.jpg

msburley-day83-2.jpg

msburley-day83-3.jpg

msburley-day83-4.jpg

msburley-day83-5.jpg

msburley-day83-6.jpg

The giant colas, higher up the plant.

msburley-day83-7.jpg

msburley-day83-8.jpg

msburley-day83-9.jpg

The Top Mega-Cola
msburley-day83-10.jpg

Damn, how long can it take this beastly beauty to mature? Checked the trichs yesterday and still no ambers after 83 days. Oh, well. I'm letting her continue to grow.

I guess I'll just keep :smokin: and stare at her 'til she's done.

:peace:

Harry

AWESOME! those pic's are very beautiful, I also mean beautiful in the quality of the pic and the product in the pic. If you don't mind me asking I always am curious as to what type of camera people use when I see such clarity in pictures like this? I so far hear more Canon's than to be expected? but the color and sharpness of your pictures are superb. Kepp up the good grow, I sure would like to be there a month after harvest...

looks great..ino its hard to keep waitn..but itll b worth it.....great job
I hear ya man. Waiting is the hardest part. (didn't Tom Petty say that?) :smokin:

AWESOME! those pic's are very beautiful, I also mean beautiful in the quality of the pic and the product in the pic. If you don't mind me asking I always am curious as to what type of camera people use when I see such clarity in pictures like this?
Thanks again man.

I'm using a Nikon Coolpix 7.1 megapixel that I picked up online for $89.00. I added a 4g SM card from buy dot com for 9.99 (free shipping). I really like the camera. The only knock is the auto-focus is a bit tricky, depending on the camera setting but you get used to it. It's got a macro-mode and even does pretty good movies. I think my next camera will be a 10MP with a super macro mode but considering the price, I can't complain about the Nikon. The main thing is to get a camera with good optics. Cheap optics = poor pix.

Yeah, I'm a huge fan of Sativa and I love the psychoactive buzz from it. All I ever get is Sativa though so my goal is find a Indica dominant plant to add to the mix. I have some special bag seeds that I'll use for my next grow, which I'm sure came from some various, high-quality, indoor strains. I'm thinking there will be an Indica dominant plant or two in there. I have 6 of those seeds.

As soon as I harvest Miss Burley, I'll start my new mystery grow, assuming the seeds actually germinate. ;)

Harry

I'd seriously enter miss burley in plant of the month...she is amazing! I still can't get over the size of the buds.

I too like your pictures and was considering that exact camera but went with the Canon Power-Shot SD1000 Elph 7.1 mega pixels. My beef with that is that I don't think the view you see while trying to focus in on a shot is as clear as it could/should be. But other than that I'm pretty happy with mine. After seeing your pictures though you are making me second guess ;-) Great Journal

Mr Harry, just keep an eye on the trichs.. That could go 100+ no problem, and it will be worth every extra day...I have had more then one go over 100 days... Did you clone Burley? Hang in there Harry, your patience will be rewarded... :peace::ganjamon:

Thanks 4204all & Doc. Trichs still mostly cloudy.

Mr Harry, just keep an eye on the trichs.. That could go 100+ no problem, and it will be worth every extra day...I have had more then one go over 100 days... Did you clone Burley? Hang in there Harry, your patience will be rewarded... :peace::ganjamon:

Be Irie, I'm was thinking it might take 100+ days for this one to mature. Thanks for the heads up and I'll be watching the trichs closely from here on out. I do have a clone of her that I'm keeping in the tron. She's about 18" high but I'm running out of room in there. I thought about taking a couple of clones from her, then bud her out, but she grows so slow and big, I'm not really prepared to do that right now. Maybe I'll just trim her down for now.

I still can't get over how huge she is. How long did she veg for? What was the height when she went into flower?

McBudz, I can't get over how big she is either and I certainly didn't plan it that way. ;)

Here she is the day I went 12/12.

day41-plant2.jpg

I started 12/12 when she was ~22" tall and ~41 days from seed. She was the shortest one of the five I started with. One was male and I yanked it. The other three grew a lot faster and matured much quicker. She kept growing for two+ more weeks before she stopped vertical growth and began to bud. By that time, she was 8 foot. She's put one another 5 inches since then.

That's a 4X stretch. I think she must be some kind of freak of nature.

Maybe she will be worth the wait. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with all that weed.

Then again, I guess I'll just :smokin:

Harry

Thanks 4204all & Doc. Trichs still mostly cloudy.

Be Irie, I'm was thinking it might take 100+ days for this one to mature. Thanks for the heads up and I'll be watching the trichs closely from here on out. I do have a clone of her that I'm keeping in the tron. She's about 18" high but I'm running out of room in there. I thought about taking a couple of clones from her, then bud her out, but she grows so slow and big, I'm not really prepared to do that right now. Maybe I'll just trim her down for now.

McBudz, I can't get over how big she is either and I certainly didn't plan it that way. ;)

Here she is the day I went 12/12.

day41-plant2.jpg

I started 12/12 when she was ~22" tall and ~41 days from seed. She was the shortest one of the five I started with. One was male and I yanked it. The other three grew a lot faster and matured much quicker. She kept growing for two+ more weeks before she stopped vertical growth and began to bud. By that time, she was 8 foot. She's put one another 5 inches since then.

That's a 4X stretch. I think she must be some kind of freak of nature.

Maybe she will be worth the wait. I'm not sure what I'm gonna do with all that weed.

Then again, I guess I'll just :smokin:

Harry

You need to get a picture of yourself standing next to it before you chop her down. Thats crazy. I hope you have a lot friends to help trim.

Thanks SG and 4202all. The mother I have grown from a clone taken early in veg looks almost like a miniature of Miss Burley. A tall cola with large branches surround it. I wanted to hold onto her genetics for awhile.

You need to get a picture of yourself standing next to it before you chop her down. Thats crazy. I hope you have a lot friends to help trim.

I try to keep a low profiles and only one other person knows of my grow (aside from all the people on the internet lol). :smokin:

Speaking of trim, I just screened mine and came up with a gram or so of some good stuff.

kif1a.jpg

kif1.jpg

I put about a .25 of a gram in a "J" and blazed up my friend. :smokin:

This stuff really takes the buzz to a new level that I've not experienced in many years. I haven't even saw any hash in about 15 years and this takes me back there.

Harry

Great photos Harry! :yummy:

Keif looks magical. You need to blaze me up w/ a J sometime!
Lil bud looks like some excellent smoke as well. How is Ms.Burley?
Has any swelling occurred since your last update? Any amber yet?

Catch you later man,
Dread

Thanks Doc!!

Magical is a good way to describe the keif. It kicks the THC% up a couple of notches, that's for sure.

I'm 'bout too toasted to post. :smokin:

That's a Sheena nug. She's been a sweet girl.

I haven't checked Miss Burley for ambers in a couple of days but I can tell she's not yet ripe. The buds need to swell and harden more before she's ready.

Harry

Update: Day 90 of 12/12

Just a quick update at day 90 of 12/12.

Miss Burley's colas are getting bigger and more dense. Here's a few pix.

msburley-day90-1.jpg

msburley-day90-2.jpg

msburley-day90-3.jpg

I'm starting to see a little color in the trichs so it shouldn't be much longer now. Perhaps the 100 day mark will be about right.

msburley-day90-4.jpg

One thing I've noticed is that I'm seeing a lot of fox tailing in these later stages. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. Seems to me that instead of getting more dense, the fox tailing is actually causing the buds to stretch a little more. Maybe it's just part of the genetics in this strain.

The colas are large enough to handle a little fox tailing though. :smokin:

Harry

Holy Bejebus Mackeral Harry !

Beautiful mano....

Peace :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom