First Grow Guidance: 400w MH/600w HPS & Soil

Thanks for the kinds words runamok and 4204all. I decided to snip off a little 3" bud and examine the trichs more closely. She still needs a little more time.

I'm gonna let the little bud it dry out and do a smoke test for potency. :smokin:

:peace:

Harry

lol a "little" 3 inch bud. On some peoples plants a 3 inch bud isn't so little. Nice monster chick you got there.

Oh yeah sorry I wasn't suggesting to advertise yourself standing next to the tree. Where a mask or something I just think it would be cool for you to have a pic of your self next to that giant plant. Kind of like a guy standing next to the shark he caught or something. peace

Wowsers what biggin. A pic with you would add some perspective. Hell you could hide your face behind the cola. Nice Growing!!

That's y'all. It's certainly looking like a forest in the flowering room.
439.gif

McBudz, I was responding more to the comment about friends to help with the trimming when I mentioned keeping a low profile. Loose lips sink ships, or so they say. ;)

I'm getting lots of color in the trichs now and I think she's given about as much as she can. I plan on one more watering and then a good drying period before harvest. I figure around Tuesday of next week.

Oh, and the little nug I dried out was very potent, with a nice strong high so she's right there. When I squeeze a bud her, I get a sweet wild grape odor. Being so green I couldn't tell much on the taste but it was kinda sweet and piny tasting.

I'll try to get a couple of pix using my tripod with me standing beside it. That would be cool for posterity sake. I'll probably never grow another giant like that, inside anyways.

Time to get blazed up. :smokin:

Harry

That's y'all. It's certainly looking like a forest in the flowering room.
439.gif

McBudz, I was responding more to the comment about friends to help with the trimming when I mentioned keeping a low profile. Loose lips sink ships, or so they say. ;)

I'm getting lots of color in the trichs now and I think she's given about as much as she can. I plan on one more watering and then a good drying period before harvest. I figure around Tuesday of next week.

Oh, and the little nug I dried out was very potent, with a nice strong high so she's right there. When I squeeze a bud her, I get a sweet wild grape odor. Being so green I couldn't tell much on the taste but it was kinda sweet and piny tasting.

I'll try to get a couple of pix using my tripod with me standing beside it. That would be cool for posterity sake. I'll probably never grow another giant like that, inside anyways.

Time to get blazed up. :smokin:

Harry

Ah yeah I see.

I can't wait to see her harvested. You are going to have so much trimming I hope you plan to make hash or something with it. If you like the silk screen method "lawson" makes a real nice high quality screen in all sorts of shapes and sizes and screen density. I used a 125 18x21inches for $16 and got great results. Fits perfectly over a framed mirror I have. I've used the same screen twice now it it is still going strong. Just clean it up with alcohol after each use and its good as new.

Once she gets a good cure it will taste so much better I'm sure. I'm personally not a big fan of quick dried bud.

Not to say that I haven't done it, but I'm no fan of quick dry either. For me, it's hang for 5-6 days and then into jars for a cure.

I do have a nice box that I use for screening trim. I only got about a gram from an oz or so of trim.

kif1a.jpg

It was very powerful stuff though. It has a very narrow diameter silk screen in. Is there a good way to clean a silk screen? I figured alcohol would destroy it.

Fall Colors

I wanted to post a couple of pix of the pretty fall colors showing through in Miss Burley. There's even a little purp in there. Guess it's the cooler temps.

msb-purp1.jpg

msb-purp2.jpg

Today was the last watering and I'll harvest when she dries back out.

I'm certainly ready to :smokin: her.

Harry

My box contains a 120 gage synthetic silk screen. If it were metal, I wouldn't worry much about using alcohol. I'm just not sure what affect it may have on the synthetic silk. The sifter box was fairly expensive (at least to me it was).

I'm thinking a can of compressed and filtered air might do the trick.

Harry

Again... Looks awesome Harry !

Peace :roorrip:

I have one of those grinders with the little screens in it for kief collection. I used a air compressor that I use for my powered tools and it blew the screen clean. Not sure with your silk screen but it sure worked for my little screen.

My goodness Harry. Miss Burley is the most dense cola-ridden indoor plant I've ever seen, anywhere. I'll need to go back through your journal and get all of the specifics when I'm ready to nurture my own medicine. I know the genetics are playing a big part, but your technique is spot-on, I'd say. Very commendable brother. :peace::ganjamon::peace:

Harvest Time For Miss Burley!!

Well, Miss Burley made it to 99 days of 12/12. I think she finished pretty well. I might could have done some things a little better toward the end, but I'm very happy with the results.

The trichs were 30%-40% amber, which is right where I want 'em to be.

Miss Burley

From bottom to top...

Scrub buds on the bottom.. (haha)

mb-harvest1.jpg

Big Colas

mb-harvest2.jpg

mb-harvest3.jpg

Looks like a cactus.

mb-harvest4.jpg

Main Cola Shots

mb-harvest5.jpg

mb-harvest6.jpg

One thing very cool about this grow was that parts of a couple of the branches and some of the main stem turned purple. Maybe it was the temps, a deficiency or genetics, I dunno.

mb-harvest9.jpg

One of the purple branches produced this cola.

mb-harvest7.jpg

Only one other smaller cola showed some purple. You can see two colas side by side in this shot. One purp, the other not. I thought that was kinda interesting.

mb-harvest8.jpg

Here's everything hanging up.

mb-harvest10.jpg

mb-harvest11.jpg

mb-harvest12.jpg

mb-harvest13.jpg

I got nice haul!! Got an OZ+ of smaller buds drying in a box that's I'll probably make some hash with.

I'll be posting back the dried weight and a smoke report soon!! :smokin:

Harry

Back
Top Bottom