Blueneon's DWC Grow Journal: Critical + Cheese, 400W MH, 400W HPS, 2018

I would go ahead and top it, I’ve done that a few times. Seems like I miss the fim everytime lol. It’s really up to you though, the scrog screen will allow for plent of tops if you don’t wanna top but they seem to branch better and faster after being topped imo.✌️

I would go ahead and top it, I’ve done that a few times. Seems like I miss the fim everytime lol. It’s really up to you though, the scrog screen will allow for plent of tops if you don’t wanna top but they seem to branch better and faster after being topped imo.✌️

Thanks.. Hm, the only issue I have with topping her now is that its going to set back the grow probably another 2 weeks. And I'm champing at the bit to get her to fill the scrog asap so I can flip to flower. So I'm probably just going to leave her alone.

Here's an update on how she looks today
20181101_211033.jpg
20181101_211018.jpg

Please do!! The more the merrier! This is my first attempt from gifted seeds. So I’ll probably need some feedback :)
Today I’m going to add another air stone to each bucket and take some pics of my chicken scratches so I learn from my mistakes

Please do!! The more the merrier! This is my first attempt from gifted seeds. So I’ll probably need some feedback :)
Today I’m going to add another air stone to each bucket and take some pics of my chicken scratches so I learn from my mistakes
Whoops I thought that was for me. Haha I’m medicated . Please check out my grow in my sig .. I know I’ll get stuck at some point ! -PEAcE-

Update 5 Nov

Gave my girl a "conservative" lollipopping.

Before lollipopping:
20181105_193802.jpg

After lollipopping:
20181105_194937.jpg

The low fan leaves were huge!

20181105_194858.jpg

20181105_194907.jpg 20181105_194911.jpg

Also decided to clone some of the off cuts (8 of them), really not sure what I'll do with them if they take though, since I'm close to flipping and don't have a separate grow setup, haha. I might just chuck them into outdoor soil.

20181105_200811.jpg

Hmm.. so the plant has finally started to touch the scrog today, however it seems my FIM attempt has failed, still only one main top (and some deformed leaves where the FIM took place). Should have just topped it! Grrr.

I'm wondering though if its too late to top at this stage or if I should just continue as is and let the scrog do all the work... Any thoughts, all those landscape gurus out there?

It's not too late, personally I would top it but that is up to you

It's not too late, personally I would top it but that is up to you

Thanks, she seems ok and after already giving her a shave today I think I'm going to just leave the topping. I'm hoping to flip the lights in two weeks, so by then she should have bounced back from the shave and hopefully filled most of the scrog. We'll have to wait and see.

13 Nov

She's doing well very well, drinking loads of tea every day now. Scrog filling up with nice top sites (with a bit of tuck and pull help, of course), just bottom left corner (and a little on the right) to still fill and we're good to let her grow vertical to make some juicy buds.

I've had to strategically remove more and more fan leaves here and there each day to prevent the scrog getting cluttered. But once she fills the scrog completely I'll probably leave her alone till just before harvest.

I opted NOT to flush or drain and switch nutes yet, simply topping off with the new tea (flower mix) as is.. This should keep the stretch well fed.

I will however drain the res on Sunday (1 week after flip) and fill with pure flower tea.

In case anyone is wondering, I use my GH nutes as follows (a little different to their recommendations):

Veg = 3ml Grow - 2ml Micro - 1ml Bloom per 2 Litres of water and then adjust to pH 5.8 (note this works out to be just under half the recommended dose), as can be seen, its more than ample.

Flower = 1ml Grow - 2ml Micro - 3ml Bloom per 1 Litre of water (pH'ed to 5.8). Note this is just slightly under the full GH recommended dose.

Transition = simple top off with flower tea mix for 1 week, then drain and switch to only using the flower tea.

20181113_173228.jpg

Stretching like mad now, did what I think is the last "tuck" under the scorg today and clipped off a good few more fans.

Unfortunately I ended up snapping one of the biggest tops though! Ouch.

Anyways, will let her recover from today's brutal attack and thats that. No more tucking, no more cutting (until just before harvest).

Will update with a pic again in a day or two when she's perky again.

Back
Top Bottom