SuperLocker DWC Grow - 2 BF Critical Kush & 2 RQS Amnesia Haze - INTRO

Everything is looking great Sharky, nice roots, and your stats are spot on. If you are using R/O water then your for sure Cal/Mag deficient. Sounds like you have everything under control though. I usually set my PH anywhere between 5.8 and 6.0 when changing my reservoirs. If the PH fluctuates between 5.5 and 6.5 your safe, and it actually helps a little because different nutrients get absorbed better at different PH lvls sometimes.
Everything seems like its going pretty smooth for you, keep it up.:thumb:
Cheers.;)

12/18/14
6.2 Ph and 400 PPM at 1am
6.3 Ph and 400 PPM at 9:30am
6.6 Ph and 370 PPM at 8pm
Drained 2 quarts and refilled with the last 2 quarts of the pre-mixed nutrient solution I made for the week. Pumped up the PPM on this to 840 PPM and lowered the Ph to 5.0. After adding this and adjusting the Ph down a little bit more, I ended up at 440PPM and 6.2 Ph. I didn't want to lower the Ph too much at one time. I think I may do the res change a day early just to get the mixture closer to where it needs to be. My PPM's are too low.

They ate 30 PPM during the day today which was 8 hrs shade and 2 hours light. Storing up and rebuilding while resting? I read somewhere that Ph will rise as the plant eats nitrogen, maybe that's why it rises over time.

========================
Quote Originally Posted by KingJohnC View Post
Subscribed. Can you please take a photograph of the leaf damage you are describing?

I didn't take any pictures tonight because the lights are on, but I'll take some tomorrow. I have three good examples: light, medium, and heavily damaged leaves. I'll also try and grab a closeup of the white tips which I think is the beginning of Mg deficiency.
By the way, I can give you an example of nute burn as well. The Banana Kush (it was a clone I picked up and added later) isn't liking the same concentration solution as the more established plants and its just starting to burn on the very tip, turning brownish yellow starting at the tip and has some yellowish leaves. Leave it to me to provide examples of all the problem plants. :thumb:
========================

Sharky
:peace:

December 19, 2014
Some pictures below of the damaged leaves from the early deficiencies. I am pretty sure most of this is Mg deficiency but probably have Ca def too. Going to do a reservoir change later today and will trim off most of the damaged leaves below.

BELOW: This is an earlier stage of the deficiency that I am pretty sure is Mg deficiency. It starts out as a very faint rust color then gets darker as it develops. I've been leaving the leaves in the early stage attached because they are still functioning. If you look closely a few of the leaf tips have little white ends, white leaf tips is supposedly a sign of Mg def.

20141219_101544.jpg

BELOW: This is a more advanced stage of the same deficiency. The purple stem is supposedly another sign of Mg def, you can also see more of the white leaf tips in the upper left corner. I'm going to prune this one later today. Up until the last couple days it was functioning pretty well and there aren't many fan leaves on this plant so I left it as long as I could.

20141219_101607.jpg

BELOW: A little blury but you get the picture. Even more advanced stage, severe necrosis. These leaves are pretty much dust. Going to take these off later today. You can kind of see the progression of sickness through the last three pics.

20141219_101624.jpg

Although the pics above pics look bad I think things are very close to under control and I've actually had a ton of new growth this week. The one plant that wasn't stunted is exploding and the others are doing well too, they're just a little behind. The new growth since topping 6 days ago looks great but does have some white leaf tips. I'm going to add a bit of Epsom Salt solution with the new reservoir fill today in addition to the CalMag.

BELOW: This is the same plant that I showed in a previous post that was topped at the 4th node. 6 days ago the new dominant stalks were about 1 to 2 cm, now they are about 6 inches long from base of stem to leaf tip. You can see where it was topped in the pic below.

20141219_101719.jpg

December 19, 2014 - 4 Weeks 2 Days Since Seed

Reservoir Change Today. I'm at 830PPM for this week. Includes 200PPM CalMag and 100PPM Mg (Epsom Salts) so nute strength is about 530PPM. Also changed the nutrient ratios just a bit. Current Reservoir has per gallon: 2ml Hydroguard, 4ml CalMag, 3ml Liquid Seaweed, 4ml VitaBlue, 4ml Micro, 3ml Bloom, and 5ml Grow. Also has 100 PPM Mg. If I figured this right my N-P-K ratio should be close to 10-5-8. Final PPM is 830 and PH is 5.7.

Also switched out my HPS for the new LED. Lowered it to about 6" from the plants.

CURRENT STATS (*Lights On)
Room Temp: 65.8F Humidity: 74% * Water Temp: 63.9F Water PH: 5.7 Water PPM: 830
* Rained today

Another weekly picture of the roots. I rest them in pure RO water while I clean the res. Its getting tangled in there with all the roots and water lines and air lines and stones and pump.

20141219_192938.jpg

I trimmed off most of the damaged leaves which basically meant I lolipopped them. 2 Critical Kush on the right. Far left is the Banana Kush Clone (younger than the others but doing fine with the nutes so far) and the remaining 2 are the Amnesia Haze. A few damaged leaves left but overall looking much better.

20141219_192455.jpg

Top view. Ready to go back in the SuperCloset.

20141219_192515.jpg

That's it for now. We'll see if I have the Ca and Mg under control and if the nutes are dialed in. Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. If you sent me a PM, I'm not able to respond because I don't have enough posts to send PM's. Have a great week 420MAGers. Happy Holidays!

Sharky

December 19, 2014
Some pictures below of the damaged leaves from the early deficiencies. I am pretty sure most of this is Mg deficiency but probably have Ca def too. Going to do a reservoir change later today and will trim off most of the damaged leaves below.

BELOW: This is an earlier stage of the deficiency that I am pretty sure is Mg deficiency. It starts out as a very faint rust color then gets darker as it develops. I've been leaving the leaves in the early stage attached because they are still functioning. If you look closely a few of the leaf tips have little white ends, white leaf tips is supposedly a sign of Mg def.

20141219_101544.jpg

BELOW: This is a more advanced stage of the same deficiency. The purple stem is supposedly another sign of Mg def, you can also see more of the white leaf tips in the upper left corner. I'm going to prune this one later today. Up until the last couple days it was functioning pretty well and there aren't many fan leaves on this plant so I left it as long as I could.

20141219_101607.jpg

BELOW: A little blury but you get the picture. Even more advanced stage, severe necrosis. These leaves are pretty much dust. Going to take these off later today. You can kind of see the progression of sickness through the last three pics.

20141219_101624.jpg

Although the pics above pics look bad I think things are very close to under control and I've actually had a ton of new growth this week. The one plant that wasn't stunted is exploding and the others are doing well too, they're just a little behind. The new growth since topping 6 days ago looks great but does have some white leaf tips. I'm going to add a bit of Epsom Salt solution with the new reservoir fill today in addition to the CalMag.

BELOW: This is the same plant that I showed in a previous post that was topped at the 4th node. 6 days ago the new dominant stalks were about 1 to 2 cm, now they are about 6 inches long from base of stem to leaf tip. You can see where it was topped in the pic below.

20141219_101719.jpg

The plant in your first photographs is showing a calcium deficiency. The plant in your second photograph is showing either an advanced calcium deficiency or a phosphorous deficiency. The plant in your third photograph I believe has a magnesium deficiency. If you are using Reverse Osmosis water you must use a calcium and magnesium supplement to make up for what the water is lacking. I would introduce a calcium and magnesium supplement containing calcium nitrate and magnesium nitrate Such as Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus after 2 good weeks of vegetative growth from a seedling. Cal-Mag Plus and CaliMagic are synthetic calcium and magnesium supplements. If you are using a natural source of calcium and magnesium based calcium and magnesium supplement such as General Organics CaMg+ you can start to add at the start of vegetative growth. I use Botanicare's Cal-Mag Plus at 5 milliliters or 1 teaspoon per gallon as a calcium and magnesium supplement for the majority of my cannabis plants.

(Click on the photographs for direct links to the products)

You want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil.

Here is a nutrient availability chart

pH_chart7.jpg

Here is a cannabis leaf deficiency chart

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies31.jpg

here is the Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver and the Plant Abuse Chart

Cannabis Plant and Pest Problem Solver: Pictorial

Plant Abuse Chart

12/20/14
Ph up to 6.2, PPM at 770 (down 60 PPM)

12/22/14
Ph at 6.1, PPM down to 720

12/23/14
Ph at 6.1, PPM down to 680
Added .5 gallon solution (850 PPM and 5.9 Ph) which brought reservoir to 6.0 Ph and 700PPM.

12/24/14
Ph at 6.0, PPM down to 670

12/25/14
PH at 6.6, and PPM down to 560!
Added .75 gal solution (850 PPM and 5.9Ph) which brought reservoir to 6.5Ph and 610 PPM.
Merry Christmas!

December 26, 2014
Plants have exploded this week. Probably went 1 day too long for reservoir change as things have really gone crazy the last 2 days. Ph has spiked, the PPM's have plummeted, and they are drinking a ton of water.

Will be doing a reservoir change later today and will post some updated stats and pictures.

Sharky

December 27, 2014 - 5 Weeks 3 Days Since Seed

Reservoir Change Today. I'm at 1120 PPM for this week. Includes 260 PPM CalMag (5ml/gal.) and 140PPM Mg (Epsom Salts) so nute strength is 720 PPM. Current Reservoir has per gallon: 2ml Hydroguard, 5ml CalMag, 4ml Liquid Seaweed, 6ml VitaBlue, 5ml Micro, 6ml Bloom, and 6ml Grow. Also has 100 PPM Mg. If I figured this right my N-P-K ratio should be close to 10-7-12. Final PPM is 1120 and PH is 5.7.

Really good week this week, it looks like the plants have almost doubled in size! I topped them again except for the Pineapple Kush clone. The Amnesia Haze Sativa's stretched a bit this week so I topped them at the second node down to keep them from getting too tall. Will probably put up the net next week and start training all of them downward and sideways. I want to get one more good reservoir clean first then start training them. I won't be able to remove the reservoir once I start tying them down so I'll just drain in place and refill. I have a nice battery operated pump which will make it easy.

It's been really cold at night so I put a space heater near the SuperCloset to keep the room temps up a bit. Even so, the reservoir got down to 55.4 degrees last night. Gotta try and keep it above 60. If it gets below 60 again tonight I might add the heating mat I have for germinating seeds to add some warmth.

CURRENT STATS (*Lights Out)
Closet Temp: 66F Humidity: 55% Water Temp: 63.7F Water PH: 5.7 Water PPM: 1070

A couple pictures of the roots at this weeks reservoir change.​
20141227_092306.jpg

20141227_092318.jpg

Some pictures after trimming and topping. Ready to go back in the SuperCloset.​
20141227_091449_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

20141227_091411_Richtone_HDR_.jpg
20141227_091540.jpg

Back in the closet and lights out.​
20141227_102522.jpg

Looking for more explosive growth this week. Challenge this week will be to keep the reservoir temps from getting too low. Plants have been eating nutes faster than water, will be interesting to see if the higher PPM's will be enough to keep up this week.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Sharky

Ty to keep your reservoir temperature between 65° and 69° Fahrenheit for best growth. You may wish to defoliate some large fan leaves and open up more light to the nodes where the branches and future buds site grow from to maximize harvest potential.

12/28
Added .5 gal nutrient solution (1120 PPM 5.7 Ph) bringing res to 1020 PPM and 6.1Ph

12/29
Added .5 gal nutrient solution (1120 PPM 5.7 Ph) bringing res to 1010 PPM and 6.2 Ph

12/30
Added .5 gal nutrient solution (1120 PPM 5.7 Ph) bringing res to 1040 PPM and 6.0 Ph

12/31
Added .5 gal nutrient solution (1120 PPM 5.7 Ph) bringing res to 1040 PPM and 5.9 Ph

1/1
Added .5 gal nutrient solution (1120 PPM 5.7 Ph) bringing res to 1040 PPM and 5.9 Ph

Ladies are growing well again this week. They are drinking .5 gal per day, the PPM's and Ph are remaining constant. I think I matched the nutes to the needs pretty well this week. One of the Amnesia Haze is either nute burnt or is light burnt but all of the other plants including the other sativa and the Pinapple Kush clone that is a few weeks behind are doing great. It's hard to figure why just this one plant is having issues when the others are thriving. The other, healthy Amnesia Haze (Sativa) is really starting to stretch. I topped it again this week.

I'll update at the next res change.

Happy New year!

Sharky

1/2/15
It got really cold last night, both the cabinet and the reservoir water got down into the 50's! Ouch!
Added .5 gal slightly warmed nutrient solution (1120 PPM 5.7 Ph) bringing res to 1040 PPM and 5.9 Ph

1/3/15
Put the cloner heating mat under the reservoir to help keep the temps up. It worked! Low temps were 63.5 for the locker and 67.5 for the reservoir.

Going to wait 1 more day before doing the reservoir change since the Ph and PPM's are stable plus I have about .5 gal left from this weeks solution batch. Compared to the pictures from last weeks res change, the girls have grown at least 6" this week. Going to add the net this week, top as needed, tie some branches down, and cut back some fan leaves to help get the inner stuff growing. I can't let them get any taller before flipping to flower or I'll run out of room, I hit my pre-planned height this week. Probably flip them to Flower next weekend, that will be 7 weeks and 3 or 4 days from seed.

Closet Temp: 63.5F Humidity: 50% Water Temp: 67.5F Water PH: 5.9 Water PPM: 1040

January 4th, 2015 - 6 Weeks, 4 Days from Seed

Reservoir Change Today. I'm at 1070 PPM for this week, same as last week. Includes 260 PPM CalMag (5ml/gal.) and 140 PPM Mg (Epsom Salts) so nute strength is 670 PPM. Current Reservoir has per gallon: 2ml Hydroguard, 5ml CalMag, 4ml Liquid Seaweed, 6ml VitaBlue, 5ml Micro, 6ml Bloom, and 6ml Grow. Also has 100 PPM Mg. If I figured this right my N-P-K ratio should be close to 10-7-12. Final PPM is 1070 and PH is 5.6.

Another good week. Comparing pictures from last week, it looks like they doubled in size again. I spent a good amount of time training the lower most branches outward and trimming the inner fan leaves to open up the middle for more light. This gave me about 6 more inches of growth before I need to flip. Also hoping the middle growth will catch up with the stuff I pushed outward. See pictures below of what was done. Since I tied the branches to the reservoir, I'll need to drain it in place from now on. Also put the SCROB net up, that's my limit for veg height. I'll flip them once I get most of the growth to that height. I may need to train the outer stuff a bit more so the inner nodes can catch up. Girls are probably a bit shocked from the training and trimming today but I'm not in a hurry. I want everything at about the same height before I flip.

It'll be warmer this week so hopefully I won't need the extra heating mat under the reservoir. Hoping the inner nodes explode this week and catch up to the lower growth that was trained outward.

CURRENT STATS (*Lights Out)
Closet Temp: 64F Humidity: 56% Water Temp: 64.8F Water PH: 5.8 Water PPM: 1070

BELOW: Weekly Picture of the Roots. Comparing pictures from the last three reservoir changes it looks like they are doubling in height every week. This picture is before training and trimming.​
20150104_090930.jpg

TRAINING
I attached some adhesive backed zip-tie connectors to the side of the reservoir, one per row. I also attached them to the front and back of the reservoir, again 1 per row. I then used soft ties to wrap around the branches, connected the zip-ties to the connectors, then used thin wire to join them together. Basically, I pulled the lower most main shoots (from the first topping) to each side. I pulled more branches outward on a couple of them and pulled branches to the back and front on a couple as well. The goal was to move the faster growth to the outside and expose the inner nodes to more light. I also trimmed some of the fan leaves that shaded the inner nodes. Some pictures below.

BELOW: Adhesive backed Zip-Tie Connectors attached to the side, back and front of the reservoir.​
20150104_105353.jpg

BELOW: Soft-Tie's around the branches connected to the Zip-Tie's with thin wire. Trained the lower most branches outward to give the inner nodes more light.​
20150104_105906.jpg

BELOW: Top down picture after training and trimming showing the middle opened up for more light.​
20150104_110115.jpg

BELOW: Back in the closet. Note the ends of the lower growth that was trained is pushed up around the outside of the cabinet. Even though its trained outward and down its still several inches ahead of the middle nodes. The SCROG net is my limit for veg height, I'll flip them when most everything is at this height. The Amnesia Haze Sativa is the taller plant in the back right, it definitely wants to stretch out a bit more than the others.​
20150104_112435.jpg

BELOW: One last picture for this week. Hoping the inner nodes explode this week and catch up to the nodes that were trained outward.​
20150104_112614.jpg

That's it for this weeks reservoir change and picture update. Have a great week!

Sharky

January 11th, 2015 - 7 Weeks, 4 Days from Seed

Reservoir Change Today. I'm at 1070 PPM for this week, same as last week. Includes 260 PPM CalMag (5ml/gal.) and 140 PPM Mg (Epsom Salts) so nute strength is 670 PPM. Current Reservoir has per gallon: 2ml Hydroguard, 5ml CalMag, 4ml Liquid Seaweed, 6ml VitaBlue, 5ml Micro, 6ml Bloom, and 6ml Grow. Also has 100 PPM Mg. If I figured this right my N-P-K ratio should be close to 10-7-12. Final PPM is 1070 and PH is 5.6.

Not much to say for this week, they are growing like mad and the middle is filling in nicely. PPM's have been very consistent this week but the Ph has been dropping. I read somewhere Ph goes up when they are eating a ton of Nitro and that was especially evident in early veg. Now the Ph is going the other way so they must have backed off on the nitrogen are are eating something else. They are drinking more than a half gallon of nutrient solution every day.

Closet Temp: 69.6F Humidity: 60% Water Temp: 63.5F Water PH: 5.9 Water PPM: 1140

BELOW: Comparing pictures from last weeks update. They were about 5 inches below the netting after last weeks reservoir change and now are popping over it. I had no choice but to top the Sativa a bit, it was stretching too much compared to the others.

20150111_225234_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

BELOW: Lights On!

20150111_225306_Richtone_HDR_.jpg

This update is past due so is posted a week after the actual date. l will post another update shortly to get caught up.

Sharky

January 18th, 2015 - 8 Weeks, 4 Days from Seed
Beginning Week 1 of Flower

Reservoir Change Today. Flipped the Girls to Flower! Lights are set for 12/12. Also changed the nutrients a bit and changed N-P-K ratio. Some of the new nutrients have magnesium so I cut back on the Epsom Salts.

I'm at 1030 PPM for this week. This includes 260 PPM CalMag (5ml/gal.) but only 40 PPM Mg (Epsom Salts) so nute strength is at 730 PPM. Current Reservoir has per gallon: 2ml Hydroguard, 5ml CalMag, 5ml Liquid Seaweed, 3ml VitaBlue, 6ml Micro, 6ml Bloom, 5ml Grow, 2.5ml Early Bloomer, and 2ml Liquid Blue. N-P-K ratio is 1-1-1.7 Final PPM is 1030 and Ph was adjusted up to 6.0. I adjusted the Ph up slightly because its been dropping the last couple weeks.

I was out of town the entire week. As a result I left them in VEG a week longer than I should have. My helper did an amazing job of watering last week, the Girls grew at least 6". That's the good news. The bad news is the girls grew 6" and my cabinet isn't tall enough for full flower. I also forgot to tell my helper to raise the lights and I didn't show her how so I have some light burn. A couple of the tops grew right into the lights. The light burn will be fine but in raising the lights I also discovered that my LED doesn't fit to the side of the odor sock. This compounds my problem of running out of room for Flower. As you can see from the picture below there's no way I can flower these in the bottom of the SuperCloset, I let them go too far.

SOLUTION: What I decided to do was take out the shelf separating the upper and lower chambers. I think StealthGrow mentioned he did this in his closet. I'm also going to remove the internal odor sock and vent out the back of the closet to the outside of the house. I'm going to install a new Phresh Filter and Inline Fan and build a small noise reducing box around it. I oversized the fan and filter and purchased a wall mount fan switch/controller so I can control the fan speed from inside. I should be able to run at 30% to 50% without either noise or odor issues. This solution gives me more room for full flower and provides better odor elimination. I also have plenty of extra capacity if I decide to add a flowering closet at some point.

UPDATE on plant training: The limbs I tied down didn't end up doing too well. The middle did fill in as I had hoped but I tied the stems down too low and they didn't get much light so the tops on some of those branches wilted away. If I do this again I will not pull the stems so far down. Not sure this is a good method anyway given the confined space in the SuperCloset, it would be better for outside grows.

Closet Temp: 64.8F Humidity: 71% Water Temp: 62.1F Water PH: 5.8 Water PPM: 1020

BELOW: Last weeks update showed the Girls right at the netting so they grew 6" to 8" this week.

20150118_230431.jpg

BELOW: You can see below that I'm running out of room, especially if they double in height in Flower. The top of the lower chamber is at the top of the OdorSok. Note also the LED and OdorSok don't fit side by side so I'm already at about my limit for my LED. After I remove the upper shelf and remove the OdorSok I will have plenty of room to finish.

20150118_230448.jpg

I'll take some pictures of the new exhaust system project and the SuperCloset changes later in the week.

Sharky

Setup Changes / Upgrades!

It took more work than I expected but I made two major changes to my setup this week: I removed the upper shelf of the cabinet and I installed an external carbon filter system.

The upper shelf of the cabinet was much harder to remove than I expected. It was pretty high grade steel and looked to be spot welded or glued to the sides of the cabinet. It took some heavy duty sheet metal snips and a good amount of effort to get the shelf out. It did leave a few very small holes in the sides of the cabinet where the shelf was attached, but a little black duct tape on the inside and out and you don't really notice. Overall I'm happy with the change but it was not a trivial amount of effort to make it happen.

I also removed the internal AirSok and installed a new inline carbon filter and fan. A 6" X 20" Phresh Inline Filter (500 CFM) and an ActiveAir 6" Inline Fan (400 CFM). I ran ducting from the cabinet outside the house and made an enclosure in my side yard to contain the fan & filter. The enclosure is lined with acoustic absorbing foam pads. I also ran the electrical back into the house and plugged the fan into a Speedster Fan Speed Controller. I can't hear anything from inside and it's really quiet in the sideyard especially at lower fan speeds. Even at full speed the noise is reasonable and I could probably run at full speed without any issues. I will run at less than 50% power until this summer when it gets hot then will probably need to crank it up to keep the heat down. The system is probably 3 or 4 times more CFM's than I need for this small cabinet. Room for expansion. :;):

Reservoir change tomorrow. The girls aren't stretching much this week but the PPM's have been constant and they're drinking maybe a half gallon a day. They seem to be drinking less this week, first week of flower, than the previous couple weeks. Normal for switch of light and nutrients?

Some pictures of the system changes/upgrades below.​

BELOW: Picture of the new inline filter and fan inside the enclosure.
The enclosure is lined with acoustic absorbing pads, the front has pads as well.​
Filter_close_.jpg

BELOW: Another picture of the enclosure after it's closed.​
Filter_covered_.jpg

BELOW: A picture of the ducting from the back of the cabinet going to my sideyard.​
Ducting4.jpg

BELOW: A picture of the controls. Timers for lights and water. Fan speed controller on the right for the exhaust system and filter. Controller on the left for the heating mat to keep reservoir temps up during the cold nights.​
Controls.jpg

BELOW: A full length picture of the cabinet with the shelf removed. The light is pulled almost all the way up so you can see the new exhaust duct on the back left. I used the same opening as the previous fan and OdorSok and plugged any gaps or screw holes with Aluminum Tape. Notice how much more room I have for flower! I gained at least 2-3 feet of growing space.​
Cabinet_full_height_.jpg

I'll update after the reservoir change tomorrow.

Sharky

January 25th, 2015 - 9 Weeks, 4 Days from Seed

7 Days in Flower

Reservoir Change Today. I'm at 1100 PPM for the week. This includes 260 PPM CalMag (5ml/gal.) and 140 PPM Mg (Epsom Salts) so nute strength is at 700 PPM. Current Reservoir has per gallon: 2ml Hydroguard, 5ml CalMag, 5ml Liquid Seaweed, 3ml VitaBlue, 6ml Micro, 7ml Bloom, 4ml Grow, 2.5ml Early Bloomer, and 2.5ml Liquid Blue. N-P-K ratio is 0.8-1.0-1.6. Final PPM is 1100 and Ph was adjusted up to 6.2. I adjusted the Ph up slightly because its been dropping the last three weeks.

After changing the water, final reservoir numbers were: 1000 PPM and 6.0 Ph.

Comparing the picture from the last res change to the picture below of cabinet after the shelf was removed, it looks like they Girls stretched another 5" or so this week. Hope that slows soon. Not doing any pruning except for dead leaves but have been pushing the fan leaves down to expose the stems and bud sites. Hoping for pre-flowers this week!

No picture because its dark time but the full length photo of the cabinet below is the most recent.

MOST CURRENT STATS (*Lights On at 5am)
Closet Temp: 62.1F Humidity: 65.5% Water Temp: 65.5F Water PH: 6.0 Water PPM: 1000

February 1st, 2015 - 10 Weeks, 4 Days from Seed

14 Days in Flower

Reservoir Change Today. Same nutrient mix as last week. Total PPM is 1100 which includes 260 PPM CalMag (5ml/gal.) and 140 PPM Mg (Epsom Salts) so nute strength is at 700 PPM. Current Reservoir has per gallon: 2ml Hydroguard, 5ml CalMag, 5ml Liquid Seaweed, 3ml VitaBlue, 6ml Micro, 7ml Bloom, 4ml Grow, 2.5ml Early Bloomer, and 2.5ml Liquid Blue. N-P-K ratio is 0.8-1.0-1.6. Final PPM is 1100 and Ph was adjusted up to 6.1. Again this week, I adjusted the Ph up slightly because its been dropping the last three weeks.

After changing the water, final reservoir numbers were: 1190 PPM and 5.5 Ph.

No flowers yet this week but the Kush stretched a ton, right into my lights. I raised the lights but don't have much farther to go. Drinking about a half gallon a day and PPM's have been rising slightly. Drinking more water than eating so my nutes might be slightly high but not gonna change for now. Everything is healthy and growing like crazy, in fact I'm hoping they stop stretching soon. Adjusted Ph up a couple times during the week.

MOST CURRENT STATS (*Lights On at 10pm)
Closet Temp: 66.2F Humidity: 60.0% Water Temp: 65.8F Water PH: 5.7 Water PPM: 1350

Sharky88

February 8th, 2015 - 11 Weeks, 4 Days from Seed

21 Days in Flower

Reservoir Change Today. Changed the mix a bit this week. Total PPM is close to the same at 1070 PPM which includes the usual 260 PPM CalMag (5ml/gal.) and 140 PPM Mg (Epsom Salts) so nute strength is at 670 PPM. Raised the P and K this week and will use this mix for the rest of flower until flush.

Current Reservoir has per gallon: 2ml Hydroguard, 5ml CalMag, 5ml Liquid Seaweed, 2ml VitaBlue, 6ml Micro, 8ml Bloom, 4ml Grow, 1ml Early Bloomer, and 4ml Liquid Blue. N-P-K ratio is 0.8-1.0-1.7. Final Adjusted Ph was 6.1.

After changing the water, final reservoir numbers were: 1020 PPM and 6.1 Ph.

Plenty of pictures for you below. I raised the lights as high as they would go this week. I took out the ratchets and just used some wire to hang the LED as high as it would go in the cabinet, about a 2" inch gap on top for ventilation. A couple of the tallest colas were growing right into the lights, they were using the light for support and were getting burned. I used the adhesive backed zip-tie holders and zip-tied the tallest colas to the sides of the cabinet. They have support and can now grow around the side of the light if needed. It's interesting the Critical Kush are the ones stretching, the Sativa strain is supposed to stretch more. I guess the Sativa is a couple weeks behind.

Lots of good bud sites forming. I lollipopped the bottoms of the plants and cleaned up the dead leaves this week. I've been folding down the fan leaves 1 time per day to expose the buds. Adding about a half gallon water every day, PPM's have been rising slightly but not much. Ph has been trending lower so I've added some Ph+ a few times this week.

MOST CURRENT STATS (*Lights On at 10pm)
Closet Temp: 67.5F Humidity: 60.0% Water Temp: 66.2F Water PH: 5.5 Water PPM: 1140

BELOW: Raised the light as high as it would go but the tallest buds are still pretty close.
Out_of_Room1.jpg

BELOW: BUDS!
Buds_Tall_.jpg

BELOW: More BUDS!
Buds_5.jpg

BELOW: More BUDS!
Buds_2_.jpg

BELOW: Full length closet shots. Lots of bud sites!
Full_Cabinet_Lights_Off.jpg

Full_Cabinet_Lights_On.jpg

BELOW: One last shot for this week.
Last13.jpg

Have a great week!

Sharky

Back
Top Bottom