4 RQS Strains - Coco Airpots - Scrog - GLR

Sorry for the poor pic quality will try my camera again, tried 2 phones and a camera and none seem to take a half decent picture.

At least I have 2 happy plants out of the 4 and the WW should be fine too, just no idea why the Kush is reacting like that. It has not really been healthy at all from the start and has looked sickly even when all the others thrived.

Wonder if coco is too wet for it, considering it's genetics come from very dry regions? The droop looks like overwatering but the crinkle leaves almost feet like brittle plastic and I have honestly never quite seen anything like it before.

I'm just going to take a punt right now, when I've had plants looking like that it has been either cal/mag deficiency, but could be a phosphorus issue to.
I'm abit rusty on the symptoms atm though, if you look on Google images or in the questions section here, there is a good chart that can help you out mate.

if you've used a foliar spray that can burn them like that sometimes, lights can give similar burns doesn't look like that though.

cannabis_leaf-deficiencies311.jpeg

Thought id bring the chart to you, going by this is say, phosphorus, mang possibly sulfur have a look at your leaves and this chart you may get it figured out I hope :)

Thanks for the chart, I am hoping it's a cal/mag deficiency because I have been supplementing the regular feeds with just water and cal/mag. As of today, she is looking a bit better and the skunk and the special queen are looking like they are in tip top shape.

2nd day of 12/12 and seriously seeing some explosive growth.

Even the runt's new growth looks slightly better although still seems like I will be nursing a sick plant all the way through. looks to me like bum genetics (couldn't be me haha) because the conditions are the same for all of them and she just looks like she has been dying since she was very young.

I have decided that i am probably going to cull the runt. Hate doing it and never done it before but I think 3 healthy plants will utilise the space better, it will make it easier to water which means I can hopefully put the screen up. The tent is looking quite beautiful. I will take 5 week old pics on Tuesday. Hope you all having a fantastic festive season.

Merry Xmas mate, hope your day was filled with joy!

Yeah I reckon you'll haave it sorted now I'm hoping and I was also thinking of suggesting to cull the sick one it could make the screen abit of difficult task.

Can't wait to see your pics aswell mate! :)

Sorry for late reply, got tied up in festive season silliness. I am using 6l airpots with a 75% coco 25% perlite mix. My skunk is showing the same signs of deficiency and I think it is a calmag deficiency which coco seems to be notorious for. Otherwise they are looking really healthy even the runt is improving and I am just giving them a decent dose but I may start adding a bit to every feed from now on.

Hope you having an amazing festive season and i will be uploading some pics soon

Allowed to celebrate mate haha
Alright that sounds good I may end up in something similar for the autos maybe a little bigger for SC.
Lucky I read up first before buying, both LED and COCO lack the cal/mag or chew through it easily so I bought some powder dolomite lime which should help by either putting it in the mix from the beginning or. In water later on will wait and see haha
Sounds good mate, excited to see those pics and the lovely ladies mate :thumb: :peace:

I realise that I should have put the screen up earlier but with a crowded tent and the stocky structure of the plants and lack of space it is going to make it really hard to water them. Honestly I am not quite sure what to do. The Skunk is stretching like crazy. Perhaps supercropping or tying them down might be the answer but I really have gone and done it now. Far too much plant and not enough room. I would really appreciate any ideas/feedback/suggestions.

Looking very nice mate, very crowded like you said now I can see the space but they should still go alright I'd reckon, especially using the hps :)
Just think of it as a learning curve is say, we as humans never stop learning.
So although things havnt worked as you would have liked, your plants are still healthy and you know when and how to prepare yourself next time around.
Maybe 2 plants or 4 with less vege time or something.
Either way you've done a fine job growing them and taking care of the ladies mate :thumb:
Do you have plenty of height to still work with?
You may be able to look up some of the trimming guides you may still have a chance to get rid of some lower and nuisance growth.
Can't wait to see them get on through flower :)

Thanks Sir Bud, it's been going great so I don't have too many complaints. FIM failed, scrog failed but plants are thriving and even the runt has perked up. It got to a point where it was too late to do much and i had this fascination to see how they would turn out just growing naturally. The WW in particular seems to have a great structure where the satellite branches are actually at the same level as the main top and the special queen is very bushy and is almost circular. The skunk is giving me the biggest headache, she looks like a sativa dom hybrid and is much higher than the others with no sign of relenting.

I still have one more week of stretch so this should be interesting as I don't have much vertical space left. I may need to train them a bit but hopefully there will be enough room. I am planning to do a considerable defol next week at the end of the stretch but i will definitely have to do some homework before I give them a haircut.

My biggest concern at the moment is humidity. It's sitting between 70-80% which is obviously very problematic especially in a crowded space. Also I have noticed that the Special queen is perspiring a lot which is adding to the problem. Any idea as to what would be causing this as the temperatures are definitely not high at the moment?

I have added some rock salt in a bowl and it has lowered it a tiny bit. I really could do with any DIY suggestions? I will also put the heating up a bit so hopefully that dries out the air a bit. You recon i could just fill the floor of the tent with rock salt and or rice?

I forgot about the runt, that's saying something cause from the pics its hard to tell it was a runt haha
I think we all get that natural urge in the beginning and there's nothing wrong with that, always a good thing to see, my mate had a naturally growing afghan special in a closet under a 400 hid setup by end of stretch it was touching the top of the roof and light haha but it was cool to see the natural pine tree like shape of it :)
I've always seen and heard great things about WW many bagseeds I've had I'm sure are half WW and have a great structure :thumb:
Yes next few weeks should be very interesting but just handle it as it comes I guess haha, yeah reading up is the best way to go, always be sure when in flower.
Humidity that will be a bitch, what's your fan setup like? As in intake and exhaust fans?
Could be abit of moisture rising from the coco I guess, also in house and outside humidity can play a role.
I like your rice idea there that could be something, I myself was like thinking hanging sponges around see if they soak anything out the air, I know you can put bread in jars when curing to add moisture to buds taking it outs abit different.
You can buy those dehumidifier things for cupboards and wardrobes I've seen people use aswell.
With how packed your tent is humidity is definately going to be something to sort out, mould is a pain. You will probably be better off having it dryer then perfect rather than perfect rh for your conditions. :)
Be careful with heater to warm moisture is a breeding ground for mould

Back
Top Bottom