From Seed to Smoke - RQS Critical & OG Kush - LED - DWC Scrog

I gotta say stealth I don't know what breeder your sour diesel seed came from but this reserve privada sour diesel is definitely top shelf
dried and barely cured and its awesome :thumb:

Stealth I have been reading through your grows and noticed that during your 3rd grow "I believe it was" you seemed to have varied from the technaflora recipe that comes with the closet. Your PPM was substantially lower than it would have been if following the recipe. At that point your grows seemed to really take off.

I was hoping you could share how you modified your nute feedings. I am the owner of a SuperCloset also and was hoping for advice.. YOU HAVE HAD SOME AWESOME GROWS!!! Reading your journals have really helped and thanks for sharing..

Stealth I have been reading through your grows and noticed that during your 3rd grow "I believe it was" you seemed to have varied from the technaflora recipe that comes with the closet. Your PPM was substantially lower than it would have been if following the recipe. At that point your grows seemed to really take off.

I was hoping you could share how you modified your nute feedings. I am the owner of a SuperCloset also and was hoping for advice.. YOU HAVE HAD SOME AWESOME GROWS!!! Reading your journals have really helped and thanks for sharing..

Hi ThinkDank.
Its my pleasure to help a fellow SuperCloset owner:high-five:, and really, the way I feed my plants should work for anyone growing in DWC. This is only what I do though, and I'm sure there are many out there who might disagree or do things differently, but to each their own.;)

I use General Hydroponics Nutrients Simple recipe now, not the BC grow, micro and bloom that came with the closets.
I only feed the plants 1/3 strength start to finish, I'm a big believer of "less is more" in DWC as far as feeding nutrients. I think that because the plants roots are literally suspended in the water&nutrient solution. Food is so readily available you can go light, the plants will take what they use from the reservoir water as they need it. The plants will let you know if your underfeeding them, and its much easier to feed a little more nutrients that to get Root burn and delay your whole grow.

I have a 15 gal. reservoir in my closet, so I use three 5 gal. jugs of water to refill it when its time to change the reservoir. I put full strength nutrient solution in one of the 5gal. jugs, and the other 2 are tap water (64 PPM). This is how I figure my 1/3 strength.
I put 1 plain water jug into the rez first, then the nutrient jug, and then the last water jug, I find this helps mix the nutrients with the water.
The PH of the reservoir after doing this is usually right between 5.8 and 6.0, which is perfect. I check the PPM and its usually right where I want it or a little low. Its very rare that I go higher than the PPM range that I want using my 1/3 strength rule. If the nutrients are low, I add grow and micro, or bloom and micro (depending on veg or flower cycle) in 10 ml increments each til I get the PPM's where I want them.

In Vegetative state I try to keep the PPM's between 250-500. Once I flip to flower I'll try to slowly raise the PPM's over the first few reservoir changes till I hit about 700 or 800 PPM, and that's where I've tried to keep the PPM's on all my grows. Other than my first Master Kush grow, I've never gone over 800 or 900 PPM.

The only item I use that is not on the recipe is CalMag or MagiCAL, or some form of Calcium and Magnesium supplement. I use the CalMag at 1/3 to 1/2 strength depending on whether I'm seeing Mag deficiency from the LED lights or not. The Sour Diesel is sucking up the CalMag. I also occasionally give the plants a dose of O2 35% Hydrogen Peroxide.

I hope this helps a little, If there's anything I missed, or any more questions you might have, feel free to post em and I'll get back to you ASAP.
Cheers man.;)

PS. Day 63 of the Mystery closet and Day 14 of the SourD update is uploading now. Should be posted shortly.

Damn stealth, you got some DEEP lungs! That first hit would've crushed me, flat out ruined my day! Can't wait till your harvests cuz I think that monstrous sativa is gonna really fill up and not leave much light for anything else.

Damn stealth, you got some DEEP lungs! That first hit would've crushed me, flat out ruined my day! Can't wait till your harvests cuz I think that monstrous sativa is gonna really fill up and not leave much light for anything else.

:bong: Thanks Sky.
One more week and the Chunk & Bubblelicious are gonna be harvested. The Sativa is already blocking all the light so I'm really looking forward to getting some space in that closet to spread out the sativa properly.
Thanks for stopping in man. Cheers.;)

looking good - looks like were all getting close to harvest!

Hi stealthgrow,

Congratulations on your past harvests! This current one is looking good as well!

I am a newbie and its my first time to grow. Been reading your journals and I just want to thank you for all the info & help you've been extending. You do not realize how helpful you've been to me (and I'm sure countless others!) and since it's my 1st time, I would like to seek your (and hopefully others too!) for your assistance because you are a great teacher.

Hope you don't mind asking you every now and then. I just posted in the current grow section under the title: My 1st Grow Ever - Incredible Bulk -Supercloset's Superstar

Hoping you can drop by.

Thanks again!

Hi stealthgrow,

Congratulations on your past harvests! This current one is looking good as well!

I am a newbie and its my first time to grow. Been reading your journals and I just want to thank you for all the info & help you've been extending. You do not realize how helpful you've been to me (and I'm sure countless others!) and since it's my 1st time, I would like to seek your (and hopefully others too!) for your assistance because you are a great teacher.

Hope you don't mind asking you every now and then. I just posted in the current grow section under the title: My 1st Grow Ever - Incredible Bulk -Supercloset's Superstar

Hoping you can drop by.

Thanks again!

I subscribed to your journal Tim. If you have any questions or concerns, ask away man. I'd be happy to help as much as possible.
Cheers.;)

Looking forward to Cheeba Charlie's newest!

Culligan must be making a killing delivering water to your house eh?

haha

:rofl:
rofl, No I just refill those jugs with tap water, and let it sit for a couple of days before I use it in the grow. (PPM around 70 or 80 from the tap) The only time I buy R/O water from Culligans is for the Flush.

fatty rips from cheeba charlie :) - always love your vids - your shit had me busting up laughing - someone must have been repacking for you - great entertainment - Love it -

Holy s*7t MOFO that mystery strain just wants more light lol - cant believe it just KEEPS shooting up there - Insane -

Nice harvest - 2 more weeks till my hindu skunk chop - i pushed it back an extra week :) - those babies just started their swell!!

have you thought about adding an HPS to your closet? I can not believe what wonders it has done - My left cab is awesome - the one with 4 plants in it - had 600watt hps from week one of flower and WOW!!

Nice! I got 4-5 5gal buckets with tap water (5-20ppm) at any given time waiting to be used. I only buy RO water for drinking and for cloning/seed germination. I dont use much for that, so i just take some from the RO water jug i have in my fridge (Which i buy from Thrifty Foods downstairs)

I contemplated buying an RO unit for my grow, but our local drinking water supply is so good, i have no use for it!

Back
Top Bottom