From Seed to Smoke - RQS Blue Mystic & OG Kush - DWC scrog

Hi everyone.:ciao:

Well, the final weight is in. The total weight for the OG Kush was 95.3g. (3.4 oz.)dry. Its all in CVaults curing.

Honestly, I'm not impressed, the buzz is nice but the yield is not. The White widow and the Blue Mystic were just as good of a smoke and produced much more. I'm growing another OG and we'll see how she goes but If the results are similar, I won't be growing this strain of OG Kush again.

I'm going to end this journal and start a new one for the new OG and the Criticals I have going.
Thanks to all for following.
Talk you you all soon, and stay medicated my friends.;)

Hey stealth, how long did you veg the OG for?

Hey bud, thanks again for documenting your experience with these superclosets, again I haven't found anything else as helpful.
I tried to Pm you but apparently need to post more.. Anyway

Couple questions for you tho...

Idk if you rmebr but I was telling you I had a rot problem, that's has gotten under control now but I had been having to completely empty the reservoirs and scrub them down completely as I was getting some brown build up on the sides or the reservoirs. I'm flowering next week and setting up trellis so I think my usually reservoir change routine needs adjustment. I think I remember reading thst you just pump out as much as possible and leave the rest. If you have time can you go into more detail or direct me to where you've posted more detail about your reservoir changes.. I don't remember seeing pictures of your root system.. Do you hàve any? How the t-5 veg going?? Thanks again for your insight stealth.. Stay medicated talk soon

Hey bud, thanks again for documenting your experience with these superclosets, again I haven't found anything else as helpful.

Idk if you rmebr but I was telling you I had a rot problem, that's has gotten under control now but I had been having to completely empty the reservoirs and scrub them down completely as I was getting some brown build up on the sides or the reservoirs. I'm flowering next week and setting up trellis so I think my usually reservoir change routine needs adjustment. I think I remember reading thst you just pump out as much as possible and leave the rest. If you have time can you go into more detail or direct me to where you've posted more detail about your reservoir changes.. I don't remember seeing pictures of your root system.. Do you hàve any? How the t-5 veg going?? Thanks again for your insight stealth.. Stay medicated talk soon

While waiting for a reply, I know he discussed all of this in his previous journal if you have the time to sift through it.

I tried to PM you as well but I have not reached the post count needed yet.
Anyway I was wondering where you purchased your seeds from? I don't want to break forum rules so if it was not a forum sponsor don't bother replying.
Also how does this grow compare to the MJ from LCP?

Hi Dank.

When I change the reservoir, I do it the same in veg or flower doesn't matter. I use the submersible pump in the reservoir to pump out as much water as possible into empty 5 gal water jugs. ( I prop the reservoir up a little, once its almost empty to get that extra little bit of water out).

When refilling I use three 5 gal water jugs to refill. I add my nutrients to 1 of the buckets and usually add it to the reservoir last so I'm not giving the plant super concentrate solution first. Once the water lvls are good I usually wait about 15 mins and smoke a joint before checking the PH and PPM numbers. Just to give the nutrients and water time to mix well and give an accurate reading.

That's pretty much it. The nutrients will leave that line of funk at the water line sometimes, but I never had any issues with it.

Here's the root mass from the 1 Blue Mystic plant a day after harvest when I was cleaning out the reservoir.

IMG_004046.JPG

I tried to PM you as well but I have not reached the post count needed yet.
Anyway I was wondering where you purchased your seeds from? I don't want to break forum rules so if it was not a forum sponsor don't bother replying.
Also how does this grow compare to the MJ from LCP?

Hi OldnTired
I ordered my seeds from Royal Queen Seeds ? Buy Feminized Cannabis Seeds and Autoflowering Seeds Online, I found them to be good and they have a decent selection of strains.

I always prefer my homegrown medicine over anything purchased from a dispensary or a commercial provider like they have now. Mainly for the cost, why pay 8.66 a gram including tax, when I can grow for a fraction of that cost, and the quality is just as good if not better.

hey stealth I am back! New closet is in and grow log started. any help is always appreciated!! :)

First LED Grow Ever

encore encore lol (*crowds screaming*) We want more we want more lol :)

Hi Dank.

When I change the reservoir, I do it the same in veg or flower doesn't matter. I use the submersible pump in the reservoir to pump out as much water as possible into empty 5 gal water jugs. ( I prop the reservoir up a little, once its almost empty to get that extra little bit of water out).

When refilling I use three 5 gal water jugs to refill. I add my nutrients to 1 of the buckets and usually add it to the reservoir last so I'm not giving the plant super concentrate solution first. Once the water lvls are good I usually wait about 15 mins and smoke a joint before checking the PH and PPM numbers. Just to give the nutrients and water time to mix well and give an accurate reading.

That's pretty much it. The nutrients will leave that line of funk at the water line sometimes, but I never had any issues with it.

Here's the root mass from the 1 Blue Mystic plant a day after harvest when I was cleaning out the reservoir.

IMG_004046.JPG

Hi OldnTired
I ordered my seeds from Royal Queen Seeds ? Buy Feminized Cannabis Seeds and Autoflowering Seeds Online, I found them to be good and they have a decent selection of strains.

I always prefer my homegrown medicine over anything purchased from a dispensary or a commercial provider like they have now. Mainly for the cost, why pay 8.66 a gram including tax, when I can grow for a fraction of that cost, and the quality is just as good if not better.

thanks stealth!! Once again you've come thru. I was a concerned because my roots were not shiny white like a lot of readings suggest they should be. But now Im a little more at ease. Thanks again

How long till next run Stealth buddy! :)

encore encore lol (*crowds screaming*) We want more we want more lol :)

Hi guys,
I've actually got both closets running right now, The large closet with a single OG Kush, and the smaller closet with two Critical's. Was gonna wait til I'm ready to flip the lights to 12/12 before I started another journal. Probably a couple more weeks. One of the Critical has hit the screen, I'm just training it a little on the net waiting for the second plant to catch up.
The OG is gonna veg for another month or so, so I can get the rotations down a little better. New Vegging section is all setup, just gotta get some coco and solo cups to start out some new seedlings. I wanna try and grow some Sour Diesel from RQS, and some Chunk bagseeds I have.

thanks stealth!! Once again you've come thru. I was a concerned because my roots were not shiny white like a lot of readings suggest they should be. But now Im a little more at ease. Thanks again

No worries Dank.;)
Roots don't have to be white, as long as they aren't a dark brown your good. The plant will tell you if there is a problem. The roots are the first thing effected by nutrient burn, then the leaves start to brown etc..
Try to keep you reservoir water temps around 70-75F and don't over feed, and you should be alright. Good luck.;)

Subbed. Can't wait to see how this plays out!

Back
Top Bottom