RQS Blue Mystic LED Superponic Grow - From Seed to Smoke

Your harvest will surely be very bountiful. I see your PPMs are high and just past week 5. When will you begin to dial it back down towards flush? Do you have a generalized plan or just playing it by sight?

Hi Sky, next feeding on Sunday Im going down to 1/2 strength for 2 feedings, then 1/4, then finally just RO water untill they are done I think. I'm not using any flushing agents, and gonna go to 65-70 days which was recommended by RQS

Newbie here...what are you using to calc ppm? Your grow looks AWESOME!!

Hi Nockestona, thanks for the compliments man. ;) To answer your question, I have a nutrient monitor that constantly gives readings, but you can also use a PPM testing pen, same thing you just have to dip it in the water to get reading and they only cost 10-20$ tops

This is my monitor, the wires at bottom lead to sensors inside the reservoir.

IMG_184611.JPG

Thanks for the quick reply and pic...another question: how often do you have to re-calibrate? I have an ec meter but am looking at something that will give me more info (i.e. the example you posted)

Thanks for the quick reply and pic...another question: how often do you have to re-calibrate? I have an ec meter but am looking at something that will give me more info (i.e. the example you posted)

It came calibrated from the factory, I checked when I installed it in the closet, and it was spot on. Just to be sure about 2 weeks ago (after 2 and a half months of use) I checked the calibration again and it was still reading perfectly. If you buy one like mine it usually comes with calibration liquid, and instructions on how to calibrate. Its pretty easy.
Good luck. ;)

At the moment I have one of the pen style PPM meters that SG referred to a few posts back. I'm guessing (like my pH pen) that due to being moved and having a calibration "screw", it is more susceptible to movement and vibrations and requires more frequent monitoring of accuracy. If you're gonna run a hydro, and can afford it, I'd suggest something like what SG is using as you set it and forget it. Being permanently mounted to something and constantly monitoring a solution will further ensure the device maintains calibration for longer periods.

Hi everyone, hope your all doing well.
Time for another update, today is day 42 since flip to 12/12. The plants are doing amazing, if I do say so myself. They are drinking water and nutes by the gallon. I changed the reservoir today and added new nutrients but only at half strength. One more feeding at 1/4 strength next week, then RO water until they are done. Another 21-25 days I think, Happy Halloween!! I'll take treats please :)

Today's Stats.
PPM= 852
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 72F
Water Temp=65F
RH= 62% and dropping cause I cranked up the dehumidifier again.

My Ladies...

IMG_21188.JPG

IMG_21207.JPG

IMG_21216.JPG

IMG_21227.JPG

IMG_21239.JPG

IMG_212411.JPG

IMG_21255.JPG

IMG_212710.JPG

IMG_21287.JPG

IMG_21308.JPG

IMG_212912.JPG

That's it for another update, next one will be Thursday when I go to change reservoir in my other closet. Comments and questions are welcome as always. Stay medicated my friends. ;)

The environment looks to be truly perfect. pH, PPM, RH, water temps, all dialed in nicely. +REPs for the great grow!

Just copied from FrostMJbudEC's journal where Scarfinger posted it. Just for my own reference...Harvest is coming soon you know. ;)

Drying and Curing Schedule, courtesy MSquared

by
SurfBuddy

This is the schedule I'll be using for curing courtesy of Msquared. The only difference is that I have these 62% humidipaks that I will throw in after they get close to 65% or so in the jar for 6-8 hours.:

open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidity
1. seal’em up for 12hrs
2. open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
3. seal’em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading - I take notes at the beginning and then again at the end.
4. open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
5. seal’em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

Hi everyone, Time for another quick update.
Today is day 45 since flip to 12/12, and the plants are doing awesome. They are really starting to put on some weight and getting furry. There wasn't much work that had to be done tonight, I just topped up the water levels, cause these girls are thirsty. about 3 gallons in 4 days.

This being day 45 of flower, and thinking about Bassman's and Scarfinger's journals I decided to do a very light Defol again of just this closet. I didn't take too much this time, just the top fan leaves that were really making a lot of shade below, and had stems an inch and a half or longer.
I'm not to worried If it slows the plants down a week or so cause I'm gonna be busy on the other closet with harvest, trimming, curing, and then cleaning/disinfecting the closet and reservoir for the next round. Whew, getting tired just thinking about it.
Anyway, stats and pics....
Today's Stats.
Day 45 since flip to 12/12
PPM= 827
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 75F
Water Temp= 64.3F
RH= 46%

The ladies...

IMG_21555.JPG

IMG_21917.JPG

IMG_21897.JPG

Getting a huge hash tip on this closet now, when you look really close up its just a bunch of hairs and trichombs.

IMG_21867.JPG

IMG_21629.JPG

IMG_21607.JPG

IMG_21619.JPG

IMG_216412.JPG

IMG_216510.JPG

IMG_21938.JPG

IMG_21948.JPG

After light Defoliation.

IMG_21975.JPG

IMG_22007.JPG

IMG_21966.JPG

IMG_21986.JPG

That's it for another update, It was a long one and I went a little nuts with the pics this time, but they are just looking so nice and I'm soo close to harvest, sorry. :)
Questions and comments are always welcome, hope you have good weekend and If you live in Canada, Happy Thanksgiving. I'm thankful its a long weekend.;)
Next update on Monday, until then stay medicated my friends.

Super nice SG. Girls are how far from harvest ?

Curious as to your LED light, what is the coverage area ?

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Neighbors to the North :party:

Great grow SG, looking stellar for sure. Are you still making that CO2?

Super nice SG. Girls are how far from harvest ?

Curious as to your LED light, what is the coverage area ?

Happy Thanksgiving to all my Neighbors to the North :party:

Hi Dyold, the girls are at day 45 of flower and I'm planning to harvest on day 70, so still a little over 3 weeks before harvest, just enough time to really swell up and develop those crystals.
I'm not sure of the exact specs on the LED, it came with the closet so I didn't really have to research the light much. The Closet is 3 feet wide by 2 feet deep, so the light is good for at least a 3x3 area, I would probably say its good for up to 4 x 4 area and that's it.

If your interested in a new LED light you might want to check out the Mars II from TopLED, they are a site sponsor and there are a few test journals around with this light. Click on link..180x5w - $532.00 : TOPLEDGROWLIGH, Solutions Limited,.

Big Irish Doodle(BID) has a nice journal with great results so far with this light.

Great grow SG, looking stellar for sure. Are you still making that CO2?

Thanks Sky for the kind words, I'm still running the CO2 but last bottle is almost done, gonna do a DIY CO2 next round, much cheaper. Those bottles work great, but cost almost 40$ each + shipping. It adds up quickly.

Back
Top Bottom