Tent Seed Grow - Blue Mysteries

Re: Tent Seed Grow: 'Blue Mysteries'

You are right endive - that veg room is booming with growth. Crazy how much growth those little Northern Lights seedlings have had over a 5 day period.

Looking nice and healthy all the way around. Glad you got your heat issues worked out without too many issues. :thumb:

You are right endive - that veg room is booming with growth. Crazy how much growth those little Northern Lights seedlings have had over a 5 day period.

Looking nice and healthy all the way around. Glad you got your heat issues worked out without too many issues. :thumb:

Howdy!

After a few weeks of what seemed like negative growth, it is a welcome change.

Sometimes it's the little things that make you think, regarding HPS & heat, My girlfriend suggested switching the direction of airflow through the cooltube. At the time air was being pulled in from the socket/bulb side, across the tube and out the ducting on the other side of the tent. On a whim I switched it and was stunned that I did notice about a 3ºF drop, on average.

She explained the physics of the how & why, I smiled and nodded my head.
:hmmmm:

Scenes from the gardens

The Bloom-Room

Now that the Blackberry is harvested, dried and curing, the new occupants fill the reflective void with hope for the near future.
DSC04380-blm-rm.jpg

The Bloom-Room: (L to R) Jock #2 @ day 36 bloom, Blue Mystery #2 & various cuttings, Jock #1 @ day 15 bloom

Both Jocks are at week 12 from seed. Jock #1 is picking up the pace, Jock #2 is just beautiful.
DSC043840-JK1dy15bl.jpg

Jock Horror #1, Day 15 of bloom

DSC04382-JK2dy36bl.jpg

Jock Horror #2, Day 36 of Bloom, 4 more weeks to go!

The Veg-Tent

The current run of cuttings, seedlings & autoflower blooms...
DSC04379-6-27-11.jpg

Blue Mystery #1 Auto (left), Northern Light Auto #3 (front & center), NLA 1 & 2 (red & blue hempies), Blue Mystery #3 (far right).

I am a man of simple pleasures, so this mystery autoflower has me amazed. Never having done an auto I don't know what to expect. Fairly weird looking though, she only has little, thin single & triple finger leaves on, or near her budlets (they are too tiny to call buds). She is a fast grower, let's hope it fills in as well as she shot up.
DSC04375-blmd15-fs43.jpg

Day 15 of bloom, day 35 from seed.

Meanwhile NLA #1's roots have hit the hempy reservoir, as overnight it seemed, new growth is popping up everywhere. NLA #2 looks to be a bit darker & stockier, both have declared female at week 4 into 5, about a week behind where BMA #1 surprised us by flowering.
DSC04378-nla1-2_dy36.jpg

NLA #1 - Red, NLA #2 - Blue

Endive I give it up to ya brother, your ladies are looking healthy and happy! :high-five: Good luck on your autoflower, I have a feeling she'll fill in for ya. Maybe one day I'll get my hands on a few of those Autoflowers, I wanna try them out.

:welldone:

Legislation to End Federal Marijuana Prohibtion

​The first bill ever introduced in Congress to end federal marijuana prohibition is coming on Thursday, June 23. Historic, bipartisan legislation which would end the United States' war on marijuana -- and allow states to legalize, tax regulate and control cannabis commerce without federal interference -- will be introduced by Rep. Barney Frank (D-Mass.) and Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas).

Co-sponsors of the bill include Rep. John Conyers (D-Mich.), Rep. Steve Cohen (D-Tenn.), Rep. Jared Polis (D-Colo.), and Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.)

The legislation would limit the federal government's role in marijuana enforcement to cross-border or interstate smuggling, allowing people to legally grow, use or sell marijuana in states where it is legal....

You can write to your Representatives by using this handy form; just enter your state and zip code, and mention that you support the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml

Please call or email your person in Congress to support this Bill!!!!!!!!!

I'm just passing along this info I found..

Word up! Get involved or get out of the way! I've not received a response yet on the Ending Federal Marijuana Prohibition Act of 2011, but here is one I got today.
Reply-from-Congress-D-Wu.png

We should all make it a point to regularly contact (but without being a nuisance) our political officials and let them know how we feel on issues that affect us.

Jock (Horror) shots to kill the time...

Thought I'd toss up some gratuitous bud shots from day 42 of boomin' bloomin'!

DSC04417-JHA2-preflush.jpg

A quick salt flush & fresh topsoil replacement, as we head in into the final few weeks.

DSC04422-JHA2-flush.jpg

Freshly flushed & re-soiled, a birds eye view.

DSC04425-JHA2-purtp.jpg

Jock #2 has developed some "personality" in week 5, but only certain tips and leaf edges.

DSC04421-JHA2-tip.jpg

Jock Horror is a very beautiful strain.

DSC04418cla.jpg

This pic was on sunday, since then, protruding knuckle sized clusters of hairs & calyxes, from the cola have begun to develop.

Meanwhile Jock #1 is at day 21 of blooming (very different from her sibling).

:peace: I'll have pics of Jock #1 and the rest up soon! :peace:

Oh! Before I forget (and they're all gone)... Med report: Nirvana Blackberry

These are from a week or two ago, both blackberry plants were cut, trimmed and in jars and they felt ready to weigh

I knew it would be the lightest grow thus far, but we did meet our goal of besting 3oz.

Blackberry #1
DSC04272-BB1-plate.jpg

First up, Blackberry #1

DSC04271-BB1-1p8.jpg

1.8 oz...

Blackberry #2
DSC04270-BB2-plate.jpg

Next is Blackberry #2

DSC04266-BB2-1p41.jpg

Less than plant #1, but by far the best in taste and effect.

The Med report

The early fluff stuff left me unimpressed regarding smoothness & taste, but that is to be expected. The effects though were quite nice.

As we begin to tap into the primo pieces, I find that surprisingly BB#2 is smoother, tastier and noticeably more potent. It offers what I call a "beenie" effect rather than a "headband" effect, you feel it instantly, you also begin to smile more liberally, whatever you're sitting on becomes more comfortable, or you instinctively will seek out a comfortable spot to chill for about 15 minutes, after that initial 15, you're back up & good to go for a while!

BB #1 has an awesome "uppy high" that you feel throughout your body. A good anti-depressant effect, for the lack of a better term. So far though, still not as good as BB#2, but is less of an initial head-kicker and more of a sneak attacker. People who usually do smaller doses can easily consume a few hits too many before it really kicks in. Once she loosens her initial grip, you feel quite "aware" but not paranoid, making it easy to focus on what ever you're doing, but time may fly from you.

:bong:

Congrats on the Blackberry harvest and making your 3z goal. I like those "sneak attackers". They're fun. Some of my favorites sneak attack. :)

Those are some beautiful looking buds on the Jock Horror's. You are right on the money with that.

Interesting about changing directions on the cool tube. The new air-cooled reflectors I bought, to my surprise actually, suggest pulling the air first over the mogul socket side, with the air flow moving from the socket to the tip of the bulb (I think that's how you had it before?). Anyway, I wouldn't have guessed it would make much difference. Good to know - glad you shared that!

Great stuff as always Endive. :high-five:

Thank you Xlr8

Indeed, it's not the most potent I've had, but it is among the stoniest, if that makes any sense at all.

Jock #2 is coming along with some concern. With at least 3 weeks to go, I've discovered a few male "bananas" on a few of the tips, plucking them before they dry. On one branch tip (well, one that I can see anyway) I did not succeed, as I found 2 fat seeds in development. Seeding appears nowhere else (that I can see), nor on any other plants.

Interesting about changing directions on the cool tube. The new air-cooled reflectors I bought, to my surprise actually, suggest pulling the air first over the mogul socket side, with the air flow moving from the socket to the tip of the bulb (I think that's how you had it before?). Anyway, I wouldn't have guessed it would make much difference. Good to know - glad you shared that!

I can wrack my brain for hours on theory, physics, real world applications...
I have a phobia of spending so much time plotting & planning, only to choose the least efficient method.

One thing I do note, is the glass on the incoming air side of the the tube is cool to the touch and begins to warm just prior to the middle, and is of course very hot directly under the bulb. In the previous flow direction the tube was still hot on the bulb side, but quite warm through out the rest of the tube & ducting.

As I sit here typing this, I began to theorize the reason for recommended "mogul side" air intake, is to keep the components at the base of the bulb as well as the wiring & socket cooler. The minor temperature drop may come at the price component longevity.

Ack, my brain is hurting. No more thinking, I'll post some pics of JH #1 now...
:peace:

Thank you Xlr8

Indeed, it's not the most potent I've had, but it is among the stoniest, if that makes any sense at all.

Jock #2 is coming along with some concern. With at least 3 weeks to go, I've discovered a few male "bananas" on a few of the tips, plucking them before they dry. On one branch tip (well, one that I can see anyway) I did not succeed, as I found 2 fat seeds in development. Seeding appears nowhere else (that I can see), nor on any other plants.

I can wrack my brain for hours on theory, physics, real world applications...
I have a phobia of spending so much time plotting & planning, only to choose the least efficient method.

One thing I do note, is the glass on the incoming air side of the the tube is cool to the touch and begins to warm just prior to the middle, and is of course very hot directly under the bulb. In the previous flow direction the tube was still hot on the bulb side, but quite warm through out the rest of the tube & ducting.

As I sit here typing this, I began to theorize the reason for recommended "mogul side" air intake, is to keep the components at the base of the bulb as well as the wiring & socket cooler. The minor temperature drop may come at the price component longevity.

Ack, my brain is hurting. No more thinking, I'll post some pics of JH #1 now...
:peace:

Great theory on the why of the direction! I'll bet you're exactly right. If I have any more temp issues, I will try reversing it like you did.

Bummer about the seeds/pollen. Happen to me last grow and I had some immature seeds in one of my plants. BUT, was some of the best, most potent smoke I've had though, so not too big of a deal.

Meet Jock Horror #1

Jock Horror, Plant #1: Day 26 in bloom, Week 13 from seed...

Other than a couple intense pruning sessions with her, she's been trouble free. Though she is somewhat smaller than #1, she does require more waterings and will tolerate higher nutrients levels when feeding.

DSC04516-JHA1-hi.jpg

Thick, dense, and intense, quite the opposite of Jock #2

DSC04518-JHA1biv.jpg

Birds eye view - Had I known she wouldn't stretch, I would have run fewer tops on her.

DSC04520-JHA1-d24b.jpg

Even with as many tops as she has, they are all quite thick.

DSC04523cnt-cola.jpg

Thick I say, though they may have been thicker under the LEDs.

DSC04526-JHA1-sdtop.jpg

Inner top

DSC04525-d24bl-top.jpg

Outer top​

She's been stripped of under growth till about half way up the main stalk, but if you have any thoughts as to continued leaf pruning on her, I'm open to suggestions!
:yummy:

Those girls look sweet for only being 26 days in flower! Great job my friend..

I think you did the right thing on the pruning and trimming. From the looks of it you could take away a couple big fan leaves and more light would get to her under buds. It helps alot and doesn't affect the plant that much. Personally I'm a fan of a good and healthy trimming in between the 3rd and 4th week of flowering. That means trimming all the buds sites under a spot on the stalk and most of the bigger fan leaves that prevent light the the buds lower on the stalk.

:bravo:

Blue Mystery #1: Day 26 of bloom, week 7 from seed.

A quick peak at the Veg-Tent...

DSC04538-BMO1.jpg

DSC04537-BMO1.jpg

DSC04541-crowd.png

Hard to tell from the angle of the shot, but she's about 18" and has a near 28" spread, I am amazed that she is still growing upward. Bud sites are profuse, though small. They are very resiny, with trichomes coating the stems between the buds. Her aroma is that of intense berry & cat spray. Yes, you read that correctly.

The plants to the left, are two Northern Light Autos, at far back is the original #1 (six weeks now), and the near is #3, barely 26 days old and already begining to stretch & bloom. NLA #2 has been moved elsewhere as I have strong suspicion it may be a hermaphrodite.

On the far right, in back is Blue Mystery #3, and the 2 Blackberry mothers towards the front.

We're still at 18/6 lighting, under a Pro-Grow 260 LED Panel. I had thought about using a 20/4, but growth is tough enough to keep up with as is.

More to come!

Those girls look sweet for only being 26 days in flower! Great job my friend..

I think you did the right thing on the pruning and trimming. From the looks of it you could take away a couple big fan leaves and more light would get to her under buds. It helps alot and doesn't affect the plant that much. Personally I'm a fan of a good and healthy trimming in between the 3rd and 4th week of flowering. That means trimming all the buds sites under a spot on the stalk and most of the bigger fan leaves that prevent light the the buds lower on the stalk.

:bravo:

Thank you!

Sound advice! I'm pruning leaves daily. As I see ones blocking out light to lower bud sites, if I can't tuck it, I pluck it. It's not easy to do, though I know it hurts me more than them.
:yummy:

Sure wish I'd caught this journal sooner, but looks like you're doing a great job my friend! I'd like to get your thoughts on that UFO sometime, whenever you have a minute...

Howdy Quixilvir,

Thank you for the kind words!

Originally I started out with two, decent 90w UFOs. They were good for a plant and a half each (I grew out 3 plants) with supplemental CFL lighting, about 120w worth, but their form & size was a limiting factor.

Now at my 4th grow, I have increased the grow space and have also stepped up the lighting to a panel type LED, the Pro-Grow 260. I'll drop you a PM with details.

I've come to appreciate my LEDs so much, I have both old UFOs & when it's not rooting cuttings, the Pro-Grow 180 as well, in with my 600w HPS. I tend to think trichome production excels noticeably under LED, versus HPS.

Glad you could join us!

Howdy Quixilvir,

Thank you for the kind words!

Originally I started out with two, decent 90w UFOs. They were good for a plant and a half each (I grew out 3 plants) with supplemental CFL lighting, about 120w worth, but their form & size was a limiting factor.

Now at my 4th grow, I have increased the grow space and have also stepped up the lighting to a panel type LED, the Pro-Grow 260. I'll drop you a PM with details.

I've come to appreciate my LEDs so much, I have both old UFOs & when it's not rooting cuttings, the Pro-Grow 180 as well, in with my 600w HPS. I tend to think trichome production excels noticeably under LED, versus HPS.

Glad you could join us!

Thank you kindly Endive! I recently bought a 90w UFO, but wasnt impressed with the footprint, or the reputability of the product, as I couldnt seem to match what I had to the pictures on the manufacturer's website; I promptly returned it. Just wondering if I should have tried it out. I went with a 150w hps, and CFL supplimental, but I'm still trying to get other's opinions regarding their use of low wattage leds during flower....
Thanks again, I'll be seeing ya!:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom