Tent Seed Grow - Blue Mysteries

Cograt's on completing your first soil grow, Endive!

Once again, I'm in absolute awe of the beauty of the buds you're producing! :adore:

Very well done, my friend! :high-five:

This is one absolutely awesome photo...

DSC050051.jpg

...and even more awesome are the buds. WHOAH! What a great harvest, I can't believe that's your first soil grow. I think soil suited you juuuuuust fine. Nice job Endive! :high-five:

This is one absolutely awesome photo...

DSC050051.jpg

...and even more awesome are the buds. WHOAH! What a great harvest, I can't believe that's your first soil grow. I think soil suited you juuuuuust fine. Nice job Endive! :high-five:

Thank you Xlr8 for the copmpliment, having seen your results it means a great deal!

I should give the credit to Fox Farms then (Happy Frog). Soil was far easier than I expected, (don't know why I thought otherwise). I did soilless vermiculite/perlite (passive hydro), then a Bubble/DWC/ponics type set up... But I gotta say, I'm down with the dirt! It could be coincidence, but this is the best smelling & tasting plant I've grown yet.

I just switched up to dry mix nutes (organic but not OMRI cert), to see if I can cut out having to do all those nutrient mixes for different plants in different stages.
J5012-Rainbow_Mix-bloom-group_2195_enl.jpg

Anyone familiar with Earth Juice Rainbow Mixes?

Dude, All I do when I see the pic of the Jock plant is smile, laugh and then tear up a bit since mine is all gone....and then I remember, I have one more bean!!!

After seeing this, I'm even more excited to pop her. I think I'm going to have to go big with her though...maybe a 6 week 2 topping veg in 7 gallon pot? Take a few cuttings...make a mum....so on and so forth.

Thanks for sharing endive...and keep up the killer work!

peace and more harvests....

Endive,
I am submitting my P-chunk as a Plant of the Month entry, but if you enter that beauty I will have to vote for you out of shear awe and respect. Well done!

:welldone:

Thank you Sir, and right back at you! P-chunk is in a class all to herself! :high-five:

Dude, All I do when I see the pic of the Jock plant is smile, laugh and then tear up a bit since mine is all gone....and then I remember, I have one more bean!!!

After seeing this, I'm even more excited to pop her. I think I'm going to have to go big with her though...maybe a 6 week 2 topping veg in 7 gallon pot? Take a few cuttings...make a mum....so on and so forth.

Thanks for sharing endive...and keep up the killer work!

peace and more harvests....

Hey! Glad you dropped in! I hear you though, I did do early cuttings, but gave them all away. Now I'm hoping to re-veg the last few remaining bud sites on her and try from there.

Meanwhile, Under the Pro-Grow 260...

Meet Northern Light Autoflower #3

NLA #3 sprouted & took off without a hitch, unlike #'s 1 & 2. At week 3 from seed, she began to declare and the following week was in full bloom.

Unlike her siblings who are compact & tight plants, #3 is a big (would be well over 3ft tall, but LSTd), lanky/stretchy long branching with thick clusters of pistils at the ends of her branches.

IMG_0012-NLAsPG260.jpg

Day 27 of bloom

IMG_0019-NLA3d27bl-wk7fs.jpg

Day 27 of bloom​

Somewhere between Day 28 & 30 of blooming, lots of purple showed up with a gang of trichomes (Thank you Trichome fairy!). 3 days ago, a few select leaves began purpling, today all the tops main sun-leaves are streaking red/purple.

Note of interest, temperature wise, I'm averaging 78ºF days, and 70ºF lights off, so the coloration is not temperature instigated. Phosphate levels should be fine, so no deficiencies/overages should be altering her chlorophyll, I guess she's just a pretty plant!

IMG_0099nla3-w4bl-7fs.jpg

Day 30 of bloom, Week 7 from seed.

IMG_0096-NLA3-w4bl-7fs.jpg

Day 30 of bloom, Week 7 from seed.

IMG_0106-NLA3w4bl-7fs.jpg

Day 30 of bloom, Week 7 from seed.​

I'm now interested to see how/if she fills in. :Namaste:

Some of the other garden characters...

Hey Everyone,

Here is a quick look around the gardens...

Blue Mystic Offspring #2(Under HPS)
One of our in-house bred seeds, phenotype is very similar to her parent(s), with exception to smell. Rather than fruity/skunky, her scent is very piney with dark,sweet notes. This is a poor pic, it does not do her justice.
IMG_0119-BMO2-d35bl-w10fs.jpg

Blue Mystic Offspring #2, Day 35 of 12/12 flowering​

Northern Light Autoflower #1 (Under LED)
She's beginning to yellow up a little, did a small flush & switched to an organic dry mix. Beyond that all is good with another 3 to 5 weeks remaining on the bloom clock.
DSC05169-nla1-w4.jpg

Northern Light Autoflower #1, Week 4 Bloom.

DSC05170-nla1-w4bl.jpg

DSC05168-NLA1-w4bl.jpg

Jock #1 LED
IMG_0113-LED-jock1-wk4bl.jpg

My LED experiment, day 30 bloom... a clone of Jock #1, but bloomed under LED.
It's stickier & more colorful than HPS Jock #1...

But then again, it's all relative.

Anyone familiar with Earth Juice Rainbow Mixes?

Yep! Worked for me but I like to tinker a little more with my mixes so just kept on with my Age Old and EJ liquids and such. Rainbow Mix in the mix? . I didnt see any difference in the size or end product of one of my 3D's. Week 6 they used it all up and had to do nute mixes anyway, burnt a few tips in the beginning at the recommended level.

Yep! Worked for me but I like to tinker a little more with my mixes so just kept on with my Age Old and EJ liquids and such. Rainbow Mix in the mix? . I didnt see any difference in the size or end product of one of my 3D's. Week 6 they used it all up and had to do nute mixes anyway, burnt a few tips in the beginning at the recommended level.

I went against all logical judgment, and threw all my eggs into one basket ad did all of my plants with fresh topsoil and various blended ratios of Bloom & Grow.

A couple plants, within the first 4 weeks of bloom, have taken very well to it.
IMG_0151-BMO3-d32bl.jpg

Blue Mystic Offspring #2 Week 4 flowering & Loving the new Nutes!​

My Northern Light Auto #1 was already a little fried, I was worried it would be pushed over the edge, but so far no (additional) burning.

Say "Goodnight" Blue Mystery #1

Our Blue Mystic Offspring Auto is at day 53 of flowering. All the trichomes on her leaves are a deep red-amber. Her trichome crusted calyxes show about 30% amber, so we gave her one last watering on Wednedsay, and yesterday evening she went dark (& cool about 58ºF) for the next 3 days or so.

These are some of the shittiest pics I've taken yet. I've misplaced my Sony and I'm forced to go camera phone for a bit. About the only thing these shots do justice, is the sparkling trichomes.

IMG_0139-BMO1d53-w11.jpg

IMG_0137-BMO1d53-w11.jpg

IMG_0135-BMO1-d53bl-wk11.jpg

The buds are mall, the largest just bigger than a Bic lighter, but there are quite a few of them, some are thick & dense, others look like an Indica version of Dr. Grinspoon.

She reeks of a pungent and acrid fruit. I eagerly await her Indica dominance.

Looking QUITE fine there Endive! Wishing you a happy harvest!

P.s.
Is it just me, or does NL have a REALLY high leaf to flower ratio?
I'm on my second run with NL #1, and boy, are they ever a pita to trim!

Looking QUITE fine there Endive! Wishing you a happy harvest!

P.s.
Is it just me, or does NL have a REALLY high leaf to flower ratio?
I'm on my second run with NL #1, and boy, are they ever a pita to trim!

Thank you much!

I have 2 NL auto phenos that are a bit shaggy, not as leafy as the Blackberry was though. Then there is my tall NL auto, it has a high stem to bud ratio...

Though to be fair, it is a bit too early to tell, as they still have 3 to 5 weeks to go.

A blast from the past...

I was at a friends this weekend, she reminded me of when I given her a few nuggets that I had grown almost a year ago. She pulled out a little mason jar from a box. There, before me, were the last remaining Bubblelicious nuggets from grow #1, harvested in fall of 2010!!!

Nuggets from both plants, S2 & S3 were there. They smoked so smooth, much of their early sweetness and aromas had given way to that spicy almost sandalwood-like aroma that only long-aged buds have, yet each one held up to their original effects, aptly named "Dark Matter" a good pain reliever/devastator and "Euphoria" within a minute of a bowl of her, I get goosebumps and a rush of well-being.

:circle-of-love:

By the time only a few pieces remained, I thought to snap a shot for posterity.
IMG_0164-bubblelicious.jpg

Bubblelicious 2010 is now officially extinct​

FYI - I'm no douche, I secretly replaced the emptiness in her jar with some Jock Horror (and if some of it is still there in a year, well that is just a bonus!)

If anyone hasn't checked out the thread "X Marks the Spot - XLR8's Big Bang Auto Hydro Grow 2011", I recommend you do, it's awesome!

For those that are familiar with xlr8's Big Bang, you know I post pics of my autoflower with much humility. I'd have to grow my auto-girl about 5 times to equal what was harvested of his ONE autoflower plant. :bravo:

Nonetheless, My quirky and accidential auto is what she is...
No plant of the month contestant, nor is she even a contender for bud of the month, but she is prime and ready for harvest... and all mine! (insert evil laugh here)

DSC05173-BMO1-d56w12H.jpg

Blue Mystic Offspring #1, the only one to auto so far. 3 week veg, 8 week bloom.

Looking on the positive... Being that the stability of her genetic traits are questionable at best. It did show the "autoflower" trait successfully as she flowered at 18/6 lighting and the plant also demonstrated some of the "Blue Mystic" classic traits with gnarly amounts of trichomes on leaves, buds and stems.

DSC05180-BMO1-d56w12bic.jpg

11 weeks from seed to harvest. But how much harvest, remains to be seen...

It is now obvious that keeping the LEDs closer than 14″ from the tops (it would vary form day to day)was too close. BMO#1 was just over 2′ tall, I was concerned the plant's lower buds would not get enough light, so I kept the LED grow light within a "one foot" average of the top of the plant. The tops ended up spindly and the very tips bleached out, however, I now notice that the mid to low (even the lowest) buds were nice & dense and on average, the largest.

If I'd had kept the height in check better, and went wider -vs- taller, I'd have had a better harvest. I was unprepared for how well it grew under the Pro-Grow 260 as it budded, and there was a point I thought it would never stop growing upward.

DSC05187-BMO1-d56wamber.jpg

When you don't need a magnifier to see the amber trichomes, it's ready to harvest.

I could have easily cut a week and a half off of harvest time and chopped over a week ago, but I wanted to let her trichomes bet beyond milky and get a majority of ambers on the leaves, and a mix on the calyxes themselves.

DSC05186-BMO1-d56w12pan.jpg

Some buds are nice & dense, some thin & spindly. All are well coated in aromatic, viscous trichomes

DSC05192-BMO1-d56w12ngs.jpg

One final close-up... If nothing else, they are sticky and smell amazing.

DSC05194-BMO1-d56w12tnt.jpg

Hang em' high! Temp, airflow & humidity in the bloom tent is perfect for the first 2 days of air drying.

I have not a clue what the total weight will be after drying & a final manucure. If we get 1oz, I will be very satisfied, though if I did make a guess, I'd say we'll be closer to 3/4 of an ounce. Time will tell.

And like every grow, I learned something new!

:peace:

Beautiful harvest Endive. That looks fantastic! Great job, and thank you for pointing out parts of the grow that you could have done better, i.e. the light heigth....Thats the mark of a true craftsman. And a classy move too. I know a lot of people say they like to help, but doing what you do helps people like me learn a whole lot more! At any rate, you've done a great job, and we're better growers for it. Cheers!:high-five:

-Q

Endive, great work and interesting notes on the light distance effecting your top buds. My 180w LED is rated at 8"-14" above the canopy and, on this grow, I've been trying to minimize the distance hoping to get more light to the bottom buds and increase overall bud density. I'll be sure to keep an eye to make sure the lights aren't too close.

Do you think they may have been to close to get a good "mix" of spectrums?

I wouldn't think the lights being too close would cause the colas to be "spindly", but I don't know for sure. I would guess the light being closer would help avoid some stretching, and I can certainly see it causing some burning/bleaching, just not sure why it would cause vertical growth.

Regardless of the yield, you don't need to be an expert to recognize the quality of those buds, AGAIN! :welldone:

Beautiful harvest Endive. That looks fantastic! Great job, and thank you for pointing out parts of the grow that you could have done better, i.e. the light heigth....Thats the mark of a true craftsman. And a classy move too. I know a lot of people say they like to help, but doing what you do helps people like me learn a whole lot more! At any rate, you've done a great job, and we're better growers for it. Cheers!:high-five:

-Q

Thank you! I consider that a compliment in the highest order, especially when its from respected peers.

I've gathered bits of knowledge from old pro growers to newbies. Everyone has a different angle or view on things, and I try not to be too set in my ways or beliefs, as occasionally:), I am wrong and pride will prevent me from seeing the truth. Life is about reading between the lines, without getting lost in the story.

Back
Top Bottom