Tent Seed Grow - Blue Mysteries

Thank you kindly Endive! I recently bought a 90w UFO, but wasnt impressed with the footprint, or the reputability of the product, as I couldnt seem to match what I had to the pictures on the manufacturer's website; I promptly returned it. Just wondering if I should have tried it out. I went with a 150w hps, and CFL supplimental, but I'm still trying to get other's opinions regarding their use of low wattage leds during flower....
Thanks again, I'll be seeing ya!:Namaste:

If it had a "xx day" return policy, I probably would have tried it out, but it is usually best to go with your gut instincts!

Though there are a model or two of 90w UFOs that will produce on par with a small HPS, I think you'll get better results with the 150w HPS over a single UFO. If it were 2 UFOs vs the 150w, that would be a different story.

I have found that supplementing HPS with LED, can have some amazing results. I firmly believe that blooming with even a moderate spectra LED, plants appear to have more and larger trichomes than HPS. But again, that is IMHO, nothing too scientific beyond what I observe.

e.

Scenes from a Veg-Tent
DSC04935-upshot260.jpg

An early morning up-shot of BMO #1 auto.

DSC04923-7-19-11.jpg

A standing peak into the tent... The usual suspects, Northern Light Autos, BLue Mystics, Blackberry all looking for trouble.

DSC04928-BMO1-d37b-wk6.jpg

Blue Mystic Offspring #1 Autoflower, Day 37 bloom. Week 6 from seed.

DSC04927-BMO1-d37b-wk6.jpg

BMO #1 Close up. Still putting on mass, all trichomes are clear.

Endive, I just got done reading your journal. Great very job an all your plants they all look very healthy. I'm subbed for the rest in for the rest if you don't mind a new guy hanging out. I have a Blue Mystic seed that I want to run next.

Endive, I just got done reading your journal. Great very job an all your plants they all look very healthy. I'm subbed for the rest in for the rest if you don't mind a new guy hanging out. I have a Blue Mystic seed that I want to run next.

Welcome HMG!!!

Thank you kindly, I wouldn't be where I'm at without everyones input. Please pull up a chair, and join us.

BMs are great plants. Very forgiving & very rewarding. :yummy:

Did a week 8 trim-up, removing leaves and all the lower branches & nuggets.
There wasn't too much popcorn on these Jock Horror plants, down low the buffing stayed tight, just smaller.

This nugget was from the trim-up on Sunday. Even quick dried overnight, it is amazing! Best I've grown yet in terms of taste, and it's oh so uplifting... I do not see her going past week 10. I had quick flushed her roots sunday as well.
DSC04942JHA2-nug.jpg

A two bowl sample nug of Jock Horror #2

Did a week 8 trim-up, removing leaves and all the lower branches & nuggets.
There wasn't too much popcorn on these Jock Horror plants, down low the buffing stayed tight, just smaller.

This nugget was from the trim-up on Sunday. Even quick dried overnight, it is amazing! Best I've grown yet in terms of taste, and it's oh so uplifting... I do not see her going past week 10. I had quick flushed her roots sunday as well.
DSC04942JHA2-nug.jpg

A two bowl sample nug of Jock Horror #2

OK...You definately got me drooling again! :bravo:

Congrat's on producing some great, high-quality meds. I've been a strong admirer of your previous journals, and you already had the bar set pretty high, so if this is the best so far, it's got to be phenomenal! :welldone:

You should be proud, my friend! You done good! :high-five:

Hey, thank you guys! :high-five:

I've been pretty fortunate in the garden department. I still won't know if my current cycle of perpetuation will sustain myself (& others). In terms of garnering an average yield per month, that may take another 45 - 90 days to begin to determine.

Pests have been at bay. Other than an occasional gnat, we've been spared so far.

I'm running a veg & a bloom tent, but need to expand the veg area, as the lighting in there is being far too under utilized and I could double the double space. I'm hoping this week to set up a veg area, rather than a tent.

The current Veg-Tent

Our Blue Mystery Autoflower isn't the best candidate for any bud of the month contest, as her background & breeding are questionable at best. Though her buds are small, they are in a constant state of bloom & growth, bloom & growth. They are densely covered in trichomes and their smell is nothing short of AMAZING!
DSC04953-BMO1wk6-d40fs-.jpg

Blue Mystic Autoflower (BMO #1) - Day 40 bloom, week 10 from seed

DSC04950BMO1-wk6bl.jpg

The light penetration is great, as there is evidence of dense budding even down low on the branches. I love it when the stems get covered in trichomes too.

DSC04955-BMO1wk6bl.jpg

Autoflowers under LEDs - Day 40 budding under LED grow lighting at 18 on/6 off.

Meanwhile the Northern Light Autoflowers begin to bloom...

I am amazed that NLA #1 is as robust as she is. She was stunted for the first 4 or 5 weeks, only an inch or so tall, and barely 2 sets of leaves. She revived after being transplanted and other than the size difference, which I attribute more to genetics, is blooming right along with NLA #3, who is just over a month old.
DSC04944-NLA1-wk2blm.jpg

Northern Light Auto #1 (NLA #1) at week 2 bloom. Though only about 12" - 14" tall (was LST'd), she's a good 20 inches wide and blooming like mad.

DSC04945-NLA3-wk2bl.jpg

NLA #3, at 40 days old, began flowering around week 3. She was well over 2ft tall when I had to wire her down. She is very "stretchy" compared to NLA #1.

I often find myself at a point of being over inundated with the all the duties of trying to build a prime garden. Yet in a strange sense of irony, beyond taking care of the basics (airflow/temp/humidity, lights, nutrients/pH, water), it seems the plants I muck with the least tend to really surprise me.

Be well everyone! :peace:

Oh, I almost forgot...

After performing a series of tests with Jock Horror #2 on myself and a few brave volunteers, I think it is safe to say we can chop the Jock (#2) at any time... This weekend sounds good.
DSC04957-jock2-wk8bl.jpg

Innocent sweet sativa tastes & aromas give way to thick, oily indica character on the expand. Immediate effects on exhale have been described as feeling like "a hug" followed by an uplifting sense of well being.​

Oh why didn't I keep a cutting of her...

Speachless, so just giving you more likes & reps while mopping up more of my drool!

You know Mr. Krip, looking around at your's and other journals, it is amazing to see what I can only assume are some of the best meds in the world being grown at our own hands. No corporations, no industries, It's a beautiful thing.

Think about it, no monies going to cartels, no tax dollars wasted on bullshit FDA testing & approval processes. No money going into the hands of criminals (with exception to the taxes we pay). I shop locally as much as possible and also online, so with the money that goes into my garden I am stimulating my local and national economy.

It makes one wonder, are we to be faulted because our choice in medication not only eases pains & symptoms, but it makes me feel good (prozac proved we can't have people feeling good for no reason, that would be silly)? Or, is because the plant is free and it cannot be controlled, therefore the powers that be must control the people?

WOAH...
Sorry, don't know where that rant came from...

Back to the point, I just add the food & water and they grow to be what they grow to be. But I do like to think I helped.

You know Mr. Krip, looking around at your's and other journals, it is amazing to see what I can only assume are some of the best meds in the world being grown at our own hands. No corporations, no industries, It's a beautiful thing.

Think about it, no monies going to cartels, no tax dollars wasted on bullshit FDA testing & approval processes. No money going into the hands of criminals (with exception to the taxes we pay). I shop locally as much as possible and also online, so with the money that goes into my garden I am stimulating my local and national economy.

It makes one wonder, are we to be faulted because our choice in medication not only eases pains & symptoms, but it makes me feel good (prozac proved we can't have people feeling good for no reason, that would be silly)? Or, is because the plant is free and it cannot be controlled, therefore the powers that be must control the people?

WOAH...

Back to the point, I just add the food & water and they grow to be what they grow to be. But I do like to think I helped.

:amen:, Brother!

WOAH...
shitstorm.gif

I'm with you Endive, and I agree with Mr. Krip. :amen:

It's all about the money. Big pharma doesn't get a take, and they're not wanting intrusion on their territory. Outdated "morals" and misinformation keep people acting like sheep.

What we're doing is a beautiful thing in my opinion. Nice rant! :high-five:

Just watched a great show on National Geographic channel about the effects of MMJ and it was prettry informative. It made some good arguments against big pharma. Also that there are almost zero negative side effects of MMJ as compared to major prescription drugs. Also the is going to be a new reality show about the Dispensary in Oakland this fall, I think on the Discovery channel.

Just watched a great show on National Geographic channel about the effects of MMJ and it was prettry informative. It made some good arguments against big pharma. Also that there are almost zero negative side effects of MMJ as compared to major prescription drugs. Also the is going to be a new reality show about the Dispensary in Oakland this fall, I think on the Discovery channel.

Argh! I've been wanting to see that. I don't get theNatGeo channel, but i've seen the documentary listed on the program guide. I've switched to it many times, only to be reminded I don't subscribe to it... Netflix here I come!

From the bloom tent...

Jock Horror #2 Harvested. Week 9 bloom.

Most of the cola's trichomes were at a blend of mostly milky with a few remaining clear and a few transitioning to amber. Seeing as how the forced dried sample buds from earlier in the week were as good or better than any I've grown before, I assumed it a good time to cut. I was tempted to let her go another week to see if she'd bring out any more color... obviously not tempted enough.

DSC050051.jpg

The small outer leaves that grow tight against the buds provide a contrast of purplish shades & colors.
The calyxes remain green with exception to a few smaller, lower bud tips.

DSC05001.jpg

Some tops showed little color change at all.

DSC05003.jpg

Most cola tops were thick, some has tapering spear-tipped ends

DSC05009.jpg

Some tops remained rounded & blunt

DSC05016.jpg

The gnarly, fox-tailed top that seemed like it would bud forever if I let it go

DSC050203.jpg

Though not the main top, it was one of the largest by far.

DSC05028.jpg

Sorry for the lack of pics from this point on... Hands became too sticky to mess with the camera.

Nearly everything was put to hangers, I gave out a few branches to a friend who helped, and we forced dried (paper bag in a hot car) about 1/3 of the loose smaller buds, that amounted to 9 grams of crispy, but sweet medical goodness.

1st soil grow - Done! :peace:

Back
Top Bottom