Jock Horror Autos That Did Not Auto

Re: Jock Horror Autos that didn't Auto

@LEDBud, well , i sure had that shit backasswards ....... i have been harvesting way too early (although) they have given me good and stony buds they could be much better .... my yields are low..... thanks for that info !!!!! so i guess by harvest time all the pistils are brown? my trich's are all clear. ...... wait for leaves to turn like autumn ......i feel like an ass....... thank you so much led........back to beginner status.

Don't feel bad its a VERY common misconception that gets passed around. I was told the same as you were by someone years ago. I found out it was wrong threw trial and error.

Moral of the story is we learn as we go and improve yearly.

`````````````````

All brown pistles is not a issue , in fact my plants currently have none to very few white hairs left , they have all aged and darkened.

Also a few of the Buds have *just* started to throw the white pistle flowers on top of the Bud.

Which is a sign that they are *starting* to get mature.
I will post a photo of the bud's little white flower heads in a few days when its more pronounced.

I seriously do not believe I will ever stop learning information & techniques on growing and training Cannabis.
I still learn daily with New tips/techniques that I read about.

keep learning keep growing keep learning ..etc. . etc.

i know it is a constant learning process my friend. but this was a big rookie mistake ........... thanks again for the info !!!!

happy turkey day !!!!! i have some gorilla glue a friend gave me for after the feast !!!!! the GG is bad ass w/ a nice cerebral high . makes you active :)..................................

A change of plans happened ...

I came across a damaged Bud that I snipped off , scissored up and air dried before Vaporizing some in the Silver Surfer Vape :hookah:
It was a nasty little 1.5 gr Bud.

Smooth as all get out of here with a high just as smooth and pleasant. I am liking it ;)

For a Sativa Dominate plant its a mellow high , not a hyper high.
Might be because I have been waiting to harvest or could be its hybrid heritage.

it still had some clear trichomes , After I smoked some I took some microscope close ups , forgot to save them closed the program and lost them..Yup I got high :drool:

happy turkey day man! that sounds like some interesting herb. cant wait to see how the plant tastes with a proper cure

Merry Thanksgiving Guys !

We had Thanksgiving last Month.

In Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving on the 2nd Monday in October.

I will post some Photo's today. The Bud flowers are growing , the Buds are swelling and starting to get uglier
now as Ripeness approaches.

They have just finished week 7 in flower mode.

Time to test more of that Bud. :hookah:

ha ha i knew you couldn't hold out lol lol...... just like me :) that little early bud i picked off got me stoned.... did a quick dry leaving it on the boiler........... she was frosty ....... CANADA !!!!!! ...... led, just so i am clear , i will wait until the "FAN" leaves turn yellow as in the end of a plants life... the suger leaves should be green .....i am at the beginning of week 6 flower ..... as far as i can see my trichs are all clear .. when can i expect the turning of the trichromes ? (time frame?) i have magnifying glasses but think i should get a jeweler's loop, what size would you recommend ? cheers mate !!:volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley::volcano-smiley:

Some plants resist turning yellow and shedding their leaves but many plants leaves turn a light yellow color and drop off. Much like the Maple trees ;)

I would try to wait for the leaves to yellow before cutting it down but if the buds swell up and have a nasty looking elongated flower top on top of the Bud they would be ready enough to take even if they had clear trichomes.

With that in mind

Wait for the Buds to show you their done. You could look at trichomes any time after the nasty bud flower elongates.
The buds generally stop growing at that point , well after the swell.

I recommend you get one of the $20 USB microscope from eBay.

The one I bought is apparently 800x resolution I recommend that strength.
The photos were taken with it zoomed to around 700x

They are cheap and give you a perfect view for examining the trichomes.

if you do not want to buy a USB microscope buy something with the higher magnification over the smaller one.

The more power the better !

yes most cannabis will turn yellow/purple/red and shed leaves but not all so best to go with multiple signs, like taking much longer between watering, yellowing leaves, 25% amber trichs or 100% changed pistils. and more than anything youll find that perfect spot for you. everyone seems to have a prefrance and sweet spot they like to pull there plants at

I had one plant that didn't yellow and drop leaves or more so I gave up on it after 3 months in Bud. It was a Sativa loaded with 18" colas that never did get too many crystals or brown pistles.
I was happy to have it out of my life.

My current plants leaves are starting to yellow although just beginning it should increase over this next week.
They are barely drinking lately I have been feeding them every 2nd day rather then daily.

Only a few Buds had developed the flower top on top but the swell has begun , with a few starting to get the chunky look.

The calyxes will swell up and look bloated. Once they are bloated the bud becomes hard.
They often get a hand grenade type textured surface from its swollen calyxes.

My suggestion is to wait for the swell if your not sure on its maturity.

Then again if you need early bud you need early bud..

I snipped a couple bottom branches off one of the plants , it was no big sacrifice as each branch was about 10 inches long and combined had about 2 grams worth of bud. Mini branches with mini buds , amazing they were green being that they were buried below in the dark their entire life.

I guess I could say I did some lollipoping to get things in control , I'll save that excuse for later this week , its a friggen good one

I am sensing some impending maintenance.. ;)

hey led. i think i am starting to notice what you call "swollen" / "a few Buds had developed the flower top on top but the swell has begun , with a few starting to get the chunky look." on skinny i have about an 18 inch cola and on bushy a 12" cola that is so thick , about as round as a soda can !!! trich;s still clear/cloudy ............ some mid bud photo northern light haze #5
b7ad35e6-e1fc-41fb-94f6-5da3ae03734b.jpg
day 40

Fucking Hey , nice to hear !!

Soda can sized buds is Success at its best , good on you !

Looking frosty !

```````````````````````````````````

My plants have some Buds that are as big around as .....wait for it............broom sticks , LOL

Others are about 3 fingers thick... and have started to look presentable.

The broom stick Buds are sad looking , nice to see them begin to swell !

I will post Photos today

"I snipped a couple bottom branches off one of the plants , it was no big sacrifice as each branch was about 10 inches long and combined had about 2 grams worth of bud. Mini branches with mini buds , amazing they were green being that they were buried below in the dark their entire life" as did I .......... same thing on the skinny plant ................ gonna dry properly and cure.

I am liking the bottom scrag bud .. glad I left all the small stuff down below , its turning into a great pre harvest bud supply.

I nipped the rest of the very bottom scrag from the right plant and took a bit from the left plants very bottom scrag and have about a 1/8 Oz scissored up and air drying , again.

The stuff is vaporizing well , lots of crystals on it despite being bottom bottom bud.

These Buds are chocked full of crystals much more then the photos can denote.

First up for your entertainment is a photo of a broom stick Bud I previously mentioned.
It has a flower top on it , but the Buds growth continues and the flower top diminishes.

7_5_weeks_flower_mode_004.JPG

Could be two more weeks before their done , no sign of the real end yet
The leaves are *just* starting to yellow.

You can see the Calyxes bunch on top of the bud to the left , this will erupt into a white flower top at some point
this week.
7_5_weeks_flower_mode_005.JPG

Some random shots

7_5_weeks_flower_mode_002.JPG

7_5_weeks_flower_mode_019.JPG

7_5_weeks_flower_mode_009.JPG

7_5_weeks_flower_mode_007.JPG

7_5_weeks_flower_mode_020.JPG

7_5_weeks_flower_mode_025.JPG

7_5_weeks_flower_mode_024.JPG

Looking good , still lots of life left in them ,your hairy Girlz are going to get huge !

nlh#5xssh skinny's 18" cola
cola45.jpg
bushy's fat fist size cola
cola311.jpg
the northern lights
cola119.jpg

haha they arent too bad man. probably just the strian or something lol after all didnt they start off being auto's?

hey ledbud, how are you ? my skinny plant seems to keep growing even though it is only a 1/8" to 1/4" per day ... of these 2 nlh#5 X ssh this skinny plant has always seemed about a week behind even though they were planted at the same time(until its crazy stretch ,,,,, it is frosty but pistils still 95% white and trichs still white .... any thoughts ?
pic303.jpg

the other photo is the top of the soda can bud that now looks like a hand grenade, pistils 50-60% brown , trichs still milky
pic0305.jpg

Back
Top Bottom