Tent Seed Grow - Blue Mysteries

Endive, great work and interesting notes on the light distance effecting your top buds. My 180w LED is rated at 8"-14" above the canopy and, on this grow, I've been trying to minimize the distance hoping to get more light to the bottom buds and increase overall bud density. I'll be sure to keep an eye to make sure the lights aren't too close.

Do you think they may have been to close to get a good "mix" of spectrums?

I wouldn't think the lights being too close would cause the colas to be "spindly", but I don't know for sure. I would guess the light being closer would help avoid some stretching, and I can certainly see it causing some burning/bleaching, just not sure why it would cause vertical growth.

Regardless of the yield, you don't need to be an expert to recognize the quality of those buds, AGAIN! :welldone:

I had previously been running the Pro-Grow 180, but since stepping up to the 260, both lights look so similar it can be misleading how much more "intense" it is, as side by side, the visual "brightness" to the eye though noticeable, doesn't appear to be that much of a difference.

One thing I do notice on the 260 is the blending of the spectrums is much better than the 180, as I can hold my hand about 3" out from it and not see the individual red/blue "lens spots" of light, it provides a very homogenized glow. But then again, that is just what my eye sees, how the plants read it may be another.

I also agree on the thinking that being too close wouldn't, or shouldn't cause the stretching, but as all my mid to lower buds formed best, I have to question it. Autoflower traits are pretty wild, I theorized that perhaps the (possible) excessive light may have caused stimulated growth, normal for a photoperiod plant in which its extended life cycle would allow it to fill in. For this particular autoflower however, it had just put all its resources in maximizing its size & flowering potential and could not compensate to fill in the late stimulated stem growth.

But really, it is all about the journey, isn't it? Destinations aren't always what they are cracked up to be, and once you're there that's kind of it... Enjoy the ride!

:high-five:

Great post E. ^^^
Sorry if I missed it in a previous post, but what are your plans now? Are you going to do another run? I'd love to follow a new grow if you're doing one....

Thanks, Please do! I'll post up if I do another journal for sure.

Well, technically since I've still got 2 Blue Mystic Offspring in bloom, one at 6 weeks (BMO #2), the other starting it's first week (BMO #3), I'll just keep this Journal going .

I've gone to a perpetual grow cycle, I suppose I should start anew with a fresh journal... But I kind of like it here.:)

Current Cultivators
Bloom Room: Jock Horror #1 (Harvest this weekend?), BMO #2, BMO# 3, 2x Jock cuttings (about 2 - 4 weeks left).

Veg Tent: 2 Northern Light Autos (week 6 blooming), multiple cuttings, 2 large Blackberry and 2 small blackberry.

Wet Seeds:
2x "The Unknown Seeds":
UNS #1 - Was found sitting on the ground all by its lonesome. It is a rather large seed, no markings of any kind.

UNS #2 was saved from a lighter & bowl by an observant lady who spied the seed & saved it for me. She said the bowl was epically good, but no idea as to the strain.

1x "White Widow" - My first, hopefully it's as good as they say.

I've been slacking on the pics lately, this too shall pass.

Well, I'll be....

One nice thing about small buds, they dry fast! :)

Time to trim, weigh and jar up Blue Mystic Offspring #1, the Auto.

IMG_0194-BMO1-trim.jpg

Few leaves made for fast manicuring!

IMG_0190-BMO1-spindl.jpg

A few of the tips were kind of lanky, but there were more than enough trichomes to make it worth keeping.

IMG_0212-BMO1-snowstorm.jpg

Her buds are small, but they are surprisingly plentiful and very sticky.

IMG_0195BMO1-48g.jpg

I had guestimated 3/4 oz or 21 grams. 48g!!! Fortunately I was a bit off.

DSC05308BMO1-1dot69.jpg

:yahoo:

IMG_0207-BMO1-cu1.jpg

Gratuitous close up shots...

Prior to the trim & weigh, I was getting pretty disappointed. I'd hoped for the 1oz mark, and with many of the buds shrinking quite a bit while drying, it wasn't looking good.

Needless to say I was pleasantly shocked, when all those little buds totaled up to 48 grams. Overall I'd call 1.5oz in less than 90 days from seed, grown in the 18/6 Veg-Tent, a worth while venture.

Lesson learned:

#1) Choose optimism, you still may be wrong in the end, but you'll feel better about things along the way.

#2) Slow down a bit & observe what the plant(s) is telling you. Don't assume every discolored leaf = add more nutrients. If you observe, really observe, you will have a far easier time troubleshooting any ailments along the way.

:peace: e.

Thanks, Please do! I'll post up if I do another journal for sure.

Well, technically since I've still got 2 Blue Mystic Offspring in bloom, one at 6 weeks (BMO #2), the other starting it's first week (BMO #3), I'll just keep this Journal going .

I've gone to a perpetual grow cycle, I suppose I should start anew with a fresh journal... But I kind of like it here.:)

Current Cultivators
Bloom Room: Jock Horror #1 (Harvest this weekend?), BMO #2, BMO# 3, 2x Jock cuttings (about 2 - 4 weeks left).

Veg Tent: 2 Northern Light Autos (week 6 blooming), multiple cuttings, 2 large Blackberry and 2 small blackberry.

Wet Seeds:
2x "The Unknown Seeds":
UNS #1 - Was found sitting on the ground all by its lonesome. It is a rather large seed, no markings of any kind.

UNS #2 was saved from a lighter & bowl by an observant lady who spied the seed & saved it for me. She said the bowl was epically good, but no idea as to the strain.

1x "White Widow" - My first, hopefully it's as good as they say.

I've been slacking on the pics lately, this too shall pass.

AH'em.....Yeah, I knew that....
Sorry Endive I'm a little embarrased. I totally forgot this was a perp. grow. I just saw harvest pics and ASSumed that was it!
Trust me when I say, I'll be paying better attention from now on, as I find your posts intelectually stimulating, informative and entertaining!:nicethread: Yeah I know that sounded like a plug lol.

Congrats on the harvest, Endive.

Glad it was a bit bigger than you'd thought. Some really good looking super sticky buds you got from her too! :yummy:

Also, thank you for all the kudos and link on my Big Bang Auto. That really was a pretty special plant for an auto, but I think it's genetics as much as anything. Either way, thank you for the kind words my friend! :high-five:

Congrats on the harvest, Endive.

Glad it was a bit bigger than you'd thought. Some really good looking super sticky buds you got from her too! :yummy:

Also, thank you for all the kudos and link on my Big Bang Auto. That really was a pretty special plant for an auto, but I think it's genetics as much as anything. Either way, thank you for the kind words my friend! :high-five:

It would be a shame for more people not to see that journal. :high-five:

I hope to have the luxury of escaping here over the coming weeks. Updates, replies may be sporadic at best. I do have things to post, just not the time or focus... I will do a full update soon.

May this tide us over till then.

DSC05344-JH1-day61bl.jpg

Jock #1 - Harvested yesterday (8/14) at week 10, day 61 of flowering.

DSC05324-jars.jpg

Burping for the cure... Top - Jock #2, Bottom - Blue Mystic Auto

:yummy: Really curious about what you think of Jock Horror. I've been wanting to try a good Jack Herer, and I've heard that Nirvana's Jock Horror is a pretty good variation.

:yummy: Really curious about what you think of Jock Horror. I've been wanting to try a good Jack Herer, and I've heard that Nirvana's Jock Horror is a pretty good variation.

Trying to describe it in "Smilies"
:yummy::morenutes::rollit::passitleft::rofl::drool::circle-of-love:

I've only popped 2 seeds of 5 (JH1 & JH2), both phenotypes are amazing.

Jock #2 (Sativa Dom), the first harvested (week 9 good mix of milky and clear, with a few amber trichomes), can make even the most seasoned aficionado ask for mercy. Hits the head very hard, then slowly you feel the body settle back & chill, but not really one for sleeping. Sweet & deceptively smooth, very powerful.

Jock #1 (Heavy Indica growth characteristics), was just cut this past sunday (late week 10, 60/40 mix of milky to amber trichomes. I quick dried a few pieces, the aroma is citrusy the taste is light & sweet, then BAM! It's relaxation time... Dried & cured properly, she may prove I've turned the corner in being able to farm "über-sweet" meds.

I've had Sensi's 'Jack Herer' on several occasions. While my first 'Jock' isn't as sweet as some of the 'Jacks' I've had (probably more due to grower skill), I'd take the Pepsi Challenge against them any day. The Emperor would be honored either way!

Trying to describe it in "Smilies"
:yummy::morenutes::rollit::passitleft::rofl::drool::circle-of-love:

I've only popped 2 seeds of 5 (JH1 & JH2), both phenotypes are amazing.

Jock #2 (Sativa Dom), the first harvested (week 9 good mix of milky and clear, with a few amber trichomes), can make even the most seasoned aficionado ask for mercy. Hits the head very hard, then slowly you feel the body settle back & chill, but not really one for sleeping. Sweet & deceptively smooth, very powerful.

Jock #1 (Heavy Indica growth characteristics), was just cut this past sunday (late week 10, 60/40 mix of milky to amber trichomes. I quick dried a few pieces, the aroma is citrusy the taste is light & sweet, then BAM! It's relaxation time... Dried & cured properly, she may prove I've turned the corner in being able to farm "über-sweet" meds.

I've had Sensi's 'Jack Herer' on several occasions. While my first 'Jock' isn't as sweet as some of the 'Jacks' I've had (probably more due to grower skill), I'd take the Pepsi Challenge against them any day. The Emperor would be honored either way!

Wow! I'm soooooooo turned on right now! :yummy:

Wow! I'm soooooooo turned on right now! :yummy:

Hahahahahaha! You just made me lol out loud!

Here's the happy ending... (Can I say that?)

DSC05333-JH1-bush.jpg

Look at my bush! (Insert your own pillow talk here)

DSC05335-JH1pod.jpg

Ooooh! Damn, it's big!

DSC05339-JH1ripe.jpg

...and hairy too

DSC05342-JH1-pan.jpg

She is oh, so ready!

DSC05347-JH1nug2.jpg

No comment

:yahoo:

Nice bro, very nice! :yummy:

Nice bro, very nice! :yummy:

:thanks:

Thank you, it would have been far more challenging without some of the trails already being blazed by yourself and others, y'all know who you are!

It may not take a village to grow some meds, but a little help from the "community" is always appreciated!

Week 6 of bloom, week 9 from seed...

Northern Light Autoflower #1

DSC05371-VEG-tent.jpg

The Northern Light Autos are blooming along nicely, while seedlings & cuttings veg under 18/6 lighting

DSC05349-NLA1-wk6bl.jpg

Into week six of autoflowering, Northern Light Auto #1 is looking good!

DSC05351-NLA1-wk6bl.jpg

Northern Light Autoflower week 6 of flowering under LED grow lights

DSC05353-NLA1-wk6bl.jpg

Small, compact with lots of trichomes, her colas are fattening up!

DSC05354-NLA1-wk6bl.jpg

Heading into the final stretch, she's beginning to pull some colors.​

Northern Light Autoflower #3

DSC05355-NLA3-wk6bl.jpg

A tall plant, with better planning & LST I could have improved the quality of the bud sites.

DSC05360-NLA3-wk6bl.jpg

Autoflowering under the Pro-Grow 260 has produced some colorful buds

DSC05356-NLA3-wk6bl.jpg

Gorgeous buds with trichome coated purple and green calyxes at week 6 of Auto-flowering

Back
Top Bottom