RQS Blue Mystic LED Superponic Grow - From Seed to Smoke

Looking good man! +reps my friend

Thanks for the reps and encouragement. :thanks:

I'm really really late.. but I read it all and man you are really good!!
good luck!

Thanks for taking the time to read the whole journal, Thanks for the compliments also but I can't take all the credit, the closet is a magic box, you put in seeds, water and nutrients, a little TLC and Voila!! Beautiful nugs come out in bout 3 months.;)

Very nice update as always! I think the cropped cola will be just fine. I saw one of the High Brix guys do the same exact thing, and it turned out just fine. +reps my friend :)

Thanks again for the reps Rain, and thanks for the tips, the cropping and opening up the plant is really helping.

I think you are underestimating your abilities... anyways forget the grow the journal is well organized and awesome!

Thanks again Kiki, I'm trying. ;)
Haven't seen the plants since Sunday, time to go check up on them tonight, and reservoir changes for my other grow. New update with pics tonight.

Hi everyone, hope your all well, and thanks to all for the kind words and encouragement, it means a lot.
Time for another quick update, today is day 31 since flipped to 12/12 and the ladies and doing freakin' amazing if I do say so myself.
With a little over a month to grow still, I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the buds in this closet are gonna get HUGE!! ;)
Nothing major tonight. just topped up the water lvls and balance the PH back to 5.8 (it was at 5.6).
I'll let the pics speak for themselves.

Today's Stats
Day 31 since flip to 12/12
PPM= 1110
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 72F
Water Temp= 66F
RH= 53%

The Ladies.
IMG_197310.JPG

IMG_197813.JPG

IMG_19698.JPG

IMG_19687.JPG

IMG_19706.JPG

IMG_19748.JPG

IMG_197513.JPG

IMG_197716.JPG

IMG_197915.JPG

It's hard to see all the bud sites in the pics , but they are everywhere.:)

IMG_198011.JPG

IMG_198112.JPG

Finally, here is a pic of the top cola bud that was touching the lights last week you can see the burn tips but nothing major at all. I think it foxtailed a little too.;)

IMG_198312.JPG

IMG_198414.JPG

That's is for another update, next update in bout 3 days when I got change out the reservoir on this grow. As always any questions or comments are welcome, hope you all enjoyed the pics, I took a ton tonight cause I'm super medicated.;) Anyway...till next time, stay medicated my friends.

:rollit:

plants look great, ive hit you up with some reps for the res info, im not 100% sure that grow method im going to go with but i know dwc and hydro seem to grow twice as quick compared to soil grown plants, strain hunters have got a few side by side videos on the net with soil vs hydro and their hydro plants end up 4 or 5 times the size of the soil grown plants over the same time period, but their soil grown plants dont grow as quick as mine as i know mine get bigger than theirs over the same grow period but still nothing compared to their hydro grows,

Thanks guys for the reps.:thanks:
I would recommend DWC for sure DP, just buy or build a nice setup. It does seem to grow faster than soil from what I've seen of other grows here on the 420 site. I really enjoy the precise measurements to control Nutrient PPM and PH in Hydro, but i'm a bit of a control freak. lol
Thanks again.

you can certainly push the plants a lot more in a dwc as well, i only do 2ltr dwc's but i know the plants can handle more nutes and i know they grow quicker than soil grown plants, so you have a better control over dwc and can push the plants a bit harder, with soil it takes a while for problems to show up and when they do show up the plants have been suffering for a while, then when you try to correct the problem you know its only going to get worse before it starts to get better as it takes a while for soil plants to respond to anything you do, with my dwc i can push the nutrients and when i see a bit of nute burn on the edges of the leaves i can add more water knowing the problem is sorted and not going to get worse

Definitely sounds like you've done your homework. Just judging from the other grows I'm following, I could almost cut my nutrient amounts in half, and lower my PPM greatly.
I'm going to try exactly that next round, I'm only feeding half strength, start to finish. If half strength isn't enough the plants will let me know quickly and I can up the nutes, but I'm sure it will be enough, and cost less in nutes also.

less is more with these plants i find plus its better to go on the low side instead of giving to much and having ph problems and nute lockouts,

the only thing different i tried this time round is a different growing method, ive let my soil plants totally dry out between waterings, im watering less when i water as well as i let it soak into the soil more, im getting no run off and my plants have never grown this quick before, before i needed to start nutrients a few weeks into veg, this time round ive not given the plants in new compost anything and ive gone 12-12 a couple of days ago and the plants still look a very nice shade of green, so letting them really dry out seems to be really paying off with the strains im growing.

but i think you have a lot more control with hydro and dwc type grows plus they really do grow that much quicker, if you have not seed strain hunters kings kush video then have a watch and you will see their side by side grows from seed to harvest, they do hydro vs soil on several strains, the only thing i dont like is my soil plants get bigger than the soil plants in the same time given but they dont give any nutrients at all to their soil plants so not sure if their using super soil or not, but they give lots of info like the temps they use and the humidity and they lower it twice in flower to help produce more trichs, their side by side grows are whats made me decided about giving dwc or a hydro set up a try

Thanks guys for the reps.:thanks:
I would recommend DWC for sure DP, just buy or build a nice setup. It does seem to grow faster than soil from what I've seen of other grows here on the 420 site. I really enjoy the precise measurements to control Nutrient PPM and PH in Hydro, but i'm a bit of a control freak. lol
Thanks again.

DWC is also dead easy and cheap to set up. You don't need anything fancy, just a good bucket or container and an air pump and stone. I'd highly recommend the totes with the hinged lids that meet in the middle as they make changing or checking the res really easy, you can just open one side and access the res without needing to move or disturb the plant. They're probably the most expensive bit, other than the nutes - I think mine cost me £15-£20 from some plastics manufacturer online. Definitely get the DWC on the go dp!

Hi everyone.;)
I hope your all having a great weekend, its time for another update.
Today is day 34 since flip to 12/12 and this closet is doing amazing. I flipped this closet 9 days after the first closet, but this closet is going to outgrow the other I think. The plants are really doing great and the buds are starting to swell.

The Carbon filters are doing their job also, as long as the doors are closed there is no smell, but WOW, when you open the doors its like a bud stretched out and slapped you in the face.

I changed the reservoir today and added new nutrients, and also did some minor work in the cloning machine today, I started LST on the White Widow clone, she was really starting up with new growth and getting much taller than the other clones. I'm starting to rethink what plants are going to be returning for another grow and which aren't.
I don't think the Widow got a fair chance in the closet with the Kush so might try the White Widow again on its own in the smaller closet next round. I'm not liking the Blue Mystic for scrog, she is a very stiff, thick plant and I found her vary hard to spread out without breaking branches. We'll see, I'm keeping my options open at this point.;)

That's pretty much it, its mostly just feeding, watering and waiting now.

Today's stats.
Day 34 since flip.
PPM=1190
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 70F
Water Temp= 65F
RH 58% and dropping cause i'm running dehumidifier.

Some pics.
IMG_19929.JPG

IMG_201710.JPG

IMG_20187.JPG

This is the top that was touching the lights for a couple of days.
IMG_201910.JPG

IMG_202010.JPG

IMG_20219.JPG

IMG_20229.JPG

IMG_202312.JPG

IMG_202410.JPG

IMG_202510.JPG

IMG_202911.JPG

IMG_202811.JPG

IMG_202710.JPG

IMG_20338.JPG

IMG_20349.JPG

IMG_20359.JPG

IMG_203612.JPG

IMG_204711.JPG

IMG_20539.JPG

IMG_20509.JPG

The clones.
The Master Kush's
IMG_203813.JPG

The White widow
IMG_20379.JPG

You can see the dark ring stain from nutes but below the stain where the roots are in the water is nice and white.
IMG_204110.JPG

Used a garbage bag tie to LST the Widow clone and make it the same height as the other clones.
IMG_204310.JPG

IMG_204511.JPG

All the Clones.
IMG_204611.JPG

The Closets
IMG_19908.JPG

That's it for another update. hope you enjoyed the pics and as always comments and questions are welcome. I'm not visiting my grow until Thursday, so next update then, but I'll be floating around the forums as usual.
Until next time, stay medicated my friends. ;)

very nice, plants and clones look great,

how do you keep the light on the clones and not on the flowering plants, does it sort of seal itself off so the clones can stay lit but the big plants get the dark period they need, nice set up as well, nice and neet,

very nice, plants and clones look great,

how do you keep the light on the clones and not on the flowering plants, does it sort of seal itself off so the clones can stay lit but the big plants get the dark period they need, nice set up as well, nice and neet,

Hi DP, thanks for stopping in. To answer your question, the top flower section lights and bottom cloning T5 light are on different timers, Flower section on 12/12 and clone section 18/6. When the doors are closed there is thick felt weather stripping lining the door where it meets the shelf that blocks out the light. (you can see it in the last pic of the closets on the door about 1/3 up.)

Lookin hella good SG!

Hi everyone.
Today was day 38 since flip for this closet, and the girls are doing great. Honestly, this closet is 10 days behind the other closet but is outgrowing it in terms of size of buds and swell etc...This second run went much smoother than the 1st, and I'm assuming this is why the results are turning out better. Just topped off water levels tonight and PH'd the water. Not much to do at this point but wait for harvest, About 3 to 4 weeks to go still.

Today's stats.
Day 38 since flip to 12/12
PPM= 1230
PH= 5.8
Air Temp= 71F
Water Temp= 66F
RH= 51%

The girls...
IMG_207812.JPG

IMG_207911.JPG

IMG_20818.JPG

IMG_208210.JPG

IMG_208314.JPG

IMG_20849.JPG

IMG_208512.JPG

IMG_208813.JPG

IMG_209016.JPG

IMG_209211.JPG

IMG_209412.JPG

IMG_209615.JPG

IMG_208915.JPG

That's it for another update. Not visiting the plants again until Sunday, so next update then. Comments and questions always welcome. Until next time, stay medicated my friends. ;)

Your harvest will surely be very bountiful. I see your PPMs are high and just past week 5. When will you begin to dial it back down towards flush? Do you have a generalized plan or just playing it by sight?

Back
Top Bottom