RQS Blue Mystic LED Superponic Grow - From Seed to Smoke

Main change next round is only to grow 1 strain per closet and no more than 2 plants per closet also. Its gonna get to crowded in the smaller closet I think with the 3 plants.
Other thing I wanna change is to feed nutrients based on PPM numbers rather than instructions on bottles or recipe's. I'm doing this now but wasn't at the beginning of the grow.

Something came up tomorrow night when I was planning to check up on my girls so I decided to visit tonight instead.
Update time...

Hi everyone.;)
Time for another update, today was day 15 of flower for the Blue Mystic closet. Things are still running very smoothly, the plants are stretching out and growing strong. Not much work done tonight, I just topped up the water lvls with plain water, pruned a couple of leaves and small growth from under the canopy and snapped some pics. Sorry a couple of the pics are a little blurry

Today's stats.
Day 15 of flower (since flipped to 12/12)
PPM=954
PH=5.8
Air temp=78F
Water temp=68F
RH=57% and dropping cause I'm running dehumidifier

The Ladies.

IMG_178313.JPG

IMG_17778.JPG

IMG_17769.JPG

Some Buds.

IMG_178010.JPG

IMG_178112.JPG

IMG_177910.JPG

IMG_17788.JPG

That's it for another update, as I said not much happening right now, the girls are stretching out and that's all....for now.
Have a good night, next update will be Saturday night, until then stay medicated my friends.;)

:rollit:

Hi everyone.;)
Tomorrow afternoon I'm going to check up on the girls, its been 4 days since I've seen my closets and I'm getting anxious to see how the plants and buds have developed. It will be day 19 since flipped lights to 12/12.
I've decided after some research and journal browsing that I'm going to try a fairly heavy defoliation on the master kush in this closet. Its the plant in front of the 2 Blue Mystic's and is a few inches taller, supercropping doesn't seem to be stopping the growth that much so I'm going to defoliate to allow more light through to the Blue's.
It will also serve as a little experiment to see what kind of buds she produces after defol. My other Master Kush in the large closet, I'm not doing defol, so can be used to compare the two.
Have a good night my friends, updates and pics tomorrow afternoon.

Main change next round is only to grow 1 strain per closet and no more than 2 plants per closet also. Its gonna get to crowded in the smaller closet I think with the 3 plants.
Other thing I wanna change is to feed nutrients based on PPM numbers rather than instructions on bottles or recipe's. I'm doing this now but wasn't at the beginning of the grow.

Something came up tomorrow night when I was planning to check up on my girls so I decided to visit tonight instead.
Update time...

How do you adjust by PPM? Is that just add proportionately till you hit your target number or is there a way to calculate how many PPMs a specific amount of a given nute will add to that final number?

Also, I think with the space you have, the amount of plants in there will produce nicely and not over crowd once you lay all the keepers down on that scrog. I agree with not mixing your strains though, I see how that can be confusing, but to me, the way you have your grow going now looks great. I hope my closet fills up that intensely in 2 weeks. that'll give me more choices to select from for the screen, and chop the rest. That's the plan anyway.

Good weed bro!

How do you adjust by PPM? Is that just add proportionately till you hit your target number or is there a way to calculate how many PPMs a specific amount of a given nute will add to that final number?

Also, I think with the space you have, the amount of plants in there will produce nicely and not over crowd once you lay all the keepers down on that scrog. I agree with not mixing your strains though, I see how that can be confusing, but to me, the way you have your grow going now looks great. I hope my closet fills up that intensely in 2 weeks. that'll give me more choices to select from for the screen, and chop the rest. That's the plan anyway.

Good weed bro!

I learned the PPM's of the nutrients in relation to the amount of water I'm adding to the reservoir by trial and error really.
The closets came with a nutrient grow formula/recipe for every week of growth, which I used at beginning of grow. A couple of weeks into the schedule when I gave the girls a full strength dose of nutrients the PPM's were supposed to be around 500 but were really closer to 900.
I remixed the nutrients to a 2/3 strength and it got to the range I wanted (500PPM at the time) and have been sticking to that 2/3's of whats called for ever since and its working great, and saving on expensive nutrients. If the PPM numbers are a little high I add plain water till the number is within the range I want it, I'll even drain some water out of reservoir if needed to make room for plain water to dilute res. and lower the PPM's.

Hope this helps and isn't to confusing, Its friday and the kids are in bed so I'm heavily medicated. ;)
New update tomorrow afternoon, after I change the reservoir and add new nutrients. I'll be aiming for 1000 PPM's for tomorrow's feeding.

Good morning everyone.;)
I'm going this morning to check up on the ladies and probably do a heavy defoliation on the master Kush in this closet. I'm planning on taking any fan leaves that have stems longer than 1-1 1/2 inches long and are shading nodes and small bud sites lower in the canopy.
Gonna snap some before and after pics, but does anyone have any last minute advise?
Wish me luck.

Try not to get too carried away as they use those leaves to grow. I learned that the hard way, budding's probably different though. Are you gonna pull the shoots back through the screen? I was hoping to see you do that and lollipop everything that doesn't get direct light exposure so the lower echelons don't rob goodness from the buds splayed out on the screen.

Hi again Sky.
Sorry to disappoint you my friend. I did tuck under a couple of times, but at this point I can't anymore cause the screen is full!! I just have to let em grow but the Kush is way outgrowing the Blue's. This is why I want to defol the Kush, to stop growth now, and to allow more light to the Blues in the back row. I'm going to lollipop the Blues under the canopy today also.
The 3 plants are to much in the closet if I scrog, they get to crowded and no room to stretch them across the trellis. Next grow same strain and only 1 or 2 plants max depending on strain!! I'm still learning the in's and out's of the closets, its a work in progress. :)

Yeah, closets are so convenient but at a major pain to the a$$ for sure. When I grow up, I want to grow with James The Green where there are no restrictions or confinements!

Yeah, closets are so convenient but at a major pain to the a$$ for sure. When I grow up, I want to grow with James The Green where there are no restrictions or confinements!

that's why I'm saving for a 5 x 9 grow tent. :)

I saw the pics out front. Good golly miss molly, you did a mass defol!

Hi everyone, hope you are all having a great sativaday. ;)

Today is day 19 since flip and lots of work done in the closets today, as promised I did a mass defoliation, I was only gonna do this closet and only the Kush, but when it got down to it, I said "f#*k it" and put the pedal to the medal so to speak. Before I continue I'll note that the closets are dialed in on nutes and water lvls. The PH went up by 0.1 in 4 days and the girls are drinking a lot of water. The plants are strong and growth is very healthy.

First thing I did today was to change out the reservoir and add new nutrients. Once that was done and water PH'd back to 5.8 I started Defol. I was only planning on doing the Kush in this closet but once started I decided to do all the plants. The Blue's did not require nearly as much defol as the Kush though.

I started below the trellis and removed pretty much everything, then moved above the trellis. As was suggested during research, I only took large fan leaves that had stems of at least an inch or more, and were blocking light to bud sites below. The defol went smoothly and really opened up the girls to the light. I think overall it went very well, I could have taken more leaves but didn't want to go to crazy. I left a couple larger fan leaves at the bottom of the canopy because they weren't blocking light to anything.

As some of you may see in the pics, I'm running out of head room in this closet, this was also a deciding factor to defol. With a couple more days and a few more inches possibly of stretch left, the defol should stop vertical growth in its tracks.

Today's Stats.
Day 19 since flipped to 12/12
PPM= 860
PH= 5.8
Air temp= 70F
Water temp= 62F
RH= 54%

The Ladies before the defol.

IMG_180611.JPG

IMG_18087.JPG

IMG_180910.JPG

IMG_181114.JPG

IMG_181213.JPG

IMG_181314.JPG

After Defol.

IMG_181412.JPG

IMG_181612.JPG

IMG_181816.JPG

IMG_181913.JPG

IMG_182115.JPG

The closets after defol.

IMG_182510.JPG

The girls look like they've been roughed up, cause they have, but should bounce back in a few days and be stronger than ever.
The plant will bounce back from almost anything as long as its environment is good. That's all for today's update, I'm already looking forward to the next one to see how the girls have recovered. If anyone has comments or questions as always, don't be shy, and until next time stay medicated my friends. ;)

Hi again.
Time for another update. Today is day 22 of flower for the girls and they are doping fine after the defol 3 days ago.
Even with the defol I did, the main shoots grew another 2 inches in three days and are almost touching the light. I have raised the light as high as it will go so I pray that they grow no taller. I'd say if they grow another inch, the girls will be touching the light.
The plants are definitely developing some nice buds sites, the Blue's take 9-10 weeks in flower till harvest so these girls still have a ways to go yet, Its gonna get tight in the closet by the end I think.

Today's Stats.
Day 22 of flower.
PPM=960
PH=5.8
Air temp=71F
Water Temp=65.3F
RH=55%

The Girls on day 22 of flower
IMG_184913.JPG

IMG_185718.JPG

IMG_185113.JPG

IMG_185415.JPG

IMG_185515.JPG

IMG_185918.JPG

IMG_186117.JPG

IMG_186317.JPG

IMG_186416.JPG

IMG_18678.JPG

The Closets.

IMG_18699.JPG

That's it for another update, I won't be able to post another til Friday or Saturday. Questions and comments are welocome, I hope your all having a great week, and as always, stay medicated my friends. ;)

plants look great, well done,

how often do you change and refill the res, do you just empty and refil or do you give it a clean out, im tempted to flip to a full dwc grow at some point in the new future just because dwc easily grows twice as quick and sometimes 3 times as quick as soil grown plants, so im pretty much leaning towards a big dwc set up with 4 big res's, so just wondered how often you empty and refresh the res,

also do you just add more nutrients each day to keep the ppm correct and keep doing this until you change the res, i only do small dwc at the minute and dont check ppm or even ph as the plants in the 2ltr dwc seem to do ok, but with a big res ill need to keep pm and ph in check,

plants look great, well done,

how often do you change and refill the res, do you just empty and refil or do you give it a clean out, im tempted to flip to a full dwc grow at some point in the new future just because dwc easily grows twice as quick and sometimes 3 times as quick as soil grown plants, so im pretty much leaning towards a big dwc set up with 4 big res's, so just wondered how often you empty and refresh the res,

also do you just add more nutrients each day to keep the ppm correct and keep doing this until you change the res, i only do small dwc at the minute and dont check ppm or even ph as the plants in the 2ltr dwc seem to do ok, but with a big res ill need to keep pm and ph in check,

Hi DP, thanks for stopping in.
I change the reservoir once every week, you can let it go for a couple extra days if needed but I try to be fairly consistent.
As far as adding nutrients everyday, I don't, I only add nutes when I change the reservoir. I go for 2 to 4 days at a time without seeing the plants, so I will usually top up the water lvls with regular tap water (ph= 60-80 PPM where I live) on the days I visit but don't change the reservoir.
When I change the reservoir I drain as much water as possible and refill, I will only fully clean and dis-infect the unit after harvest.

Hi everyone.;)
Time for another update, today is day 25 of flower for the Master Kush and Blue Mystic in this closet. Things are running pretty smooth except for one major problem, head room, I'm out of it. When I opened the closet today to check up on the girls, two of the main branches are touching the light. Lucky for me the LED's put out pretty much no heat. I had to supercrop the 2 largest branches on the Blue Mystic to get them away from the light.
I changed the reservoir tonight and added new nutrients, I was aiming for 1000 PPM this week and I hit 1030 so not bad, I'm definitely getting the hang of the closets and feedings etc. I can't wait for my 3rd round grow to test out all the things I've learned in the past few months.
I really feel that the defol helped this closet a lot, there are tons of lower bud sites that are getting lots of light now and are starting to put on weight. The plants have grown 6 inches in the last week so I think they are recovered from the defol and really seem to be producing now.

Today's stats
Day 25 of flower
PPM=1030
PH= 5.8
Air temp= 78F
Water temp=71F
RH= 64% and dropping cause i'm running the dehumidifier.

The girls.
IMG_187112.JPG

IMG_187010.JPG

IMG_18746.JPG

IMG_189512.JPG

Looking through the jungle.
IMG_189614.JPG

The branches I had to crop and tuck behind the electrical wire to keep them from touching the light.
IMG_18928.JPG

IMG_189310.JPG

The closets.
IMG_18759.JPG

That's it for another update, things running like clockwork as usual. 45 more days to go. Questions and comments always welcome. Next update on Tuesday, until then, stay medicated my friends. ;)

Very impressed!! +REPs for a clean journal and excellent grow. I too am looking forward to my next round. My mammy seems to be taking well to the calmag watering, plus the fresh batch of CO2 is helping.

Observation; correct me if I'm wrong, the LEDs do produce almost no heat, but if a leaf blade touches a diode, won't it cancel out that bulb's ability to reach other leaves? Does the LED have a reflector at all?

Great grow SG, you da man!!

Very impressed!! +REPs for a clean journal and excellent grow. I too am looking forward to my next round. My mammy seems to be taking well to the calmag watering, plus the fresh batch of CO2 is helping.

Observation; correct me if I'm wrong, the LEDs do produce almost no heat, but if a leaf blade touches a diode, won't it cancel out that bulb's ability to reach other leaves? Does the LED have a reflector at all?

Great grow SG, you da man!!

Thanks so much Sky, I've been following your journal also, good stuff. :)
No reflector in the LED lights, newer versions do have I think, like those COB lights jon705 is testing. Very nice lights.
As far as blocking the light from the diode, I guess it does but it was only for a day or two, so hopefully the plant will consider it a "cloudy day" lol.
I cropped them out of the way of the lights and hopefully stretch is done now so it won't be an issue.

Back
Top Bottom