RQS Blue Mystic LED Superponic Grow - From Seed to Smoke

when i use the co2 home made ones when the bubbles start to stop i just add more sugar and it starts off again, when the alcohol has killed the yeast i then clean it out and start fresh, but i add more sugar twice and it brings it back to life without adding anymore yeast,

but i certainly notice the plants look a darker shade of green when i set up the co2, plus the plants can take slightly higher temps when their getting co2, so it clearly has a benefit, i set up tubing just around one of my plants to see if it did make a difference and the plant with the co2 tubing around it clearly looked a better shade of green than the other plants in the grow room, so now i know the co2 does have an impact i now run the tubing from the co2 bottles and connect the other end of the tubing just behind one of my small 12v fans, that way i know its blowing the co2 across all the plants,

Hi everyone. ;)

Time for another update and some pics. Today is day 3 of flower, the girls are doing great, growing strong and looking healthy. All 3 plants are at the screen now but the smallest plant in the top left corner barely made it. Topped off the water lvls and PH'd the water. Not much happening yet since the flip, another week or two and thing's will start cooking. :)

Today's Stats
Day 3 of flower
PPM= 745
PH=5.7
Air Temp=83F
Water Temp=74F
RH=59%

The Girls.
IMG_160814.JPG

IMG_161618.JPG

IMG_161715.JPG

IMG_160916.JPG

IMG_16429.JPG

That's it for now, I'm off tomorrow to the cottage for the long weekend so no new updates until Monday night. I hope you all have a great long weekend, until next time, stay medicated my friends. ;)

:rollit:

Will you be lollipopping the under carriage once the net fills up? Also, what do you plan to do about the humidity?

Will you be lollipopping the under carriage once the net fills up? Also, what do you plan to do about the humidity?
Hi Sky,
yes, i'm going to prune the bottom of the plants, I've already cleared out a bunch. Humidity, not much i'm gonna do, I can't. the humidity should drop on its own soon, Its been wet and rainy the last couple of days which is contributing to the high RH. I have a dehumidifier but it puts out a lot of heat when you crank it up. I'll use it as a last resort. ;)

That blows. I've read (but don't yet know) that veg it's cool for the rh to hit 60%, but in flower you dont want it above 50% unless your strain is highly resistant to mold. What about that gel product (name slips my mind) that is used as a desiccant to dry the air out? If the RH stays high, you might have no other choice to protect your buds.

I think you should be good with the rH but every grow room/strain has their quirks! My room stays at 83-84 lights on with my rH sitting at 53-60% consistently, on the 2nd day without the water I can see a noticeable change when it sits at 46%, girls look a little droppy. 50% humidity seems to work great for me :) easy fix in your situation, I think you should be good having the dehumidy on deck :thumb: Scrog is looking sweet stealth!
Can't wait till it's all filled in :blunt: good job, +reps!

:peace: CA

That blows. I've read (but don't yet know) that veg it's cool for the rh to hit 60%, but in flower you dont want it above 50% unless your strain is highly resistant to mold. What about that gel product (name slips my mind) that is used as a desiccant to dry the air out? If the RH stays high, you might have no other choice to protect your buds.

Are you talking about Silica Gel? no, I'll just run the dehumidifier for a couple of hours. :thumb:

I think you should be good with the rH but every grow room/strain has their quirks! My room stays at 83-84 lights on with my rH sitting at 53-60% consistently, on the 2nd day without the water I can see a noticeable change when it sits at 46%, girls look a little droppy. 50% humidity seems to work great for me :) easy fix in your situation, I think you should be good having the dehumidy on deck :thumb: Scrog is looking sweet stealth!
Can't wait till it's all filled in :blunt: good job, +reps!

:peace: CA

Thanks for dropping in CA, I can't wait for the screen to fill in with Budz either. :)
thanks for the reps buddy.

You shouldn't have too much of a problem with a slightly higher RH in flower as long as there's plenty of airflow. 60% or just above should be ok with airflow, but 70% or above could cause problems later. Clearing out under the screen will help with the airflow, and I keep a 6" fan under the screen and one above so there's lots of air movement. The other option if RH gets too high and you don't want the dehumidifier due to heat is defoliating, as this lowers RH as it reduces transpiration.

Looking nice mate, good work!

I'm not worried about the RH at all guys, Its just High cause its super hot and humid where I live the past few days. Temps in the mid to high 80's with rain off and on, and really high humidity outside. You get sweaty and sticky just standing still the last few days, it will change soon. :)

looking good, with the humidity you will need to make sure you got the fans running, the only issue with scrogs is the plants touching each other, if you just had one plant then it dont sweat as much but 2 or 3 plants can sweat a lot, so you need to deal with any leaves that are touching each other, if one plant has leaves resting on the other plant then where the leaves touch they will sweat and this can and will cause pm issues with high humidty,

lollypopping will help a lot, them 3 plants are easily filling the scrog, i recon you would of filled it with just 1, so will be interesting to see how this turns out, its going to be pretty packed in their, so just keep an eye on the leaves, any that are touching each other will either need moving or cutting off, even after a few hours the 2 leaves will sweat and when you pull them apart you will see water on the leaves that was touching,

looking good, with the humidity you will need to make sure you got the fans running, the only issue with scrogs is the plants touching each other, if you just had one plant then it dont sweat as much but 2 or 3 plants can sweat a lot, so you need to deal with any leaves that are touching each other, if one plant has leaves resting on the other plant then where the leaves touch they will sweat and this can and will cause pm issues with high humidty,

lollypopping will help a lot, them 3 plants are easily filling the scrog, i recon you would of filled it with just 1, so will be interesting to see how this turns out, its going to be pretty packed in their, so just keep an eye on the leaves, any that are touching each other will either need moving or cutting off, even after a few hours the 2 leaves will sweat and when you pull them apart you will see water on the leaves that was touching,

Thanks again for the info DonPaul. I have notice a few spots here or there, drops of liquid on the leaves, at first i thought I had spilled a drop of water off the water bottle or something, then I figured it was sweat from the plants. I have two 4 inch fans running in both closets, 1 above the canopy and 1 below.
I know my closet is a little crowded, This is really my second grow, but its only 11 days behind my first grow. :)
I wasn't sure how many plants I could fit into the closet at first (I saw one video online where the guy had 8!!), and when I germinated the seeds I wasn't sure how many would pop.
From now on I will never grow more than 2 in a closet at a time, and my next regular grow from seed (not an auto plant) I'm only gonna grow 1 OG kush in the large closet and in this closet I'm gonna grow 2 AK auto's

cool, sounds like you already spotted the wet leaves then, i get it from time to time when my plants are to close to each other so i either move the plants or clip one of the leaves off, but as long as you got good air moving then you should be ok, once the screen is full you can lost a lot of the growth below the screen then so that will help stop any pm issues,

its pretty shocking that all your plants have turnd out that bushy, some plants grow taller before they bush out but all of yours are nice and bushy so should produce a good yield,

i always end up planting more seeds than i need to, then i end up buying more and plant them so i need to start cutting back on what im growing because i run out of room to quick, i need to set up another veg room as i just dont have enough room in the small seedling room, plus my flowering plants have took longer this time for some reason so the veg plants have got to big for their small pots and really need to go into the bigger room but cant do anything until at least another 2 plants have been harvested, then i can run the light on a veg schedule but take out the last flowering plants so they still get 12-12,

Hi everyone.;)
I hope you all had a great long weekend, I did. I went to the cottage with the family, and had a nice relaxing weekend. Last checked on the girls 4 days ago, so I was looking forward to coming home to make sure everything was running smooth.

The girls are doing great, they have all reached the screen and are starting their stretch. The Kush in front is growing a little better than the 2 Blue Mystic in the back row, but its just the strain, The kush is outgrowing in both closets. This has definitely taught me a lesson though. Try not to mix strains in a small closet/tent grow that your trying to scrog. The different strains often grow at different speeds and end up different heights, making it difficult to scrog properly. From now on only 2 plants max per closet and they will always be the same strain together.

The girls have started to show a few pistils, although very small still, and they didn't show up in the pics very well.
I did a little bending and tucking under the screen of some of the taller branches today to try and even out the canopy as much as possible.

I changed the reservoir water tonight and added new nutrients. Humidity is starting to become an issue due to the heat and rainy weather where I live so I started running a dehumidifier in the room to bring it down to an acceptable level.
Today's Stats
Day 7 of flower
PPM=660
PH=5.8
Air Temp=79.5
Water Temp=68.7 and dropping cause i just put a new ice pack.
RH=63% and dropping cause i'm running the dehumidifier.

The girls
IMG_166216.JPG

IMG_164916.JPG

IMG_164815.JPG

IMG_166311.JPG

That's it for tonight everyone, hope you enjoyed the updates and pics. Next update on Wednesday night, til then stay medicated my friends.;)

:rollit:

SG, they look like super stars!!

Question, the main stalk of the hottie in front appears to have been topped when she was just a little shorty. Did you top her when she was just a few inches tall? My 2 clones I want to top within a day or two as I have 4 nodes out and the 5th is developing. I want to top the 5th when it's out just a little bit more. Your experience?

topping is fine at any stage of growth, ive got seedlings growing that ive topped at the 2nd node up before their is any sign of growth at the nodes, as long as the clones have rooted and growing without a dome then you can top at anytime you like, ive topped as early as the first node and it still creates to tops,

so go with what ever you want to go with, ive not had any issues when topping at any stage of growth,

Back
Top Bottom