Doopie's Coco LED & CFL - Blue Mystic - 1st Time - Grow

All taken care of :)

I got myself a SecretJardin DR60 tent and set it up yesterday. Now the LED is about 28 inch away from the plants.

Even more important, now the smell is gone (carbon filter). They started smelling, even though they are still so small and Blue Mystic is considered a strain with little odor. But I could smell them when I'd come into my apartment and they are in another room!

Will try to take a photo of the setup soon.

Hey Doopie. Got caught up on your grow. Plants look good. I grew a bit years ago & quit (kids, wife, etc.). I was diagnosed w/ cancer in 2012 so....am growing again. I too have problems w/ seedlings. I don't know why, I think I invest too much emotionally, lol.
Anyways, good luck mon ami!

I am growing in coco as well. Come check out my grows

Sub'd.

Hey man plants are looking awesome, when u flip the lights on them keep an eye out for nitrogen def. I had that happen on the first nirvana bm and it was hard to get under control with out a ppm meter to know exactly how strong my solution was.(I was using blue planet nutes at the time and it was my fault for not following the schedule cause I was scared of nute burn)

Hey Doopie. Got caught up on your grow. Plants look good. I grew a bit years ago & quit (kids, wife, etc.). I was diagnosed w/ cancer in 2012 so....am growing again. I too have problems w/ seedlings. I don't know why, I think I invest too much emotionally, lol.
Anyways, good luck mon ami!

I am growing in coco as well. Come check out my grows

Sub'd.

Thanks for stopping by. Really sorry to hear about your cancer, I hope marijuana can help!

Will check out your grows

Hey man plants are looking awesome, when u flip the lights on them keep an eye out for nitrogen def. I had that happen on the first nirvana bm and it was hard to get under control with out a ppm meter to know exactly how strong my solution was.(I was using blue planet nutes at the time and it was my fault for not following the schedule cause I was scared of nute burn)

Yea, I think this might have very well been the problem. Always good to know though, that I'm not the only one this happens to :D

By the way, growth has really been picking up. I don't even notice it, because I look at them every day, but when I compare it to last week, it's very clear.

Like I said, I now have a tent and since the temperatures are still high (90°F), I've tried adding DIY CO2 bottles (sugar & yeast). Not sure if it really helped, but maybe it's just a placebo for me and the plants :D

2013-09-04_18_02_52.jpg

Quite messy right now, but I'm getting a few extension cords and it should be fine.

2013-09-04_18_02_57.jpg

Around 48 days old (some were planted a few days earlier & later
2013-09-04_18_04_10.jpg

2013-09-04_18_04_31.jpg

They are now getting 3/4 of HESI TNT and they seem to be really hungry, because I don't see any burn...

It's pretty potent, I'm a heavy smoker and 3 good hits out of the homemade bubbler and it felt like I had to squeeze the side of my head......not sure why that's just how I explain it its like it took u by surprise. I've had people who smoke less turn down a second hit.lol

Again, thanks everyone for checking by. :thanks:

Time for another update:

-I switched to 12/12 5 days ago. Yes, some of them are still tiny plants, but at this point, I don't really care about yield, but just wanna start already some new plants with the knowledge I gained. (They were for almost 2 months in veg!)

-Removed the CO2 bottles, because I got the heat under control. The reason for the heat was the way I had setup the fan, which was blowing from the top down.
My guess is that each time the hot air would rise up, the fan would blow it down again!
Don't have the air blowing from the top down!

-I started watering everyday. I've been reading that with coco/perlite, you almost can't overwater them. Unlike soil, where wet/dry phases are good, drying them completely out in coco is bad. Looks like they really like it!

Last week
2013-09-04_18_04_10.jpg

This week
2013-09-11_18_01_45.jpg

Even though it's pretty late, I did some topping on 4. Worked nicely!
2013-09-11_18_02_32.jpg

1 & 3 have a lot of bad leaves from the past when I didn't have the heat & nutes under control yet.
2013-09-11_18_02_52.jpg

So I removed all of them from 3. 1 still has them. So let's see which one will do better.
2013-09-11_18_02_41.jpg

(^3 with bad leaves removed)

They are looking great Doopie, I'm excited to try my BM also, 2 weeks down, about 7-8 more weeks to go in my grow.
I think it took about 2 weeks for me to get my seeds both times I ordered from RQS, I'm sure they will come.

Back
Top Bottom