LED CFL Coco Vs Soil

Agree 100% on the drip clean.
Thanks again C for turning me onto it.
It's let me be able to feed consecutively for up to 6 feeds with no flush.
Then with a 1/4 strength flush, in Coco the plants are able to maintain almost hydro nutrient levels, without the salt buildup that would most definitely be present without it.. so :high-five: C!
LEDRF If you get some glass eye droppers, they measure in .5 ml up to 1.5ml.

Flower day 34 (Calculated from when pistils formed on tops)

Watered

I watered three days ago with additives. Today I watered with drip clean and a little hygrozyme. Yay, I finally got to try drip clean.

I use a dropper I bought at Riteaid that measures 1 mL. I can easily measure half a mL by remove half. I also bought a syrynge for when I need to measure like 2 mL for 4 gallons.

I watered the clones with a bit of calmag plus and epsom salt and a bit of drip clean.

If you ever wish to check the accuracy of how you measure mL, put a cup on a scale, zero it out, measure grams. mL = grams, so .5 mL is .5 grams, 1 mL is 1 gram, etc.

SEEDLINGS

The seed I got from my brother in law (Black Dimona x Lady Flower Kush) is droppy a little. Not sure why. I water it the same as all my fem seedlings. I use 4 cups of water to water all 5 plants, so they get less than a cup each.

Seedlings

Watered

This time I watered with Rapid Start by GH. It is a mild feeding that promotes quick, strong root development. Superthrive cannot be sold in Oregon, but it is just a rooting hormone with b1. I put a bit of b1 plant starter in the water anyway.

Rapid Start
B1 Plant Starter
Hygrozyme
Drip Clean
Calmag+

That is what I fed all the seedlings, but I am trying one other ingredient for the Black Domina x lady flower kush because I don't care if it dies. I added 4 drops of subligual B complex, made for human consumtion. I was watching a video on Youtube about an Advanced Nutrient product that contained all the B vitamins, basically sounded like a B complex, so I thought, what the hell, try liquid B complex for humans. B vitamins are B vitamins, right?

I will see how it does. If it doesn't kill it and works wonders, I will try it on the others.

The ppms only went up to 170, and my water starts at 40. Not sure what exactly is in my water that makes it 40, but the 170 includes the 40. Whevern I mention PPMs, it includes the 40ppm of my water. I know it is not chlorine, because chlorine doesn't change the ppms.

Oh, quick tip. If you are only concerned about remove hardness and chlorine for your water, buy a $30 water filter from Home Depot. Easy to hook up. Mine does 20,000 gallons of water. It removes most all chlorine. It makes water taste good, too. It doesn't change the ppm. If anything, it raises it a tad.

You can buy the filters, the kinds that go on top of pictures to filter water, and use that to filter home distilled brew for a great flavor. You can use it to filter your water to water seedlings too. Not practical for main plants as it works too slow.

I thought about distilling my water in my water distiller to see how many ppms it drops. It has a built in charcoal filter.

About Sledge Hammer

Ingredients: Saponin (an extract of the yucca plant).

Sledge Hammer encourages water movement through soil and soilless mediums and helps release surface tension which will allow optimal absorption of moisture and nutrition through the plant's root system

Perhaps this caused my plant to feel overwatered. It absorbed too much water? Then me trying to flush the sledgehammer out, only made things worse?

Anyway, I am going to try it on the flowering Mendo Purp, but I will use hydro measurements. A couple drops only.

Weight
Off the premature White Widow that died, was growing in 100% coco and under a CFl lamp (4x 23w cfl bulbs) yeilding 13 grams dry. Almost half an ounce. Not bad for a plant that had 45 days to go.

I can't smoke weed because I am allergic, but my cousin, who has a high tollerance, said it was pretty damn stoney. I am surprised. It should make some decent hash. My girlfriend is going to try it before I turn it into hash. I will give her smoke report.

Watered

This watering was a feeding of base nutes 350ppm, ppms include a bit of calmag+ and hygrozyme. I used the proper measurements for drip clean. I used a 1.5, 2, 3 part ratio for the feeding of GH.

The lockout burning/yellowing leaves seemed to stop spreading to new leaves, so hopefully that is finished.

I decided to measure out some Sledgehammer for the Mendo Purp in flower, the stunted one, just to see if it kills it. 5mL for half gallon of water, as recommended on the bottle.

If it doesn't kill the mendo purple or at least make it droppy, then I will not totally give up on sledgehammer. I will test it once more at the end of the grow to flush the LED WW.

Oh, the LED buds are looking good. They are starting to grow up like corn cobs. Not sure how else to describe that growth.

I also tried watering the seedlings with some B complex, the red liquid kind. I might give them that every other feeding or third feeding. Today, I only watered with 6.4ph charcoal filtered water and Rapid Start, hygrozyme, and very little calmag. Just a few drops for 4 cups of water.

So my girl and card holding patient brother in law smoked a few grams of the WW, so I ended up having 10 grams. I turned that into 220 micron Keef, using the bubble bag dry ice method. I ended up with 2.5 grams of keef, a greenish gold color, more green than gold.

Keep in mind, you cannot get a 25 micron keef. That is the bag used at the bottom which lets nothing through. I'm not even sure why it has a screen on it at all but to make it easier to scrape. I could filter then 220 micron keef through the 75 micron bag, but honestly, it doesn't make it much stronger. I see no reason to make different colors strengths.

220 works.

I will give a smoke report once my girl smokes some.

Because the ww that died scored a smoke of 7 out of 10, I can't wait to see how powerful the other WW is when fully finished. The buds are looking good on it. I will take pictures in like a week or so, unless I just cannot contain myself.

It does suck, but I got the next best thing, Klonopin, which is prescribed for my anxiety.

Watered

I watered at like 12pm last night with water ph 6.5, drip clean, a tad of calmag 3mL for 4 gal, and hygrozyme, and this new stuff I picked up from Fredmyers.

Jobes Organics Vegetable and tomato, water soluble plant food.

It has microorganisms.

What is weird is that it is 3 0 4. No P.

I also picked up some vf11, which I made a spray with and have been spraying all the plants, even the seedlings.

the Lady Black (Black Domina x Lady Flower Kush) is still droopy, but the leaves are strong, not weak, flappy, rubby, etc. They are crips and healthy feeling. However, she/he is starting to go light green, so I think maybe it needs nutes. I am going to give her some of this Jobes stuff.

It has lots of stuff

It has different kinds of bacteria, archaea, endomycorrhizae, and ectomycorrhizae.

To get P, I could just use the Rose and Flower. Anyway, I am using it to get all the bacteria and stuff. I will only use a bit on the Lady Black, which has a great root system.

I watered the Mendo Purp with the recommended amount of Sledgehammer. So far, it hasn't dropped and it has almost been 24 hours. The leaves are starting to yellow between the veins a bit. This plant was totally green again before I used Sledgehammer. I will see how it is doing tomorrow.

Oh, yeah, the $99 free shipping 4 foot 4 bulb t5ho kicks ass. 40,000 lux at 6 inches away. Looks nice too. Has two power switches for two bulbs on or 4 bulbs on.

The mendo purp doesn't seem affected by the Sledgehammer, so perhaps I accidently put too much in for my WW, without thinking about it.

I will test it again on the other WW when I do the harvest flush.

LED update

The LED seems to be doing what it claims to do. The nugs are tighter, more dense than the HPS ones. They are growing good now. I am pretty sure the reason they are behind the HPS is do to strain. WW is a 75 day flower and NL is a 60. I will try to get pictures soon, in a week or so.

Day 39 flower

Photo Update

Led
march1-led.jpg

hps
march1-hps.jpg

The leds are catching up fast. I'm going to start throwing 700ppms at them again.

I wouldnt do that again with the high PPM. I would regular water more than anything. Plants will respond better to less fertilizer. When I ran my test about the the High PPM's. It was they slow in the growth and bud production. Even though they can take it to much will stunt there growth and stress the plant to hermie.

So if you do plan to push the high PPMs, I would say do so with only one feed per week with more than 2 waters in between. I would push carbs more than anything else.

I forgot to write down one of the waterings. Yesterday i watered again, though.

Watered

I watered with vf11 half strength, hygrozyme, drip clean, calmag+

Next watering with be with GH again 700ppm.

The Lady Black seedling only needed food. Gave (hopefully her) some vf11, perked her right up. In fact, I fed them all with vf11, and I kid you not, they blew up over night. When I checked them the next day, they almost doubled in size. Lady Black is in 50coco 50 perlite, in a small but long container until I sex it.

The rest are in 5 gallon. The autos are in 5 gallon bottom feeding, which works like hempy. They are all in 90% perlite and 10% charcoal.

Photo of veg

Auto White Widows are in white hempy, bottom feeding, 90% perlite 10% charcoal

Small jiffy stack up is 50% coco 50% perlite - Lady Black (Black Domina x Lady Flower Kush)

march4-lbww.jpg

Left is Purple Haze, Right is Critical #47 - both in 50% coco 50% perlite. The coco is by jiffy, I believe or burpee. It is a course coco. Very nice. It is for seedlings.

march4-ph-critical.jpg

Photo Update

This is Northern Light plant 2, before I rearanged it. The nugs were all falling over, so I had to make a makeshift sort of scrog screen and retie plants to take most advantage of the 400w hps, which has diminished in power. It used to get 80,000 lux at 1 foot, now at like 7-8 inches. I keep it much closer to the plants now, which means it covers less space. I also had to tighten up the plants to take up less space.

I placed fans under the plants, blowing up into them to prevent mold.

Each tile, square in the photo is 1 foot, so the plant was almost 4 foot accross.

march4-nl4.jpg

This is after I retied it. I still had to do much more tieing in the tent with both NLs. Now it takes up a little less than 3 feet.

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/500/march4-nl2.jpg

Because you cannot see a lot of the buds in those photos, do to the weight pulling them down away from view, here is a pick of one of the branches turned up.

march4-nl3.jpg

The NL's only have 20 days or less to go. I should start seeing cloudy triches soon.

Here is NL plant 2. I arranged it in the tent.

march4-nl1.jpg

Shit took like two hours to do. I also tied up my WW under the LED because the branches were too heavy and falling over. A few snapped because I didn't get to them in time. I was going to tape them, but the snap was bad, so I just cut them off. Will turn into keef. I have a large amount to turn into keef do to a fault of my own.

I was messing with the cfl lamp over the LSD, and it accidently dropped on it. Broke half the plant off. That is also drying to become keef. Even at 35 days, it makes powerful keef. Girlfriend said even the buds smoke at about a 7, and she rates most of the stuff at the dispensory a 7, top shelf stuff. Only a few strains by certain growers has earned her 9. Black Domina, White Widow, Sour Chocolate, God Bud, Grand Daddy Purp (from my grandpas grow), and I think a few others. Oh, Purple Mr. Nice Guy.

Back
Top Bottom