LED CFL Coco Vs Soil

Update

12/12 day 35

Flower day 26

Watered

So a few hours ago, I checked on the girls. All seemed well, but the soil was dry, they were light, so I set out to water, but I got side tracked. ADD.

Anyway. by the time I got back to the plants, one of the Northern Lights was all flopped over and crap, like she was dying. Man, I hope I cought her in time. I gave her a gallon of water and sledgehammer, as my hydroshop didn't carry the drip clean. Hopefully, sledgehammer is about the same thing.

I watered the coco WW with the same thing, but added a bit of calmag.

I watered the other nothern lights with just purified water. The rest I watered with a little under half a gallon of tap water set out over night with an air stone in it. It was naturally ph 6.8 after sitting out.

It's been a few hours since I watered, and the dropping Northern Light only looks a bit better. Damn ADD. I should have just started watering right when I knew I should have. Why in the hell did I start messing with the seedlings. ARGG! Curse me.

If she dies ...

I'm not an emotional person. I can understand getting attached to a pet dog or cat. They show love back, but plants, nope. They don't, not in any way I can comprehend, at least, yet, damn, I feel emotionally effected by this. I'm all bummed out and will not feel better until those branches lift up, and leave pray to their god. Dammit!!!

Makes me feel like giving up. I hate that feeling.

That crap had me bummed out. She recovered like a champ, though. Leaves are nice and pointy and stiff again. Branches proped up. Yay!

the CFL buds are amazing me. Check it out.

feb16cfl2.jpg

feb16cfl1.jpg

The second top-down image, hides most of the bud, do to leaves in the way. The bud in pic one is about 3-4 inches long. 8 23w cfls under a friggin plastic, white tote. Amazing.

Okay, sledgehammer can kiss my ass. I ordered some drip clean online.

Sledgehammer I think killed my White Widow CFL. Not sure if she will recover. I tested the stuff out on her instead of trying it on all plants. The next day, she was super dropped, like even leaf stems were drooping. Bad. I checked the coco. The pot was light, but still a little moist on top, so I highly doubt she was dropping from lack of water. The pot was way to light to be over watered, besides, I don't feed her much water.

Sledgehammer was the only change. I decided to try sledgehammer on a non-marijuana plants. Next day, drooping like crazy. That shit kills plants. I even used it at half strength.

I looked it up online to see if anyone else had the same issue. Yup. Check it out. I found threads from different sites of people asking for help. Plants are drooping after they used Sledgehammer. Florakleen has never done that, and I have used it for every watering even.

I'm taking it back to the hydro shop and saying, here, you can have this plant killer.

It has been 3 days now and she is still dropping. Some leaves are wrinkled and dying. Don't think she will pull through. So weird too because she was the most healthy plant, which is why I tested it on her.

I pulled her out of the pot, nice roots, tons of feeders. I let her soak in ph 6.3 water, with a little B1 and hygrozyme and an air stone under her. About half the coco melted away. I then replanted her in a 5 gallon with new coco-perlite 50/50 mix. She has been in that for like 24 hours, and only after I did that transplant did she start to show signs of trying to recover. Some leaf stems have raised up, but leaves are still droopy.

A product shouldn't do that!

I forgot to mention that I watered a few times. I've been sticking to the normal watering again, but this time with only like 200ppm for now, until plants totally stop showing signs of lockout.

I am now watering with filtered water from a charcoal filter I bought. It removes most if not all chlorine. My water is only 40ppm, so not worried about doing RO. Just want to remove chlorine. I did a test of with and without filter. It went from .5-1 to 0. At least the end result was clear. It turns different shades of yellow when chlorine is present.

So I watered with nutes like 3-4 days ago, 200ppm, just the 3 part series, nothing else. Then I watered with just pure water ph 6.5. Then I just watered today with ph 6.5 plus 200ppm of calmag and florablend. That is, the total amount of my water was 240ppm, 40 being from the water before any nutes are added.

Next I will water with just ph water again. So it goes

3 part GH
pure water plus florakleen
calmag plus florablend and sometimes hygrozyme
pure water

Then I go back to 3 part GH.

I have been watering with close to half a gallon again as they dry up quickly.

I will show some pics of the veg closet. I am about to get t5ho 4 or 6 bulbs. I think the 4' six bulb version on ebay with bulbs for $79, if I recall. Right now, I am running 4't8. I might still use those as side lighting.

so whizz this isnt an attack at u far from it but i must say that im not sure u have the experience to say this is how it is and thats how u fix it. What i mean by that is quite simply uve read it and reposted what uve read on topics. Now thats not a bad thing but experience often shows different to things that are on paper as u will surely find over time. this is due to diff environment, strains, nute programs, how u train etc etc. Its easy to say jorges cervantes states this or that, ( just an example) but times move on and people figure out diff things, alot of which is supposed to negatively impact growth and production (defoliation off the top of my head).

I respect u grow GLR and try to help guys who are unsure of problems they have. However i have lost count of the numbers of grows ive done now, im guessing probably thousands but if not its close to it. And ive tried many many techniques. The point im trying to make is, when u have that many grows behind u then u may be in a better position to say what def works.

As i said this isnt an attack, i appreciate u mean well but sometimes i think uve taken things straight from the page of a book without having experienced enough to understand the diversity of problems, issues (good and bad), and the way these plants grow and adapt for yourself.

Photo update

Flower day 31

I think they are looking pretty good considering the issues with lockout. Not sure why they haven't recovered completely from that yet.

CFL White Widow I think is not going to make it. That's fine, though. In a few more weeks I will stick the autos in there if she dies. The autos will finish when the ones flowering now in day 31 finish.

LEDs are catching up. I have to also consider that White Widows have a longer flower time than Northern Lights, 75 days verses 60.

We will start with the dying CFL White Widow. So sad about that. Damn Sledgehammer. I just can't believe it did that. The other species of plant I tested it on recovered, though. Not sure if the WW will.

feb21cfl.jpg

Now the LED WW and Lucy.

feb21-1-led.jpg

feb21-3-led.jpg

feb21-2-led.jpg

Now for the Northern Lights HPS

feb21hps6.jpg

feb21hps4.jpg

feb21hps2.jpg

feb21hps3.jpg

Now for the closet veg room. On the left are two clones. Far left is Mendo Purp. Next to it Purple Haze. These will be grown outside mid april. On the right are seedlings. Far right is Critical #47, then White Widow autos, then purple haze and black domina x lady flower kush. They are all fems but the lady flower. That seed is from my brother in law and could turn out male.

The reason I bought the two clones is he sold them to me for $20, and the stems on the mendo were only a bit purple. But get this, when I got them home, I squeezed some water from the 3in rockwool they were in to test the runoff. I wanted to see what he has been feeding them. After I deluted the run off by 50%, it was 950ppm. Crazy. Why is he watering with such high ppms for such small plants? That would be like 1800ppm. I know you can feed higher in hydro, but still. Nonetheless, only like two leaves were a little burnt.

I am feeding them with quarter strength GH and calmag. Same feeding schedule as my flowering grow. They are already starting to lose the purple in the stems. I hope these two aren't stunted like the other mendo I got from him. Damn thing like never grew. Hopefully, these do. If not, I will not buy clones from him anymore.

feb21veg.jpg

feb21veg2.jpg

What in Sledgehammer would do that? It can't be that different from Florakleen. The only thing I can think of is it somehow made the roots not able to take up water. Such a thing as water lockout? That is exactly what it seemed like, as if she hadn't been watered in forever and as if coco was dry as a bone, but it wasn't. It was moist to the feel.

I know for sure it wasn't over watered because I didn't give her much water at a time and wated the longest between feedings with her. I wish I had taken a full picture of her before Sledgehammer. She was so green and healthy. In less than 24 hours, she was drooping so bad, then just got worse and worse until she looks as you see her in the photo. Bad.

It just puzzles me.

I want to test Sledge Hammer again on another plant just to see if it does the same thing. I might try it on the mendo purp in the flower room because it will not yeild but maybe 20 grams, seriously. It hasn't grown but maybe two inches tops. Buds are not growing. Just little pop corn.

Maybe I accidently put too much Sledgehammer in the water.

Dude at the hydroshop claimed it was like drip clean, but right on the bottle it says not for daily use. I only used it once.

Fox Farm Bush Doctor Sledgehammer, Nutrient Rense.

Makes me sad. She would have produced a decent weight for being all CFL. Hell, even though she had 40 days left to go, I think after the unfinished buds dry, it will be half an ounce or more. Should make okay hash.

I got my drip clean in the mail. Yay. This stuff is powerful. Only .5 mL per gallon. 5mL is 1 tsp, but I have no idea how I am going to measure .5mL, which is only .08 tsp.

Even if it mix it for 5 gallons that is .4 of a tsp. I might have to get a mL syring thing from somewhere. Hydroshop or pharmacy?

Is .5mL like a drop?

Back
Top Bottom