LED CFL Coco Vs Soil

I had to put my closet grow White Widow back in the tent because I needed the closet for cloning and vegging clones. It's all good, though. In the tent, it is mainly only getting the same cfl lamp light. Some lower branches is receiving spill from the HPS, which is good.

Day 26 in 12/12

Flower Day 17

I watered with Ph water 5.8 and calmag plus, and florakleen on the 5th, about 3/4s of a gallon. I will water them sometime on the 7th because they feel just about dry enough.

Just some pictures. I am always amazed at how quickly they change from day to day. They are so much more frosty now, and already starting to grow taller.

feb72.jpg

feb71.jpg

feb73.jpg

feb74.jpg

Thx, guys.

Watered the 9th

I forgot to update when I watered. This time I watered with just additives: Florablend, Liquid Seaweed, Calmag+, B1 plant starter (lowers ph to 3.2, so I have to add ph up). All this took the ppms up to 600. This time I ph'ed to 6.5. I also set the light to 10 on 14 off because of the following video, mainly.

I was at K-mart to get some Miracle Grow Tomato Food and Miracle Grow Bloom for some tests in my next grow, once this grow is harvested. I am already starting some seeds, hopefully for outside grow. I want to do one big plant in the tent and two autos.

While I was browsing the garden area, I found this seed starter kit by Burpee. (Only %10, so I got it.) It uses coco pellets that expand. It is bad ass. The coco is a great consistancy, corse, not unlike a lot of coco bricks, which I prefer. I like how the expanded bricks are more corse and have great airation.

They come in different sizes. I got the 16 cup one.

That is an image to see how it works. That is the 72 site one.

72cellsw.jpg

Thx, guys.

Watered the 9th

I forgot to update when I watered. This time I watered with just additives: Florablend, Liquid Seaweed, Calmag+, B1 plant starter (lowers ph to 3.2, so I have to add ph up). All this took the ppms up to 600. This time I ph'ed to 6.5. I also set the light to 10 on 14 off because of the following video, mainly.

Thats GLR whole light schedule. Ive been running my lights since I first heard of it

normal_G-V-F_fit.jpg

Wiz, oh, so you have been going straight to 10-14 for flower, no slow transition, dropping 30 minutes each week? If so, did you notice only a 10% growth in height after flowering, and little to no more leaf growth and little to no more node spacing?

Son of a Bleeping Bleep, Bleeper. When I set my lights from 11.5-12.5 to 10-14, I accidently set the off to pm, so the lights have been on for an extra 9 hours! I got it sorted now, but I hope that doesn't slow down the budding.

with respect i just dont know why u guys dont stick to 12/12 or 18/6. its proven and it works. Having said that mistakes can be made but i just mean why mess with light schedules that work if u havent done multiple, multiple grows to then find differences. one or two grows doesnt count even 10-20 doesnt if u have used diff strains in dif environments. These timings definately work, 100% guaranteed.

Not an attack at methods but just pointing out a point. :peace:

Cultivator, I agree, but if I can still get nice yeilds and save lots of electricity, then I will use 12-1 and 10-14. For seedlings and clones I use 18-6 or 20-4 under cfls or t5s or t8s.

The power savings can be really big if you are drawing 800w an hour just for lights. Or later, I will be running more like 1800w.

Watered

4 cups per plant. 700ppm. Ph 6.3

Just GH three part series at ratios of 2-2-3 instead of the bloom 1-2-3, which means 2 parts floragrow, 2 parts micro, 2 parts bloom. I think they need just a bit more nitrogen for now. They are still showing slight signs of leaf tip burn here and there, which is why I have kept the nutes low at 700ppm.

Tested out my girlfriend's new camera. I like it. Fuji. $200 price range. 14mp.

feb11-3.jpg

feb11-4.jpg

feb11-2.jpg

feb11-5.jpg

feb11-1.jpg

Hey LEDRF,
sweet photos!
that macro shot is bangin!
I'm just wondering if you're going to be showing some more comparisons of "Coco Vs Soil" hence your journal name.
Read back quite far but I haven't found you talking much about how each are doing in their different mediums?

Back
Top Bottom