LED CFL Coco Vs Soil

I forgot to mention that the Orbeez is not a good cloning medium. It leads to slime really easily. I kinda thought it would, which is why I said it would be no good to grow with by itself.

I think cloning with them is possible though, in a dark contrainer, and the to covered so light cannot get in. poke a few holes in the bottom for water to drain. The Orbeez slowly release water, they are always wet.

I washed the clones, redipped in cloning liquid, and put them in rockwool. This stress will slow down root developement, but I am not in a hurry for the clones.

I thought about putting them in my DIY EZ cloner.

Watered

It's been 3 days since I last watered.

I watered each 3 gallon pot with 1 gallon of water. Each gallon of water contained 2 tsps of Florakleen, 1 tsp of Hygrozyme, and 1 tsp of b1 plant starter whcih ph's to 5.5

I got a good amount of run off. Run off was 500ppm.

I am going to water one more time with ph water before using GH again at 700ppm or so.

Wiz, they work great together, no contradictions.

Plants are looking good so far. No more signs of deficiency on other leaves, well, but like two, so i think they are starting to take from the soil again instead of from leaves.

Picked up some flora klean. Hey hows those LED working out for you? Whats your thoughts with the 400w and the 300w LED?

Oh, I am using this new cfl lamp in my White Widow closet grow. I have 8 bulbs in it.

I just added a DWC with CFL's in my small closet for a test run. :thumb:

Watered

It's been 3 days since I last watered.

I watered each 3 gallon pot with 1 gallon of water. Each gallon of water contained 2 tsps of Florakleen, 1 tsp of Hygrozyme, and 1 tsp of b1 plant starter whcih ph's to 5.5

I got a good amount of run off. Run off was 500ppm.

I am going to water one more time with ph water before using GH again at 700ppm or so.

Why water with so much? My 3 gallon pots only get Half of gallon. If your looking for your medium to dry faster I wouldnt use a 1gal

Wiz wel when I use half gallon I get little to no run off. As is salt build up has been a problem. The ones in the tent have been drying out quickly now. 2 3 days but for the coco.

I prefer the 400w so far. The northern lights under it are growing well. Twice as much hairs than when I posted that last photo. The led ones have some hairs but the flowers are nerrow still. I will post a pic.

Wiz wel when I use half gallon I get little to no run off. As is salt build up has been a problem. The ones in the tent have been drying out quickly now. 2 3 days but for the coco.

I prefer the 400w so far. The northern lights under it are growing well. Twice as much hairs than when I posted that last photo. The led ones have some hairs but the flowers are nerrow still. I will post a pic.

Don't worry about the run off or salt build up. Do a 2 day water schedule. First day feed with nutes. 2nd day use regular water with flora klean. Then let them dry out & do it again. That's what I do. That way your insuring that they use all the nutes and there's no build up around the root zone.

I was going to buy 4 of those 300w LED lights you have. They sell them in packs of 6 also. I may go with 6 but just wanted to see how there treating you so far. If not 4x 300w then ill get 2x 800w LED.

But when I feed again I will try half gallon. May e that is why they didn't handle the 1209ppm. A gal instead of half gal.

Depending on how long you veg them for will predict the PPM there able to take. You can't give a 4week plant the the same PPM as you give a 2 month plant. A gallon per plant is way to much in a 3 gallon pot. I still give my 5 gallon potted plant only a half gallon. A full gallon every other.

Watered

For now I tried half nute strength 900ppm, and half a gallon of water for each plant. I did that yesterday. Today I watered with florakleen and water, 1 gallon to each plant.

When I fed, everything was half strength but the hydrozyme. I used the bloom for GH 1 part floragrow -- 2 part floramicro -- 3 part florabloom. I also added b1, liquid seaweed, cal mag and the usually stuff I mention.

Update

Wiz, you might like to know the LED is working so far. :)

The plants have responded well to the two day watering thing, wiz. My run off when I watered the next day with florakleen was only 640ppm, and the day before with only half gallon, I watered with 930ppm or so. I will try 1 quart with nutes, or whatever smaller amount of water is easy to calculate the nutes for.

LED isn't flowering as quickly, but the plants are growing, and they are flowering. Just not as many hairs as the HPS ones. Could be strain related too. White Widow and Lucy are under the LED, Norther Lights under the HPS.

zoom29.jpg

20x magnification. The LED is only sligtly behind. I am really curious to see how this LED works out on bud production. Maybe tighter but smaller nugs?

Here is an update of the NL. The photo doesn't capture all the pretty white hairs flowers so well, but in the smaller up close photo, it is easier to see because I turned the hps and led off for that. Just had the 300 and 200w CFL on.

update25.jpg

I did a little deflolation. I only do it when a leaf blocks a bud site and I cannot tuck the leaf under the bud.

If I try to push the plants ppm again, I will test it on only one plant, then wait a week to see the results before trying it on any others. I don't like seeing yellowing leaves or burnt leaves anywhere, and I have to stare at them or pluck them. I think with the 1 lit with nutes, then 1 gallon with florakleen water the next day will make it much harder to burn the plant.

Looking good. The plants under LED may take longer to show more hairs. The strains im working with flowered differently both under 400w HPS. One was showing abundance of pistols and the other just slightly bit then half way threw flowering the pistols just start popping up every where. And still pistols are showing up. So 4 weeks lets see how there doing under the LED. It maybe the lack of intensity also. IDK how the LED work, maybe a higher wattage wouldve showed different results?:hmmmm:

I changed the lighting to 12.5 off and 11.5 on. I will reduce the amount of light every week and a half or so.

This is save me power, and hopefully trick the plants into producing bigger buds.

The LED hairs are almost caught up, already. All the plants are growing, even the one under the cfl hood in the closet. I had to raise the hood because she grew into the bulbs. I also switched her to less light time to force more flowering faster. The cfl is the most behind.

I changed the lighting to 12.5 off and 11.5 on. I will reduce the amount of light every week and a half or so.

This is save me power, and hopefully trick the plants into producing bigger buds.

GLR and diminishing light is the best way to go :thumb:

The LED hairs are almost caught up, already. All the plants are growing, even the one under the cfl hood in the closet. I had to raise the hood because she grew into the bulbs. I also switched her to less light time to force more flowering faster. The cfl is the most behind.

CFL's doesnt put out that much intense light. I just raised mine over the DWC grow so they could stretch up into the light. I had them like 1" away. I will add more since Im only using 2x red+2x blue 23=100w right now.

I watered Jan 29 with just water, florablend, cal mag, and liquid seaweed, so no actual nutes. This is the second time of feeding with no nutes. I also only gave them half a gallon.

I watered again Jan 31 with just water and cal mag and Ph. The plants are going through water faster now. :) This time I watered until I saw runoff, which took 3/4 of a gallon.

I learned without a doubt that all purple stems = magnesium defeciency, be it from nute burn, cold temps, root rot, or just not giving it enough mag. I corrected all purple stems, all purple streaks with just watering with cal mag and epsome salts between nuts.

I am so disappointed that the Mendo Purp is stunted from the mag deficiency. I can't believe I paid $30 for that crap. I got to talking to the grower, and he said he leaves his hydro drip on 24-7. I told him I would have it turn off a lot, like 30 on 30 off or something.

I wonder if he used cal mag or anything.

Here is a pic update. So both the Lucy and White Widow under the LED has less bud sites and more node length. However, this is not a strain issue. Northern Lights under the HPS has short nodes and tons of bud sites. Going to produce fat nugs, I think.

jan-31.jpg

Unless the drip was super slow, like literally, drip, drip, then I wouldn't leave it on 24-7. It easily leads to root rot, slime. The plants actually like when it is off and on. I tried recently to leave it on 24-7. Sticky slime ruined those roots.

Back
Top Bottom