Doopie's Coco LED & CFL - Blue Mystic - 1st Time - Grow

It's been awhile. I was abroad and just came back.
I had to change locations of my plants (for several reasons) and I couldn't take all of them with me, so now Im only left with 2 & 4. In any case, it is better that way, because there would never have been enough space for 4 plants.

They are now in week 5 of flowering. Kinda small buds, no?

2013-10-17_14_41_59.jpg

2013-10-17_14_42_07.jpg

2013-10-17_14_42_18.jpg

DOOPIE!!!! I almost forgot about ya till I saw your post today, how ya been man? Long time no post. :)
Sound like you've been busy with life. Your plants are looking good, If your only 5 weeks into flower they aren't that bad in size, and they will bulk up the last few weeks. I still haven't harvested mine yet, 2 more weeks to go on the Blues and 10 days on the Master Kush & White widow closet.:) Harvesting each closet when it hits 70 days.
Did you get the beans from RQS that you ordered?
Good luck with the rest of your grow, I'm sure they will swell for you soon.

Very nice. I would suggest a big defol. It will increase your bud production, eliminate mold, etc.

Thanks for stopping by cajuncelt. Yea I was thinking of lollipopping them. Is it not too late now?

DOOPIE!!!! I almost forgot about ya till I saw your post today, how ya been man? Long time no post. :)
Sound like you've been busy with life. Your plants are looking good, If your only 5 weeks into flower they aren't that bad in size, and they will bulk up the last few weeks. I still haven't harvested mine yet, 2 more weeks to go on the Blues and 10 days on the Master Kush & White widow closet.:) Harvesting each closet when it hits 70 days.
Did you get the beans from RQS that you ordered?
Good luck with the rest of your grow, I'm sure they will swell for you soon.

Glad to be back :) I was abroad and pretty busy in general.

Been checking out your journal to see what I could potentially expect my plants to look like in the next weeks. Your grow is pretty much text book :thumb:

My first RQS shipment got lost, but my second one arrived - without stealth shipping though, which caused a loooot of problems (had them shipped to a friend's office). Once I posted about it here on the forums, the RQS owner got in touch with me. He was very concerned and promised to make it up, so Im still waiting for that :) (Im supposed to get something next week)

What's your next grow gonna be?

Good to her that RQS is gonna make you whole. I had a minor problem with something I ordered from them and they gave me a full refund. I'm very satisfied with the customer service I got from them, and will order from them again when needed.
Glad your back around. ;)

I wouldn't use any training techniques (like lollipopping) this late in to flowering. Just let those beautiful girls grow. I would defol soon though.

For some reason I thought lollipopping = defoliation. As you can tell Im still a pretty big noob :D
So I first had to do some reading up, seems kinda controversial, a lot of people writing that the plant doesn't get as much energy? To start out, I only did one plant (the right one on the photos)

2013-10-21_16_02_031.jpg
2013-10-21_16_02_461.jpg

Very nice!
By defoliate, I mean removing a small amount of veg, not a complete defol as some do.
I would suggest small shoots, fan leaves blocking light to buds below, etc.
lolipopping is trimming off the lower 1/3 of the plant while in vegging about 1 week before flowering so that it focuses on the top 2/3 of the plant where the buds get the biggest. You basically loose those small popcorn buds that dont get big anyways and the plant uses the energy it woulda used to create them to focus on the top big buds

wild guess.....2-4 Oz, ton of variables though and hard to judge them all from a few pics.
Yea true, but it's always fun to guess :) I added another CFL today (42W 2700K), it's hanging further down than on the photo, maybe it will help those buds a bit to grow bigger.

2013-10-24_16_52_11.jpg

Also took some macro shots of the trichromes through a magnifying glass.
2013-10-24_16_56_31.jpeg
2013-10-24_16_56_26.jpeg

2013-10-24_16_55_42.jpeg

^different bud

I do not see any amber trichomes in your photographs. you need a 30x jewelers loupe to see the trichomes and judge when to harvest. most people harvest from 5%-30% amber trichomes. harvest at 5%-15% amber trichomes for a "head high" energetic effect and harvest at 30%-50% amber trichomes for a "body stone" sedative effect strain dependent. your Blue Mystic is a 70 day strain. I would monitor the trichomes and when you are approaching your desired percentage of amber trichomes begin to flush your plants for 7 days with nothing but either pH adjusted water or a flushing agent with pH adjusted water.

Back
Top Bottom