LED CFL Coco Vs Soil

Wiz a lux meter.

Update

So, I am a bit disappointed in the end wet weight. Most of the harvest was trimmings and popcorn buds, which will be turned into keef. Good thing is the weight had hardly any stems.

Trimmings and popcorn buds = 15.5oz wet. So might be 4.5oz dried, but will make a lot of keef.

LED White Widow wet weight = 2.5oz

Northern Light 1 (recieved most of the 400w hps) = 3oz wet.
Northern Light 2 = 2oz wet

So even though the White Widow wasn't LST, it still produced close to the same weight wet, but not amount as far as looks goes. I will have to see what they are dry, though. No doubt, LED makes nugs dense. I think it is a good idea to use both on one plant.

I wish I hadn't messed them up so bad in veg. Oh well. Lucy, .5oz, which is because half of her broke off and was made into keef a while ago, and she never received much of the LED light as it was only big enough for one plant.

So, total wet weight for all harvest = 8oz, which should dry and cure to 1.5-2oz. Not very good, but then again, I will soon have a lot of grams of keef. I will update to let you know how that goes, as I don't need to wait for them to dry as dry ice dry freezes them. Insto keef, no waiting.

I will probably do that tomorrow.

I will also post a few bud pics. Nothing to big anyway.

Pretty sad grow.

Dry weight of 2x Northern Lights under the 400w HPS = 4oz, which inclues all the popcorn buds. Only 1.2oz of respectable buds.

Dry weight of 1x White Widow under LED = 3oz including popcorn buds. .5oz of respectible buds. Still, though, for just being topped a couple of times, having 8 colas, and produce visibly less than half a jar of respectible buds, they clearly weigh more than the Northern Lights, so LED does seem to dense up buds. The 1.2 oz filled up a whole jar of Northern Lights. The .5 of WW filled up only a quarter, so if filled up all the way like the northern lights, it would have made 2oz, so denser heavier buds.

The LED only uses like 180w, so it is not truly a 300w lamp. So I got 1/4 of a gram per watt for both lamps. .5 grams per watt would have been acceptable.

That bad nute burn and seemingly ph issue no doubt played a roll in decreasing yeild. Maybe my next grow will go much better. We'll see.

The link is in my sig.

endNLbuds.jpg

endWWbud.jpg

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom