Doopie's Coco LED & CFL - Blue Mystic - 1st Time - Grow

I called up the hydroshop and it was a false alarm: all their coco-mixes say also soil on it, because they were too cheap to have more than one version of the packaging printed :D
But by the batch number they were able to tell me, that I did indeed get a coco-perlite-only mix. So no soil...

I also compared some photos of soil and coco-soil mixes, and what I have really does seem like coco without soil.

Anyways, watered them again today (now again with pH 5.8 water). Will try to post photos again tomorrow or the day after, though there hasn't been that much growth...

I called up the hydroshop and it was a false alarm: all their coco-mixes say also soil on it, because they were too cheap to have more than one version of the packaging printed :D
But by the batch number they were able to tell me, that I did indeed get a coco-perlite-only mix. So no soil...

I also compared some photos of soil and coco-soil mixes, and what I have really does seem like coco without soil.

Anyways, watered them again today (now again with pH 5.8 water). Will try to post photos again tomorrow or the day after, though there hasn't been that much growth...

Thank God you got that worked out. ;) Now your babies will grow. The only way really to check roots if you can't see through the holes on bottom of pot is to take it out and look, but the size and health of the plant should give you a good idea.

:rollit:

Re: doopie's Coco LED & CFL *Blue Mystic* -1st time- grow

Another update:

First of all, thank you for your support everyone. 420mag is really an amazing place to get help and feedback :)

So my plants are still growing very slowly, but at least they're growing...

No. 1 - Day 33 (since seed was planted)

The oldest of the bunch. Very droopy, might be because it has to be watered again. (watered 4 days ago, no nutes since 2 weeks!)

Has dark spots (dark purple) ends on some leaves. Anybody know what that could be? I tried to google but didn't come up with anything...

2013-08-17_14_31_18.jpg

No. 2 - Day 30 (since seed was planted)

The strongest out of the bunch.

But the oldest leaves start being yellowish, also with some dark spots on their ends. :-/

2013-08-17_14_29_24.jpg
2013-08-17_14_30_22.jpg
2013-08-17_14_30_31.jpg

No. 3 Day 30 (since seed was planted)
Doin' alright...
2013-08-17_14_30_49.jpg

No. 4 - Day 30 (since seed was planted)
The slowest of them all... Has a bit of claw on the feeder leaves?
2013-08-17_14_32_13.jpg

No. 5 - Day 23 (since seed was planted)
The youngest and smallest
2013-08-17_14_32_29.jpg

Good morning doopie. ;)

Your girls are definitely small for their age, but still alive so can be saved. Not sure about the purple discoloration on leaf tips.
At over 4 weeks old I might consider 1/4 strength nutes with maybe some root enhancer to try and stimulate healthy root growth, I used Technaflora root 66 to give roots a kick start. If you do feed try to keep the PPM under 300. The little girls are lacking something that's for sure. Just to give you an idea, my Blue Mystic are pretty much the same age and they are starting the 4th week nutrient feed schedule now.Maybe, if your comfortable with it, talk to your hydroponic store guy again.
Hope this helped, and good luck man:thumb:

Cool doopie, I'm glad they are finally growing for you.:thumb:
The roots look good, I don't grow in soil but just judging by the visible roots on the plant when you pulled it out of the pot, I don't think it was to early to transplant. Hopefully they will explode for you now.;)

Could be nute burn but I think the LED's are to close to the plants Doopie. See how the leaves are folding up like a taco shell. Raise your light to at least 24 inches above the plants and they should get much better. I keep my LED lights almost 36 inches above the plants now, and I get almost no stretch and very tight node spacing and they grow fine with the lights that high above them. ;)
Good luck

The sooner the better for sure. Once I moved my Light up the curled leaves stayed that way, the damage never really goes away but all new growth will be fine.

My plants at 3 weeks. You can really see how the leaves were curling up like a taco on the Kush and it was just starting on the Widow. Its like the plant was getting sunburn from the LED's

IMG_117713.JPG

Have a great day man. ;)

Back
Top Bottom