Doopie's Coco LED & CFL - Blue Mystic - 1st Time - Grow

Yeah they do seem a little slow, but my rockwool was a little too wet at first also. That could be the problem, next time I'm gonna do the paper towel method to get the seeds to crack.

Re: doopie's Coco LED & CFL *Blue Mystic* -1st time- grow

Another little update. Still growing so slow :(
My thermometer still hasn't arrived, but I think the temperatures in the cabinet were too high, since then I leave the doors open...

No. 1 - Day 18 (since seed was planted)
I watered her today with some nutes. Less than 1/4 of the recommended dose of Hesi TNT Complex.
2013-08-02_15_58_58.jpg

No. 2 - Day 15 (since seed was planted)
She's still enjoying the sun. And growing much faster than the others (most probably because of having sun instead of the LEDs)
2013-08-02_15_59_58.jpg
2013-08-02_15_59_49.jpg

No. 3 - Day 15 (since seed was planted)
The leaves are sorta pointing upwards. I think because of the heat?
2013-08-02_15_59_08.jpg

Also got watered today with less than 1/4 of the recommended dose of Hesi TNT Complex.

No. 4 - Day 15 (since seed was planted)
Seems like she's not growing at all :(
2013-08-02_16_02_21.jpg

Seedling 5 - Day 7 (since seed was planted)
Also out in the sun and doing well.
2013-08-02_16_00_20.jpg

are you checking the pH of the water you are using to water your plants? you want pH 5.8 for hydroponic and soiless (peat moss and coco coir) and pH 6.5 for soil. i would not add any nutrients to your plants until they are 4-5 inches tall and have 5 nodes. if your leaves begin to look worse i would flush your pots with twice the volume as the pot size in pH adjusted water.

Looking good doopie, especially the sun worshiper. ;)
Now i'm anxious to go see my blue girls. Going to a friends party tonight, so no chance to go check on them but tomorrow for sure!!

:thumb:

Looking good doopie, especially the sun worshiper. ;)
Now i'm anxious to go see my blue girls. Going to a friends party tonight, so no chance to go check on them but tomorrow for sure!!

:thumb:

You saved my girls Doopie!!! I saw the new pics you posted yesterday and your little girls looked so nice, I couldn't resist going to check on my girls. Thanks to you I found the power was off to my closet after a thunder storm. I got everything back up and running just in time I think. No major damage done to my Kush and widow and no damage at all to my little blue girls. If I had of waited untill today like i was going to the damage would have been much much worse. Scary thoughts :(
I smoked a BIG fatty in your honor today my friend.
Thanks

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Yea I saw, got a lil heart attack when I read that there was no power for 24-48h :yikes:. Glad to have motivated you to check on them early :Rasta:

Btw how come you cant check them more often? I always cant wait to see how my babies are doing.

I have younger children and don't really want to grow in my home, also the wife knows I'm growing but I'd be sleeping on the couch permanently if i grew in the house. I'm growing at a close friends that I trust fully, I'm renting a spare room. The room is locked, and the closets are locked also just so there are no mis-understandings. I can go over when ever I want cause its only 2 mins from my house but I choose to wait till every 2nd or 3rd day just for the surprise at how fast the girls grow. Its kinda a hassel, but you do what you gotta do.
Happy wife, Happy life. ;)

:rollit:

Ah that makes sense. Nice solution though :cheesygrinsmiley:

My girlfriend wasn't very happy that I'm growing at home either. But it took some convincing and now she accepts it but still isn't exactly a big supporter...

I feel ya brotha. :amen:

Hey doopie, just checking in, looked through your journal, I think you figured it out, but over-watering seems to be your issue to me. It VERY easy to over water/over fert seedlings. As others have said NO fertilizer until they mature a bit, poor baby plants cant handle it. Also over-watering is one of the most common things, you want to be nice to your babies and give them attention, aka water, but it VERY easy to give them too much. Marijuana loves a semi-arid environment, dry out completely then a nice soak. At least that is how I do it.

Anyhow I am subbed, love me the LED grows!

Hey doopie, just checking in, looked through your journal, I think you figured it out, but over-watering seems to be your issue to me. It VERY easy to over water/over fert seedlings. As others have said NO fertilizer until they mature a bit, poor baby plants cant handle it. Also over-watering is one of the most common things, you want to be nice to your babies and give them attention, aka water, but it VERY easy to give them too much. Marijuana loves a semi-arid environment, dry out completely then a nice soak. At least that is how I do it.

Anyhow I am subbed, love me the LED grows!

Thanks, yea you're definitely right. But for the last 12 days I now really only water when the first 2-3inch are dry, which has been the case every 3-4 days.

The leaves didn't show any bad signs after I watered them for the first time with nutes, but they didn't show much growth either :(

I watered them again yesterday, to be safe without any nutes, just pH 5.8 water.

I also moved the LED up even higher as you can see here:
2013-08-06_14_16_24.jpg

And here are my babies:
2013-08-06_14_17_25.jpg

1 - 22 days from seed
2-4 - 19 days from seed
5 - 11 days from seed

As you can see, the thermometer has finally arrived and I actually found out that the cabinet gets much hotter than I thought (I used the thermometer on my phone before, which doesn't have min/max).
Pretty much when I closed the doors, the temperature would get close to 100 Fahrenheit!

Now I only close the doors when I have visitors and I put some frozen bottles of water inside (which really help for a few hours). Other than that I leave the doors open and the temperatures stay around 80-90F. Humidity is between 35-60%.

So those high temperatures might actually have stunned them... :( As you can see, they still haven't grown much.

100 degrees is WAY to high. You need to get an exhaust and/or intake fan. If funds are tight can get cheap bathroom exhaust fan at Home Depot/hardware store. Should not need much since LED.

Why so hot? Hot where you at and no A/C? It been hot here last month and no A/C so my seedlings started out slow.

With regards to water, it VERY easy to overwater seedlings, most common mistake I seen/done. I am not an expert on pH but I think 5.8 is WAY to low for soil. Check around but I think should be on order of 6.8-7.0. CORRECTION: you are using a soil less mix, so I think 5.8 is good.

Heat and overwater are really slowing your babies down.

Yep, it's Coco. Which luckily is also harder to overwater, but anyways I'm keeping myself from watering them too often :D

The weather here is pretty hot, around 90F during the day. Like I said, it only gets to 100 degrees when the doors are closed - it didn't really matter whether the A/C was on or not.

I did get a 4" exhaust fan, but it didn't help much, so I think I might get a 6" one and keep using the 4" for intake...

Good morning doopie, The girls are looking fine, at least they aren't dead. I think you found your problems and now you can fix them.
;)

Have a good day, and stay medicated my friends.

:rollit:

Back
Top Bottom