LiquidBud's - RDWC - 1200W LED - Blue Mystic - First Grow Journal

LiquidBud

High :420: guys!

This is my first ever Journal and Grow, so please be patient with me as I may lack of experience.

What strain is it? Blue Mystic
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? Hybrid, don't know the percentages, but I think that Indica is dominant.
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? One week
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Hydro
Size of light? MarsII 1200 LED
Is it aircooled? No
Temp of Room/cab? 24-27 C
RH of Room/cab? 35-70
PH of media or res? 5.9
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering? As needed
Type and strength of ferts used? I will be using Canna's complete pack on normal strenght's

So history of my plants is that I popped 5 seeds into rockwool cubes, 1 didn't germinate, 1 baby born with injuries,1 had problems with going out, 2 babies were fine and beautiful. Oh.. I did soak cubes in water + start solution for some time, shook them well to get rid of some water.
And 4 babies were growing, but long story short I screwed up and accidently killed 2 of my girls by not being careful :)
Now there is one seed still germinating, another one is on its 4th day on surface.

My lights now are about 60-70 cm from top of the plant on/off 18/6. Still haven't fed plants with any nutes besides some start solution and rhyzotonic as I am waiting for the roots to stick out of the bucket. Or should I mix some solution and top-feed them ?

May I present you my ladies ;}

First one
IMGP3741.JPG
IMGP3738.JPG

Second one
IMGP3737.JPG
IMGP3736.JPG

Third one
rsz_imgp3744.jpg
varwwwclientsclient1web2tmpphp85fhng.jpg

That's it guys, please feel free to comment, ask questions, looking into observations.

:peacetwo:

Guys, if u ever see my post, could you please answer the questions. Im strugling to find to answers myself ;(
1. As I run DWC, I've put mine plants into net pots, but im keeping them on top of my buckets ( not touching the water ), waiting for the roots to come out. Is it the right way to do it? I mean waiting for the roots to come out? Or should i put it near water, in dedicated hole for the net pot, and then wait for the roots to show ?
2.Also, I will be using tap water which EC is 0.3, but the water seems to be strong and after water evaporates it leaves white markings. Im worried about, that this water would harm my plants? You can see some while/brighter spots on Plant#1 #2 leave edges, I'm guessing thats water. I have no chance to put water filter, do I have options to fights this issue off?

Hi LiquidBud.

I've no experience with RDWC and so not suited to answer your questions.

I would however like to welcome you to 420 Magazine and the community that gathers here!

Also by responding I'll give your post a bump and reposition it higher in the feed so that others may notice and respond.

Welcome, be well and happy growing.

I run RDWC, I have the water touching the bottom of my net pot, maybe about 1/4 inch of the net pot in water, but then again I use 6' nets so it's different from yours since 1/4 in water you'll have your rockwool soaking.

I believe the white build up you speak of is calcium in your water, which isn't a horrible thing seeing as your plants needs calcium anyways. From the pics, they look healthy, nothing to be concerned about. Once your plant starts doing weird stuff, then worry about it, because as of right now, they are doing just fine with what you're giving them, so if you try to combat the calcium, you might trigger some other issue and cause a lockout.

I have about ant 1" of clay pebbles on the bottom of the pot, and then goes rockwool. I haven't put them straight into system, cause i saw no point in doing so, cause there was no roots visible. Ok, then.. gonna try putting them back into theyr place and wait till roots grow out.

If you have 1' of pebble, then I would fill up the bucket till it is about 1/4 in the water, the bubbles will splash and wick up to your rockwool. I use rapid rooter so it might soak up differently. Keep that in mind.

Well, maybe you're right. I just didn't want to go halfway into yielding and end up knowing that i had to fix that problem. But now, I'm much more relaxed :}

DAY 13! LiquidBud's RDWC/1200W LED, Blue Mystic, FirstGrow Journal

DAY 13!

High guys!

I just thought I will upload some pictures of my grow room its 130x156x250cm, I have cold air intake in the bottom of the left corner, also hot air outlet in the corner of top right with 4'' fan (I dunno bout, if its really enough for me, because I'm not getting any negative air going on everybodys been talking about ).
Also there is one office fan, it sucks, but it does it job.. It's really hard to deal with it's legstands, one leg is sticking out of GR..
I've noticed, that my room RH can drop really fast up to 30%, but time to time I am spraying water all around my walls and plants to fix that RH up to 60-70%. But doing the spray thing is time consuming and quite constant. I tried a wet towel, but that seem to help very little. I guess I will have to get ultrasonic humidifier, cause regular humidifier which is swirling the water all over around in the bucket is also not working for me ;(
Maybe some one of you guys have an opinion on this ?
Should I twist my head thinking about it or not ?

Well, there goes the pictures..

imgp3752.jpg
imgp3748.jpg

Thank you guys for your attention, come back to check on my girls later ;}

yo bro cuple notes that i found out along the way on my grow. remove the fan its unesesary at this point. take a spray botle and spray the tent and plants 2 times a day. at this point those huge buckets ar a waste of nutrients i sugest you take 4 litre buckets cut the lids round and fit your nets in them until you are at week 4-5. the buckets you have there are way to big for now. tap water is a no no use rain distiled or reverse osmosis water you have to find the solution with the water now cause when you gonna be on flowering the plants will suck up more than a litre of water not to mention you will have to do water changes every 2 weeks minimum on those buckets. i use rain water and never had a problem also never checked ec etc on that rain water the ph of my rain water was 6 and thats all i care about.

yo bro cuple notes that i found out along the way on my grow. remove the fan its unesesary at this point. take a spray botle and spray the tent and plants 2 times a day. at this point those huge buckets ar a waste of nutrients i sugest you take 4 litre buckets cut the lids round and fit your nets in them until you are at week 4-5. the buckets you have there are way to big for now. tap water is a no no use rain distiled or reverse osmosis water you have to find the solution with the water now cause when you gonna be on flowering the plants will suck up more than a litre of water not to mention you will have to do water changes every 2 weeks minimum on those buckets. i use rain water and never had a problem also never checked ec etc on that rain water the ph of my rain water was 6 and thats all i care about.

Hey simoto!

Thanks for these insights! I have a few problems with your suggestions, so I can't:
1.After the bucket system is fixed inside, I can not remove the buckets out from gr without sawing off pipes :) So, that makes me sticking to the large buckets. I would really swap them if I could, but right now I can't find the time or thoughts for that.
2.This is apartment/flat grow, there is no possibilities to collect rain water ( such quantities of it, as I would need roughly 100l for my system). Could you please explain why R/O or distilled/ rain water is needed, and tap water is no good ?
3. I'm keeping the fan for stronger stems, i've read somewhere that if air is shaking plant a bit, stems grow bigger and stronger. Also, I'm keeping it, cause temperatures raise up to 30c.

Hi LiquidBud,

I used to grow RDWC for years, but now I'm a soil geek.

Here's some tips...

I always kept the water level ALMOST touching the bottom of the net. With an air stone in the bucket, it splashes the net, media etc and draws the roots out to the water.

30c is the exact temp I keep my tents at. Peak photosynthesis occurs at that temp. Stop worrying about humidity during veg, unless it's way high. Low humidity makes it easy for the plants to transpire.

The only thing you need to worry about with water is metals and chlorine. Your calcium content is fine, but a nuisance because a crust builds up EVERYWHERE. If you want to foliar spray, get some distilled water to use so you don't spot everything up.

Air movement will stiffen the stems up. Just don't blast them full on all the time.

Follow the nutrient chart and you'll do fine.

Welcome to 420 Mag!

tap water has chlorine and other disinfectands also this are the things we know it contains. besides that it needs to be ph'ed and the the type of ec its unknown . i am drinking filtered water so why not grow my plants with an equiveland water you will be suprised on what you will find in your tap water if you have it analysed. silicon makes branches stronger. my plants have woody like stems gues what.. never had a fan in there they were standing still until now 0 leaf movement so trust me its all about nutrients you dont even need co2 if you grow with good nutrients usually plants need co2 if they are underfed also keep in mind i once made some co2 by reacting baking soda with vinegar i filled a 2 litre bottle and than pushed the bottle on top of 1 plant to let the co2 out as it is heavier than air it naturally went down on my plant top next day the top was destroyed with symptoms of overfert all brown with spots imo and because i havent found any study on what air composition would work better i dont bother mess with the air in general i only exaust to let the extra humidity that the plants transpire when they are so big. trust me if anything you stresing the plants with all that air and slowing the growth you can see on my journal i have pictures of the stok and branches thick and strong like sticks of wood. maybe a very lite breeze like the one you will have going on when you will turn on your exaust would be beneficial but really i wouldn't keep that fan blowing this ladies like they are trees. also lst makes branches hard as wood but i found it unecesary for the most part maybe here and there to even out the canopy but not until week 5 . trust me i didnt read somewere i read everywhere thats how i went from a bugseed outdoor soil grow to a dwc grow and achieved this wonderfoul imo resaults check out my journal there are some usefoul info and what ii did . i wish you have a painless and hasle free grow. remeber to change your res every week although with those huge buckets i would suggest 1/4 nuts for your first 2-3 weeks depended on the growth check your ph at least once a day for optimal results and remember to check your water because as your water level drops the ec increases and on week 7 of total grow you gonna transpire at least a litre of water. i forgot to tell you that your rockwool will have to be in the water halfway. also you should really find a solution for those buckets it will be a problem for 2 weeks after that your plants will have sufficient roots and it will not mater but until than you wil just gonna waste nuts especially if you gonna follow a grow schedule my plants they needed 4ml of each of my 3 part nut on your stage (4 ml/L foul dose 1ml/L 1/4 dose) would need 1x how many litres this bucket is to achieve the same ec. please dont use full strength until week 4 you gonna burn them in no time. imo start at 1/4 until week 2 go to 1/2 for weeks 3-4 and than use full strength from week 5 untill flush all this info does not come out of my head its weeks of research and personal experience i want this mist to thrive and to help you. i know the fealling when you go to check them out and find burned leaves it sucks. don't forget to change airstones every 2 weeks the clog up with time.

Re: DAY 13! LiquidBud's RDWC/1200W LED, Blue Mystic, FirstGrow Journal

nutrients burn symptoms and underfert symptoms are hard to tell apart on a first grow i tell them apart by reading on my paper journal what i did i can tell you for sure since you have used full strength on such a small plants that this is an over fert and it will delay your growth for 3 days or until you lower the ec and as i mentioned having to deal with ec problems with all that water will stress you to much besides my personal opinion its generally agreed that less is better when it comes to nuts on the growing cycle. cheers! :) .

Re: DAY 13! LiquidBud's RDWC/1200W LED, Blue Mystic, FirstGrow Journal

Week 3
Its a start of week 3 for 2 plants, week 2 for 1 and week 1 for last one.

What's up everybody, hopefully everything's fine with you guys. This is my slow thread update about week 2 progress, feedings, issues and issue fixes that I plan to do and in the end I will treat you with some pictures of my girls.

Lessons learned

Do not add nutes before adjusting pH. This lesson shows me that I have to adjust pH before adding nutes, cause seems that pH can't be adjusted when nutes are there. They just keep pH steady af. For the first time I've added maybe 6 caps of pH down, and after an hour pH went back to it's default value. Earlier, I had to add just a half cap of pH down to achieve results I needed.

Get a water chiller. Well, on my first res change i've noticed that my res. temps. are really high. And guess what, iced bottles doesn't work, well they do work for like 15 minutes, and then theres no ice in the bottles. So I'm gonna build watter chiller from Peltier chip and PC water cooling system. I've been testing this system yesterday, it seem to work ok, but I still need some parts to this project to finish it up. Oh yeah, at the end of the day I've managed to burn my Peltier chip down, so going today to get anotehr one ;}

Humidifier. I need to get a descent humidifier which would have ultrasonic option. I have a regular humidifier which is basicaly a bowl and a top with somekind of motor which spins a plastic to move water around. Long story short, those humidifier's are no good.

Statistics

Light mode: 18/6
Room temp: MAX:30C, MIN 23C
Water temp: MAX:30C, MIN 22C ( Ofc they are a lot lower on the time of refill or res change )
Room RH% : 30%-55%

Added nutes:
Canna Aqua Vega A+B 2*100ml (for ±100 liters of system)
Canna Rhyzotonic 200 ml

Res. Change.

Few days ago was the first time I've changed the res completely. It was interesting cause me and my wife dind't know how good collecting all water from buckets will be, but everything went fine i guess. Water pump did more than 75% of work by pumping the water into waste bucket, so I can take it and spill it out. After pump is not reaching water anymore, we have to take what's left by cup or towels. After theres no water inside we have cleaned the buckets throughout, two times with Frosch cleaner and then with water+peroxide spraying and drying.
However water was really warm and slimey everywhere, and I know why the water went slimey on me, well ofc it has to do with the temperature, buuuut I had a really bad water flow in my buckets because, returning water hose was in res buckets bottom where connection with grow buckets start. In my opinion I had bad flow or the water wasnt mixing enough to be the "living" (moving) water. So I have moved my hose so it could spill the water on top of the bucket ;)

The life of "Spirit leveler"

Don't worry if you didn't understand me :) It's the name of my youngest plant which was born or saw this cruel world on 02/26, since then he has joined the gang of youngsters. After few hours of Spirit being in GR, i've found him laying down. I quickly picked some toothpicks and help him stand and after few hours he could stand by himself again. So I was happy for this and I didn't touch that plant anymore from that moment. But today, I just slightly touched it and it fell down.. What I found the problem is that plant in the rockwool looks like L shape. I mean roots start from one point, then horizontally last 5mm or so, and then grows up. So the middle point isnt holding the plant as it should. I did something for now again, but what would be the propper way i dont know ;( I just added some toothpicks again, and played little bit with it so it could stand and hopefully recover from this ;(

.....Thoughts of LiquidBud.....
:hmmmm:

I have also topped the plants which are hitting week 3, and I really expect myself to be successful, cause i'm desperate, I have already killed 2 babies
:rip:
, I don't want to lose nor these 2 nor the little guy which is showing signs off dieing.

When I thought of updating my journal I thought that I have so much to say about it, that it would take 2 pages when I will tell everything about the action going on. But it seems to be not so much after all. That makes some good summarized info.

P.S The upload of the pictures is not working for me properly seems that I can't upload no pictures. It tells that the pictures was uploaded successfully,but I can only see the old ones. Gonna check later for that:(

Nice update, Liquid! I wish I could offer suggestions, but I don't know anything about Hydroponics growing. I'm sure you'll get everything sorted out. There have bee some good comments already.

The picture upload isn't working for some other people, too. Just keep trying. We need pics!! :cheer:

Hehe :} Pics are on their way :) I hope so... going to check and see
Yeah people here is really helpful :) I've got some input from them so I can try to perform all trix they're suggesting.
Sometime theres just no resources for something to do :) So I guess I have to find alternatives myself. Ppl say that nobody knows better except yourself. Cheers :}

I'm actually opposite. I mute first then oh adjust. Maybe it's the type of bytes your using.

Hi noobiegrow! Thanks for comming back :}
By bytes u mean nutes ?
What type of nutes you're using ?

Canna's bottle label says -"Due to special bla bla bla...it is not nescessary to adjust the pH levels after setting it initially"
Maybe my poor english skills translates this incorrectly :D But I think that would be after pH is adjusted :> Im gonna test it this friday if its the true, cause right now as i have mentioned, I cant adjust pH... well i can, but for a little time. It goes back to 7.5. I dont see any effects on the plants yet, they seem to be enjoying theyr baths :>

Back
Top Bottom