Kundal1n1's - Soil - Blue Mystic - 2016

I made some pictures with a macro lens.
Feel free to give suggestions.
I've been staring myself blind at these calyxes... or might that be the EMF from the CFL's.. lol (i swear i just got a faceburn from them)

Sexing 101.

Specimen A;
plant172.jpg

Specimen B;
plant270.jpg

Now the million bud question; will this couple ever have babies, will they be smoked or will they both end up being composted and turn into tomatoes?

(my guess is A is male, B is ... female? )

As I said earlier... I have looked at them too much lol, I see pink dinosaurs they could be double hermies.

Hmmm, still a little hard to tell even though they do look like balls eh? I'd give them a couple more days at least and see what happens. Hoping you don't have to start over, but I guess that is part of the process unless a person buys feminized seeds. If anything I know for sure you have learned a lot from these 2 regardless of their sex. Sending out some good vibes to them and hopefully they get the message to stop messing around lol. Best of luck my friend!

Hmmm, still a little hard to tell even though they do look like balls eh? I'd give them a couple more days at least and see what happens. Hoping you don't have to start over, but I guess that is part of the process unless a person buys feminized seeds. If anything I know for sure you have learned a lot from these 2 regardless of their sex. Sending out some good vibes to them and hopefully they get the message to stop messing around lol. Best of luck my friend!

Hehehe.. it seems quite silly indeed. I might try to do a little sea of green setup after this. And yes learned a lot about life, nature, our planet. I've only gained in all aspects. But I haven't given up hope yet. Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

Little update. It's been several days since I switched the light cycle over to 12/12. And there is no sign of pistils. One plant I'm sure of is male. The other one might be too. I'm just letting them be for now. I might need to abandon ship at some point. I have discovered something interesting however as I was searching if it were to be possible to germinate seeds under 12 12. Apparently it is possible and there are people even growing 12/12 from seed. The results fascinate me. So I have put 2 more bluemystic seeds in little soil pots and 2 mystery freebies in soil pots and have now joined the big bastards in the tent, excuse my french. I'm letting them be for now, but I'm fairly certain they are male. So I'm going to try a 12 12 from seed batch and see how that experiment will turn out.

Anyways, I have to say my spirits are a bit higher since I put those other seeds in soil so that motivates me to continue. During this summer I'm most definitely going to look at getting some feminized seeds and maybe modifying my grow space to expand it and upgrade it. So, stay tuned!

12/12 is definitely a good way to help indicate sex sooner i think. I did 12/12 on my blueberry and they all showed their sex pretty early and got transplantted to bigger pots. But next time im definitely going to get feminized seeds. Soil waste plus nutes and space equal more than the extra bucks for feminized seeds. Im gonna nab some clones of the healthiest blueberry that i know is a female also to see if i can boost the amount of them i have i recommend you clone too if u want to have more blue mystic than what you bought

12/12 is definitely a good way to help indicate sex sooner i think. I did 12/12 on my blueberry and they all showed their sex pretty early and got transplantted to bigger pots. But next time im definitely going to get feminized seeds. Soil waste plus nutes and space equal more than the extra bucks for feminized seeds. Im gonna nab some clones of the healthiest blueberry that i know is a female also to see if i can boost the amount of them i have i recommend you clone too if u want to have more blue mystic than what you bought

Awesome! Did you revert to 18/6 after they were showing their sex in 12/12?
I'm indeed interested in doing some clones when I find a female that is lol. I agree with you. It is definitely worth getting feminized seeds seeing how much time and soil is wasted growing males. Ah well.. gotta have some experience first I guess to make that call. Cheers for stopping by Salchipapa
Have a good one. Noobsunite! Hahaha

Awesome! Did you revert to 18/6 after they were showing their sex in 12/12?
I'm indeed interested in doing some clones when I find a female that is lol. I agree with you. It is definitely worth getting feminized seeds seeing how much time and soil is wasted growing males. Ah well.. gotta have some experience first I guess to make that call. Cheers for stopping by Salchipapa
Have a good one. Noobsunite! Hahaha

I didn't only because as a noob (NOOBS UNITE lol:laughtwo:) I didnt want to stress them out or stunt growth so theyre still running 12/12, definitely gonna have some pics of how far theyve come and dont get disappointed with the freebies either. I had 2 die on me and 1 that was super dank smelling be a male after a lot of growth BUT finally this one i have gave out very very sativa leaves and crazy fast growth and its a female so its a win! when i saw the white pistils coming out I had the urge to do the mad scientist laugh lol But anyways MANY good vibes your way on the new germinations i'll still be here till the end!

Any other pics... Zoom in on those pre flowers... They look very healthy kundal... I mean Dick23rk, no no I was right kundal. (inside joke w/Dick) lol... They will mature quickly now, keep a close eye on them.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Certainly, I'll shoot some pics of the balls this evening. Lol.

Any other pics... Zoom in on those pre flowers... They look very healthy kundal... I mean Dick23rk, no no I was right kundal. (inside joke w/Dick) lol... They will mature quickly now, keep a close eye on them.

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Haha, good one Snid!!

Do you guys think it's a good idea to grow a batch 12 12 from seed or would it be a waste of time? I'm concerned about my lighting choice and running a setup like that. It seemed like a good idea at first. Now I'm not so sure anymore.

It is definitely possible and not a bad idea. Yields will be less but they will grow pretty much like an autoflower plant. They will still have a bit of a veg period before they mature enough to show sex. I can't remember exactly but my 12/12 from seed plants showed sex right around 3 weeks, same as my auto's. I have done it a couple of times. My photoperiod plants didn't grow very big this time, 1 got to be around 2 feet tall but I only got like 5 grams from it lol. Mind you these were all bag seeds as well and had been sitting around for a couple years in the garage. I also did not have proper growing conditions at first and was only using pro mix, no nutrients. These were my experimental plants lol
I'd say with only having the cfl's the may not get very big either. You could always try it if you have some bag seeds or relatively cheap seeds just to try it out and see how it goes.

Haha, good one Snid!!

It is definitely possible and not a bad idea. Yields will be less but they will grow pretty much like an autoflower plant. They will still have a bit of a veg period before they mature enough to show sex. I can't remember exactly but my 12/12 from seed plants showed sex right around 3 weeks, same as my auto's. I have done it a couple of times. My photoperiod plants didn't grow very big this time, 1 got to be around 2 feet tall but I only got like 5 grams from it lol. Mind you these were all bag seeds as well and had been sitting around for a couple years in the garage. I also did not have proper growing conditions at first and was only using pro mix, no nutrients. These were my experimental plants lol
I'd say with only having the cfl's the may not get very big either. You could always try it if you have some bag seeds or relatively cheap seeds just to try it out and see how it goes.

Lol 5 grams, hmm.. in a way better than smoking male plants eh? :)
In the other way, it might be a good time for me to fast-track grow-tent expansion. I'm not sure if I want to spend more time and energy with low yield you know what I'm sayin... (ever seen trailer park boys?)
But I definitely need more room, I've noticed growing the last two plants how big they really get.. I feel like right now, my space
is good enough for growing one plant, which is what I had planned for initially.. failed.
Two plants in there and it's a dense jungle with little wiggle room. I feel like I want to double the space and double the wattage on the lights. It's probably a good idea to start looking at getting a HID. Hmm.. feeling a little overwhelmed.. it's a steep learning curve indeed.. maybe i'll try the 12/12 deal. Choices choices.. am I thinking out loud again ? Cheers for checking up on me buddy. Got some new pics to show down here. Theres no pistils on those plants man.. Lol... first grow nice plants, nothing to show for.. except maybe some hash ? :)

Update on day:: whtever

It's the most wonderful time of the year..
The plants are showing their beautiful canna balls off.
Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. And I do apologize for my grouchyness.

Grow-tent-overview.
4 little pots in the corner, another 2 Bluemystic and 2 Freebies.
Center the 50 something day old bluemystics, looking fabulous I must say.

IMG_51707.JPG

Closeup of sex plant 1 on the left.
(male?)

IMG_51713.JPG

Closeup of sex plant 2 on the right.
(male?)

IMG_51745.JPG

IMG_51755.JPG

I believe them to be male, the spade shape, the short stem underneath, no pistils..
Oh the drudgery. Ah well.. maybe i'll make some butter or whatever hash there is.
Must say I've learned alot and feel confident now more so about my growing skills.
I'm looking forward to continuing to grow. Yes my ego is a bit hurt, I feel slightly embarrassed. But whatever really,
that's life.. gotta keep trotting. Keep growing. I'm sure i'll end up with some good medicine eventually. Cheers :)

Update on day:: whtever

It's the most wonderful time of the year..
The plants are showing their beautiful canna balls off.
Feel free to correct me if i'm wrong. And I do apologize for my grouchyness.

Grow-tent-overview.
4 little pots in the corner, another 2 Bluemystic and 2 Freebies.
Center the 50 something day old bluemystics, looking fabulous I must say.

IMG_51707.JPG

Closeup of sex plant 1 on the left.
(male?)

IMG_51713.JPG

Closeup of sex plant 2 on the right.
(male?)

IMG_51745.JPG

IMG_51755.JPG

I believe them to be male, the spade shape, the short stem underneath, no pistils..
Oh the drudgery. Ah well.. maybe i'll make some butter or whatever hash there is.
Must say I've learned alot and feel confident now more so about my growing skills.
I'm looking forward to continuing to grow. Yes my ego is a bit hurt, I feel slightly embarrassed. But whatever really,
that's life.. gotta keep trotting. Keep growing. I'm sure i'll end up with some good medicine eventually. Cheers :)
Plant #2 does look to be a dude.... it is disheartening I know... Plant #1 wait to see if the balls start rise on a stem like Plant #2 .... hope that helps. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

Plant #2 does look to be a dude.... it is disheartening I know... Plant #1 wait to see if the balls start rise on a stem like Plant #2 .... hope that helps. Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

Well actually because of the angle of the picture of plant 1 the little stem under the ball is hidden but it is there. It looks exactly the same on both plants. So yeah.. still trying to muster up the courage to chop them down.

Back
Top Bottom