Kundal1n1's - Soil - Blue Mystic - 2016

Day 29. I conquered my fear and FIM'ed the blue mystics.
I hope I did a good job. Seems that way though. I compared it with pictures found on the forums.
What do you folks think?

Here's a picture before to see the nice growth. Plants were creating the 5th node.

And here's the two FIM'ed at 5th node.

Any feedback is appreciated. This is my first FIM ever.

Day 30 since the seeds went into the soil.

Hi there everyone! Hope you're all having a great day!
It's been two days since I fim'ed the blue mystics.
I can't really tell what's happening, seems like the top has stretched a little. Time will tell if the fimming was a success or not.

I did however notice the lower branches have grown faster and are bigger now. That's a good effect I believe to have happened after the fim.
Bushy plant with flat canopy is what I'm creating, the more branches with tops the better. That way I can maximize efficiency with my CFL lights. After the side branches have grown more I will use LST techniques of bending. I'm considering building a Scrog net. Not sure about that yet as I'd like to keep the plants standalone. Maybe bending and tying twisty ties to the pots will work just as good and I can freely move the plants around still.

Here's some pictures clearly showing lower branches have grown bigger as well as the fimmed top got a little bigger too. Still doubting whether I fim'ed it properly as I've never done anything like this. Ah well.. patience..padawan I tell myself.

Day 31.
Watered with Seamagic Atlantic kelp concentrate.
Plants have picked up growth again.
Those lateral branches are growing big now.
Nodes are forming orbs, strengthening them. Main stem at the base is very thick and burst through its skin several times! Woah these are some intense plants!
No sign of sex yet. RH is at 50%.
Temp at 75f.
I'm seeing lots of roots at the bottom of the pots, soon going to have to transplant again. It's been maybe two weeks since the last one. Lol. Anyways here are some pics, showing topview the fim job and Sideview showing lateral growth. Enjoy!

Blue mystic 1

Blue Mystic 2

Hey Kundal! Just got finished catching up on your thread. Things are looking really good over there, nice and healthy. Good job on the FIM as well, you will definitely see a big difference. Thanks for stopping in on my journal as well, im sure we will be back and forth now to one anothers now. Keep up the good work! I look forward to more updates and pics. Best of luck and take care!

Hey Kundal! Just got finished catching up on your thread. Things are looking really good over there, nice and healthy. Good job on the FIM as well, you will definitely see a big difference. Thanks for stopping in on my journal as well, im sure we will be back and forth now to one anothers now. Keep up the good work! I look forward to more updates and pics. Best of luck and take care!

Yes definitely. I look forward to following your grow. As I'm considering Cropkingseeds for future endeavors. Interesting choice of medium. Learning lots !

Looking good and the film looks fine. Just spread back the foliage and you should be able to see clearly now new points of growth! Also with CFLs your plants will stay more squat until flowering stretch hits :)

Ah thanks for the affirmation. Had no idea what to expect really. Interesting what you shared about the CFL'S. Little curious as to what would cause that. Thanks for the info, it helps a lot!

Day 34
Transplanted the plants into bigger pots.
Watered thoroughly with Ormus monoatomic gold solution. Plants are now 6 inch tall. Good growth, the FIM made them bush out. I have to raise the lights every day about 1 inch they grow so fast.

I measured light levels with light meter and it's showing a good range of 1000 to 2000 foot candles.

I wonder if I'd have to top them in a week. It still looks a lot like a Christmas tree shape. Lateral branches are growing in very well.

No sign of pests or deficiencies.
RH at 50 to 60%
Temp at 75f.

Start of LST.
I looked at pictures and saw this amazing LST of a plant where it was trained around in a circular fashion. I'm hoping to create something similar. Anyways whatever works I guess. Not really sure what I'm doing since this is my first grow so I'll just go with the flow.
Plants are doing amazing!
I'm using lst after the fim job to expose the lateral branches more to the light and then bend them over as well. Creating a flat canopy with lots of colas. I'm taking my time for vegging as to develop a good base for flowers. Following is a picture of them both together. I used coat hangers clipped and made into a u-shape to stake them down. No roots were harmed in the doing of such because I transplanted them only 24hr ago. I have bent the main stem over to start LST.
Any advice welcome.

2016-04-11_00_09_27.jpg

Very nice kundal, I am sure they will like their new pots and start growing nicely for you. On a side note for your lst.. If you notice that the main stem is starting to lean to much due to the upper lst bend, you can counter this by anchoring the lower part of them stem to the opposite side of your pot ( drill small hole in side of pot and anchor here ) for added strength and to keep it from pulling sideways on you as it grows. I had to do this on a couple of my photos so I just wanted to let you know in case you see this happening. You can always just go ahead and do it just in case for future as well.
Keep up the good work, best of luck and take care!

Lst looking good! Are those the final pots theyll go in?

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420

Yes, I just checked on them after a good night's rest and noticed everything has reoriented itself back to the light. Amazing feat! They seem to be okay with the bending.
As to answer your question, I'm not sure. I do have another bigger size of pots laying around. Their roots like space.. so I might still transplant one more time. I'll probably keep the LST easily removable for that purpose. I guess it will depend on how they are feeling. :)

Very nice kundal, I am sure they will like their new pots and start growing nicely for you. On a side note for your lst.. If you notice that the main stem is starting to lean to much due to the upper lst bend, you can counter this by anchoring the lower part of them stem to the opposite side of your pot ( drill small hole in side of pot and anchor here ) for added strength and to keep it from pulling sideways on you as it grows. I had to do this on a couple of my photos so I just wanted to let you know in case you see this happening. You can always just go ahead and do it just in case for future as well.
Keep up the good work, best of luck and take care!

Thanks for the advice. That's a really good idea. I might do that later today yeah. One of them is kinda leaning but always grew a bit like that. It's probably good for added stability later on as well when the buds come and there is more weight bearing down. Have a good one and thanks for stopping by! :)

Yes, I just checked on them after a good night's rest and noticed everything has reoriented itself back to the light. Amazing feat! They seem to be okay with the bending.
As to answer your question, I'm not sure. I do have another bigger size of pots laying around. Their roots like space.. so I might still transplant one more time. I'll probably keep the LST easily removable for that purpose. I guess it will depend on how they are feeling. :)

The less transplanting the better generally. Not so bad if you plan on a longer veg period but the transplant can slow growth for a few days. Seems that most will go from the seedlings home right to final bucket to minimize stress later on. Or some people will make a tier system and cut off the bottom half of their container and plant it right into the next size up. Just some things to keep in mind is all :) The plants are still doing great so just keep doing what you're doing!

Alright good because that was what i was going to bring up next. The LSTing would be easier in the final pots because if u have to remove everything and forgot where it was before or something itll just be messy. But sounds good and i love when they bounce back to the light quickly! Im going to be moving my blueberries soon too .

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420

Back
Top Bottom