Topher89's DWC Blue Mystic Grow

Ha! Sounds like a headache.... LOL!

I think I saw you mentioning that you are gonna be using HID lighting in your next grow... is that the one at your X's house, or do you plan on having one going for yourself as well?

I'd love to see what you can do with an HPS instead of CFLs. :bongrip:

I am definitely giving away my CFLs, saving a few 2700 k for side lights and for in the garage. The grow at my x-wifes will be small adn I'll still use CFLs, she doesn't have venting. I hope to start a grow here in March....with HID lights.

Day 28 - Res Change!

Good Morning!

So this morning I did a full Res change, and scrubbed everything with Hydrogen Peroxide. I also changed how my air lines came into the res, so that all the air stones are now sitting flat on the bottom.

I changed the nutrient solution to 2/3 normal veg nutrients... And again added 2 tsp Hydrogen Peroxide as well.

Instead of doing 5 gallons at once, I did 7 single gallons.
dumped 2 PHd gallons in, followed by a PHd gallon with the Hydrogen Peroxide. I mixed the next gallon with the nutrients, and then topped the rest of it off with 2 more gallons of pure PHd water.

I am hoping that doing things this way will insure I stay in the correct PH range!

OH, and I also added 1/2 a ML of MagiCal to the seedlings! Along with misting all the plants, I made sure the PH was correct in the AG, and covered the open holes with reflective tape.

And - I also moved the lights so the temps remain around 84... which puts them 8 inches off the top of the plants.

SANY1088.jpg

SANY1097.jpg

SANY1094.jpg

SANY1093.jpg

SANY1098.jpg

I am definitely giving away my CFLs, saving a few 2700 k for side lights and for in the garage. The grow at my x-wifes will be small adn I'll still use CFLs, she doesn't have venting. I hope to start a grow here in March....with HID lights.

Hell yea man glad u made the decision...i would go with 2-400w..spread light around better..
I wish i would have got a smaller fan cause the 6" inline is too big..It would be perfect for 2 400s

Are you misting or offering extra humidity?

I have been misting the plants off and on with a mixture that has pure water and B-1 Thrive Alive Red. (Very small amount of the nutrient) I have been misting both the bigger and seedlings once a day for the small girls, and 2-3 times for the bigger ladies. =-)

Is there something that I should be doing differently?

I am gonna be going to Home Depot and buying some chip board or something along those lines to make a "front door" for the flowering room, So I can vent through it... And also so I can start my plants on 18-6 without light leaking! *Excited*

My meters should be here today! (I hope) They were in Atlanta on the 5th, and without horrid weather, it is 1 day from there to here... So today or tomorrow! Woo!

I think you're doing everythimg as good as can be. VERY GOOD really.

Thanks friend, that means a ton! I really just want to get the right environment for the plants right now... I think once I have my temps, humidity, air circulation and lighting right.... Then the plants will do their thing. I have no doubt that the lights I have in the flower room will be sufficient through harvest, because I have seen people make do with much less in this size of space.

I think I am actually concerned with trying 6 plants in this setup. I have seen people grow plants that have 4 main colas, but that is all they are. I think that is what I want to aim for... 4 branches from each plant... Keeping them to about a foot wide at most each.

If I was able to keep the plants at 12" across each, then I could have one plant in each corner of the Rubbermaid... 4 plants 4 colas and hopefully some really nice buds. As much as this is a complete learning experience for me... I want it to be fruitful as well!

I started this journey back in April with little success over the summer months growing indoors... But then I intended to sell whatever I grew.

I've now met a few friends for a time past who I never knew smoked... And have decided to try and keep everything for them and myself... Just a few friends smoking some really good ganja. Where I reside you don't even have an option between "good" and "bad" you simply get whatever there is available... No named strains... Everything is simply "Green Bud".

Back
Top Bottom