Kundal1n1's - Soil - Blue Mystic - 2016

Day 36.

Added an anchor to the base of the stems. Thanks for the idea dick23rk. It works like a charm! :)
Noticed the first signs of pre-flowers. Too small to tell yet what they are going to be. The following week will be exciting I'm sure.
I'm liking the LST. It's given me lots more tops and the canopy is flat so I can move the lights closer.
Anyways here's some pics. Take care! :Namaste:

Day 38.
Not much happening. Main stem was sticking above the rest so I continued with some tlc lst.
There's this cool tutorial I've found which I am doing with the plants. Of course as long as I see fit to do so.
It's over here =>LST Low stress training of cannabis seeds plants

Tomorrow will be nutrient time. I will post more pics then.
Enjoy the scene of my little growing forest. Peace!

Watered with organic fertilizer.
Considering continuing LST or topping existing tops.Haven't decided yet. Maybe LST will be faster and not slow down growth as much?
Made pictures under a different lightsource. The CFL'S make the colors weird. The plants are super dark green. Just beautiful. Enjoy!

Very nice kundal, they are looking as healthy as can be! Seems like they are right in the zone you want, those leaves are the perfect color! Keep up the great work over there.

Thanks for the kind words people. I really appreciate it. :)
I've been keeping an eye on the preflowers, do they ever grow slow.. or maybe it's my impatience lol?
Anyways, I'm not 100% sure because they are still so very small. But it seems from what I can tell now that my intuition was right. It appears that the plant who smells more skunk will be male and the plant that smells like blueberries will be female. Now I have to let the preflowers develop a bit more to be positive. I have put a sticker on them with what I think they will be. But I'm probably right.. Our intuitive gifts are a powerful thing.

Now question for you fellas and ladies. Do you think I should continue LST or just top the existing tops to create more? Maybe both? Cheers, have a great weekend!

Watered with organic fertilizer.
Considering continuing LST or topping existing tops.Haven't decided yet. Maybe LST will be faster and not slow down growth as much?
Made pictures under a different lightsource. The CFL'S make the colors weird. The plants are super dark green. Just beautiful. Enjoy!

Hey Kundal I Think I've spotted some clawing on your leaves. This is why your green is soooo dark, it's nitrogen toxicity. You need to ease off the nitrogen nutes but keep continuing the other macros & micros. It's not a extremely bad thing, but they currently have too much nitrogen, let them use up what they have before adding more.

Keep it a little less Green... Lol... :green_heart:Cheers

Hey Kundal I Think I've spotted some clawing on your leaves. This is why your green is soooo dark, it's nitrogen toxicity. You need to ease off the nitrogen nutes but keep continuing the other macros & micros. It's not a extremely bad thing, but they currently have too much nitrogen, let them use up what they have before adding more.

Keep it a little less Green... Lol... :green_heart:Cheers

Haha lol. Okay thanks for the f33dback, I'll definitely let them do their thing. I'm guessing it might be because of the soil I am using. It's foxfarms ocean forest which has some nutrients in it already. Because I have barely given them any nutes apart from some kelp concentrate. Or might that be another source of N? Thanks for noticing! Cheers

Good observation there snid! I wasn't sure if maybe it was just the lighting that the pictures were taken under or if it was a nitrogen issue. My plants have some dark green to them as well and I noticed sometimes the different lighting can make the leaves look darker or lighter. I find the big fan leaves will start to go dark first so this is always something to watch for and catch before it start effecting the newer growth. I have been dialing in my nutrients and had to cut back to 3/4 strength of what they were getting of my micro and gro which provide my nitrogen among others and left the bloom at the same strength which contains 0 nitrogen.

Hope you get it worked out Kundal, everything else still looks good and healthy! Best of luck, take care!

Haha lol. Okay thanks for the f33dback, I'll definitely let them do their thing. I'm guessing it might be because of the soil I am using. It's foxfarms ocean forest which has some nutrients in it already. Because I have barely given them any nutes apart from some kelp concentrate. Or might that be another source of N? Thanks for noticing! Cheers

As far as I can see from searching there isn't any nitrogen in the kelp concentrate. Is it fox farms brand as well? Does it have the amounts on the front for N-P-K?

As far as I can see from searching there isn't any nitrogen in the kelp concentrate. Is it fox farms brand as well? Does it have the amounts on the front for N-P-K?

No it isn't fox farms, it does not have NPK on it , it's labeled as a growth hormone. So it might be alright to give that then. To be sure I'm definitely going to chill on the additives for a while. Maybe just some plain water for the next two waterings. I'm actually kinda happy something is happening lol. It seemed things were going a little too smoothly lol kinda made me feel a bit bored. Haha.. they're keeping me alert. Thanks for the help people. I'll keep you posted. Have a great evening!

Very good. Will be looking forward to see how it goes for ya. I wouldn't get to worried about it yet, my plants are pretty dark green as well and it hasn't slowed them down one bit haha. But if it gets to be way to much nitrogen it could start locking out other nutrients and then have a bigger problem. This is why I cut some of my nutes back today when I fed. Have a good one Kundal, chat at ya next time!

Very good. Will be looking forward to see how it goes for ya. I wouldn't get to worried about it yet, my plants are pretty dark green as well and it hasn't slowed them down one bit haha. But if it gets to be way to much nitrogen it could start locking out other nutrients and then have a bigger problem. This is why I cut some of my nutes back today when I fed. Have a good one Kundal, chat at ya next time!

Ah yes well worry is part of a first grow I'm sure.
I can tell you I've worried a lot about these plants. :)
I'm pretty sure they will be alright. Thanks for the help guys, I honestly had no idea. Whoops!

Day 43.

After the above people pointed out so kindly, the signs of nitrogen toxicity, I have given the blue mystics a good watering with plain water to soothe their spirits. I let them drip for a while.

I checked the preflowers again and they are still too small to really tell what it's going to be. Maybe I have it all backwards, or even they might both be male. Lol.. ahh yes the worries of a first grow. The doubt is creeping in.

I have vanquished the doubt by telling myself that whatever they turn out to be, I am grateful for all the wisdom I have learned from them and the knowledge of growing life in a plastic tent.

I also topped most tops just for the fun of it. Yes.. things are getting out of control.. lol.. uhh. . I am getting out of control lol.. but I disgress. Not that this is a journal ofcourse to dearly note all the inner and outer workings of growing. We're human after all.

Roots are appearing in massive numbers. The plants whisper they want to be in even bigger pots. I say, no problem.. soon.. getting them ready for flowering.

Also they are starting to smell more and more.
Here's some pictures. If you have read this far, I Grant you a golden star!

Good stuff over there Kundal. I like how you said you topped the tops just for the fun of it haha. They will really start bushing out now I bet. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say both of these will be female, just judging by their stature and bushyness. Make sure you up-pot before you decide to make the switch over to flower :) Nice to hear that the roots are so vigorous for you. What size pots are they in right now? What size will you be potting up to?
Glad that your are taking in lots of information from the forums. There are so many helpful people around here whether they help you directly in a journal or just by making informative posts about certain topics. This is certainly a great place to learn, laugh and grow.
Keep up the good work!

Good stuff over there Kundal. I like how you said you topped the tops just for the fun of it haha. They will really start bushing out now I bet. I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and say both of these will be female, just judging by their stature and bushyness. Make sure you up-pot before you decide to make the switch over to flower :) Nice to hear that the roots are so vigorous for you. What size pots are they in right now? What size will you be potting up to?
Glad that your are taking in lots of information from the forums. There are so many helpful people around here whether they help you directly in a journal or just by making informative posts about certain topics. This is certainly a great place to learn, laugh and grow.
Keep up the good work!

Indeed I agree this is a glorious place. There's many forums out there but I felt called to this one. Happy 420!
The flush I did yesterday already helped, the leaves are looking less curled today. So it was the right call.
To answer your question. Right now they are in 1.7 gal = 6.4liter pots. The biggest plastic ones I have laying around are 3.17gal = 12 liter. I do have some massive terracotta 5 gal pots but I'm really not going to bother with those lol. So yes, 3 gal it is going to be. It's pretty much the biggest size my grow-shelf-tent will fit.
Cheers for stopping by. Happy 420!

After topping the stems underneath in one of the plants turned a dark color. It worries me. Anyone got an idea what this might be? The other plant did not respond this way. Here's a picture to show it. Any advice is appreciated.

2016-04-20_23_32_51.jpg

Anyways.. I'm tired and not feeling it today.. I think my plants are both male. I sure hope I'm wrong. There's no pistils on any of the 1mm preflowers. They're so small.. is this normal? I think I might just put them in bigger pots in the next couple of days and flip the lights to 12 12 in a week.

Hey bud, don't let your hopes slip away just yet. If you aren't seeing any balls then you know they aren't males yet. Only time will tell once you get them switched over to flower. I hope someone can give you an idea as to why that stem went so dark.. Is it more of a purple color or is it black? Little hard to distinguish between the 2 colors in the picture. If anything, try doing some research on why stems turn different colors and maybe you will find something to compare to what is going on with yours. Really wish I could help ya. If all else fails make a thread in the FAQ section of the forums and maybe someone there can help. Best of luck my friend, keep your head high and keep up the good work.

Hey bud, don't let your hopes slip away just yet. If you aren't seeing any balls then you know they aren't males yet. Only time will tell once you get them switched over to flower. I hope someone can give you an idea as to why that stem went so dark.. Is it more of a purple color or is it black? Little hard to distinguish between the 2 colors in the picture. If anything, try doing some research on why stems turn different colors and maybe you will find something to compare to what is going on with yours. Really wish I could help ya. If all else fails make a thread in the FAQ section of the forums and maybe someone there can help. Best of luck my friend, keep your head high and keep up the good work.

Hey there, thanks for the motivation. It helped. :) regardless what they turn out to be, it's all worth it. And I got 8 bluemystic seeds left + 10 freebies mystery seeds. There has got to be a female among them lol. I'm just a little limited space wise right now so I'm thinking of expanding my grow area.
Now on to the plants.. I checked the preflowers with reverse binoculars, yes they are that small! They both seem to be on short small stems, does that mean they are both male? They also look spade like.. oNE plant it's very pronounced. This is why I'm thinking they might both be male.. yet I have still hope for one of them that I am in doubt about. Anyways, I couldn't wait around anymore and decided to take my chances and turned the timer to 12/12. Soon hopefully I can be certain and either startover or have a female right now. I am detached from the outcome. Hence the drastic flip of the switch.

As to the stems darkening like that of one plant I'm not sure. I asked on the FAQ section and someone replied it might be phenotype related, coinciding with other factors. It is upon further inspection a dark purple. Only on one plant, and only directly beneath the topped parts. The discoloration continues one node down and then stops. The plant does not seem to be bothered and is looking healthy. I'm not worried about it.
I made a picture with an overview. I did some lst and a little pruning because leaves were just laying on each other without much purpose. RH is very high at 60-70% because of the spring and melting of the snow plus a lot of rain. It's very humid in the grow space. Before it was dry during the winter. Anyways. Wishing all a great weekend. I'll stay in touch.

2016-04-22_21_53_29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom