LlamaBomb's 1st Grow - Multi-Strain

LlamaBomb

Hey guys/gals I'm doing my first grow and I thought I would throw it up here. Unfortunately I am already at day 12 after sprouting, so I'm starting this part way through.

I will be using Sunshine #4 as my mix w/ added dolomite.

My nutes:
Botanicare's pure blend pro grow, pure blend pro bloom soil (should I be using hydro version with SS4?), liquid karma, pure blend tea, grow-tek's Cal-mag and marinis seaweed extract. Also using general hydro mycrohaze.

First off I will give you the background and information on what has been done up until now.

Seeds:
-2x Mighty Mix (mixed bag)
2x Indoor Mix (again mixed bag)
2x Candy Cane Feminized Auto flower
2x God Bud

Germination technique:
-Damp paper towel.

Put in paper towels 03/02/16. All seeds fully germinated by 03/05/16 at which time I placed them into there starting containers.

Medium:
- Sunshine Mix #4 w/ 1 tbsp dolomite lime/gallon.
*I should have added perlite as drainage was a little slow*
-micro sprinkled in bottom of hole poked in soil

Containers:
- Red Solo Cups w/ holes poked in bottom.

So basically I filled the cups right up with SS4 (should have only filled 3/4 full in hind sight), plopped the seeds about a fingers nail deep, watered with tap ph 7.0 .....and the wait was on.

03/08/16

So a few days later and all the little girls (being optimistic) popped up and had some sprout on.

At this time I was under a very ghetto lighting system 24/0 light and I tried keeping temps around 73f to 75f and humidity around 55%.

I give you desk lamp with a splitter for 2x 23w 6500k CFLs and a homemade reflector. All held up by a piece of wood and zip ties. Lol go ahead laugh I sure as hell am.

03/10/16

Over the past couple days I've had to move the plants around consistently trying to keep them from stretching to no avail.

So I went out and bought this little guy as my new clone/seedling light. 125w 6400k

Plants loved this much better.... Definitely a bit warmer than the small CFLs, so now the light had to stay about 3 inches from the tops.

03/11/16

K so here is where I think I screwed up a bit. I asked some information about sunshine #4 before purchasing a big ass bale of it and was told there was no nutes in it all and you must add everything. But then I read online that there is.
They each got fed 1.5 oz tap water w/ 1/2 strength of the seaweed extract ph 6.5, and not a run off watering as the stems were a little weak and wouldn't handle that.

03/13/16 - 03/15/16

Just some janky pictures cause I'm doing this off my phone . and wasn't planning on making a Journal either hehe (sorry I'll try harder on them from the point we catch up)

On 03/15/16 I may have also screwed up by overfeeding in some way as I fed tap water, full strength marinis seaweed extract and 1/4 strength karma and pure blend tea. pH'd to 6.2

My pH's outta the mix as well as ppms are unknown as I haven't had runoff yet. I am also unsure as what pH I should really be at as some ppl say soil pH and some say hydro..
Any body with any tips or suggestions? Please.

03/16/16

Today was a big day as I was going to be doing my first transplant. Was definitely nervous. Should I have done this with the plant in wet or dry soil? Watered with tap , full strength seaweed extract to ph 6.3 again no runoff.
I also was switching the plants into my homemade grow room (I'll get a good picture of it all later) and to a 18/6 light cycle instead of the 24/0 it's been on.

Medium:
- Sunshine #4 mix with 1 tbsp / gallon dolomite lime and 25-30% more perlite.
-micro sprinkled In hole before transplant.

Container:
- 3gal Grow bags

Veg room:
- 3' wide x 6' deep x 7' tall. I already regret making it 3' wide....hint don't do that... so I may make it bigger after this grow.
- 2 x 400w MH w/ open white bat wing reflectors
- Only running 1 light the moment until the get bigger
- 4" exhaust fan with carbon filter running 24/7
- oscillating fan. Off with lights
-humidifier. Off with lights

Temps:
- Lights on 74f-77f at canopy and 76f - 55% humidity room
-Lights off 64f and 48-50% humidity. What do you guys/gals think about how low it gets? It is coldish and spring here plus in a unfinished basement.

Sorry of all that was kinda busy.

03/18/16

Since some of the plants looked like they had some abundance of nutes I thought I would just water hehe no feed. Over the last few days I picked up some jugs of r/o water and just used that ph'd to 6.2 this time run off and I measured it .

God bud - pH 5.75 ppm 1984
MxM mix - pH 5.77 ppm 1518
Indoor mix - pH 5.54 ppm 2683
Candy Cane - pH 5.63 ppm 1828

So I believe the pH is all a tad low and I guess I'll be running hydro specs since they all don't look too bad at this point.

Also think the ppm is a high on all. Might be because of my early nutes and no run off. What are your guys/gals thoughts on the pH and ppm?

Plants in order:

Back left: MxM mix , Back right: God bud , Front left: Indoor mix , Front right: Candy cane

03/20/16

Light hasnt been really moved (12"-14" away) and temps have maintained 74f-77f and 55% humidity lights on 64f off.

Again sorry for not taking great pics I will do better and I will try and write this a bit neater from now on... please comment/help/critique/bitch/chit chat all is welcome .

03/21/16

I absolutely love how after the lights go out, then back on you can really see the plants growth it's craziness.

Just some more pictures for you all. Soil is still damp and it seems the plants liked just straight water.

Got a little wavyness going on with a couple leaves and definitely stunted growth on a couple plants. Any comments or critiquing on there appearance would be awesome.

Although I can't quite help you out on the specifics of your Ph and ppms but I can say that 1900 ppm for younglings is very high. Hope some more folks come to take a look and give you some better advise. Glad you decided to make a plunge into the grower's forums, this journal will help you and your plants immensely. Keep up fine work and....

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Thank you for the comment and ya super high ppms. I'm guessing since the soil was already charged, feeding it early and not doing run off waterings probably build a ton of salts/nutes.

Anybody have advice on next watering... I have some mag cal, karma and pure tea mixed up 1/4 strength for the next feed as they seem fine on nitrogen (abundance on a couple) so I thought I'd give them some secondary and micro nutes. Should I feed with that or just pH'd R/O water?

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using 420

I think just water if it's in the next few days. But if you fed them to soak the pots then it will be a week before its dry enough for another feed. So in that case you could feed again.

If your soil has nutes already pre planting then they should be fine for nitrogen for a few weeks. Keep an eye out for signs of micro and potassium def. Although I would imagine that your soil has some of all the macros NPK. Check the bag for how much percentage it had. Imo.

03/22/16

More pics.... for some reason decided to turn the second light and and boy did it screw with my temps. Exhaust fan on full (was on medium) oscillating fan on full (was on low), modified my grow room (added 2 more 4" inlets) and room now says 77-79f..... damn a bit hot..... hope they will be ok.

Bought 2 more small oscillating fans for more circulation but making the room as small as I did I really have no more room on the floor... guess I'll should have thought this out a tad more.

Sorry about the shitty pictures as always. Room is cramped.

Plants need some watering and I think I'm going to feed with 1/4 strength karma,tea, mag Cal and seaweed, all in R/O pH 6.3

03/24/16 (day 16 from sprout)

Dun Dun Dun..... drama.... not much but still a bitch.
Come home the other day to my lights on when the shouldn't be...weird. Go to my timer and it's stuck on and not moving YAY!!!! So lights were on for undetermined amount of time. Went and bought two timers, more heavy duty, more expensive (lesson: don't cheap you'll end up spending more). Hopefully splitting the load will make these last longer than a week.

Next little bit of drama. Unzip my tent and the zipper comes off.... beautiful I have to go to work and my lights are about to go off with a gapping hole in my tent. Duct tape is the answer to most if not all life's questions lol. Slapped that on the seam and I was golden till I went and bought another one today.

With the drama over let's get to the girls. So they loved that straight watering I did on the 18th and they loved the feed on the 22nd.

I was having some issues with heat in the room with the second 400w. Unfortunately adding a oscillating fan in the room was a bitch due to space, so again unfortunately it was aiming directly at the plants and they were showing me they didn't like that at all. Removed the fan and placed 1 fan at each intake on outside of tent. Basically forcing cooler are into the tent. Awesome idea as it has dropped the temp from 80 and above down to 76-77.7f which doesn't seem to mind the plants much. I think I may install some in line fans into my intakes and I'm sure when the lights raise it'll help a bit.

Pictures

MxM

44ae2c215e719156cfe811d77637b851.jpg

0c90b8039f9efbf4094e5f0f53552c25.jpg

INDOOR MIX (wondering if one is a heavy indica. Looks to be)

fce634ae54f0730726fb99b8e8d25f22.jpg

47242063164a231c805bc0041190e2b8.jpg

CANDY CANE

b7c5096c69061ebb8cdf3d2842b8f478.jpg

5875324a36d00efaf4ede11dca38afcc.jpg

GOD BUD

2aed85fb8fc207d35ce0512dc561bd6a.jpg

23f843b38d4d3f97344806e48c7ae4c4.jpg

Sorry again for shitty pictures. Soon I will get them in natural light

Sounds like they're giving you a hard time, keeping you on your toes. Lights staying on shouldn't be too traumatic for autoflowers and photos should be OK too, unless they're in flower stage. I hope they don't give you much more headaches, a faulty timer is shitty but it happens alot.

That's one thing I took to heart when I started preparing for this most recent grow is this... My new growing credo. Thanks to zandor for the quote via a member Here at 420mag.

"you go cheap, You grow cheap"

Thats helped me avoid some of the many mistakes I made in my earlier grows. I decided if I'm going to do this, I'll put my all in it... Including my wallet. Glad you were able to spring into action and get them all taken care of.
Poop happens, I think you'll be better off because of it...

Edit: also your intake fan idea is great for refreshing air inside. I taped mine onto the the lower vent of my tent, it's the same fan as my exhaust but set to lower speed, I've got it running through both Tents under a pressurized system. It's good to have pressure in there so that stuff doesn't get sucked in when you open the door. Also make sure to put some sort of filter to prevent mould and pollen and bugs from entering the tent. Good luck!

Mar 25/16 (Day 17 out of ground)

So another day in and the ladies are looking good ....or at least to my untrained eye.

Decided to raise one of my lights a tad as the candy cane is getting quite big now.

I got some of these seeds from my brother and wasn't quite sure where or exactly what they were so I asked.
Candy Cane= crop king seeds. feminized auto flower. 70% indica. Mix of AK-47, Mango and White widow.

Mighty Mix= crop king seeds. So here's the dilemma not sure if these are the fem auto flowers or just feminized. Might have pooched myself on one plant if it's the first. And also not sure on plant genetics

God Bud= VSB. Mix of God, Hawaiian and purple skunk.

Indoor Mix= VSB. No clue on genetics.

And pictures in regular light. Although still shitty, slightly better hehe.

First up Mighty Mix#1
Plant looked awesome growing like crazy so naturally I decided to hurt it a bit.

No training

ab66e54721a7bfb62aa7923896e53e2f.jpg

b8457ffc5ed4904297547d6e5ddcfb3a.jpg

Cut to 3rd node and starting to mainline it. (HOPEFULLY NOT AUTOFLOWER)

6dbdf0d9e6bb5bd04e54a18a035f1100.jpg

58c247c6cc3e4f35599c06c6eeb7b989.jpg

Mighty Mix#2

a6dc5ae3834eff45ea02a4d8927c778b.jpg

e6532e391e993b17d463bee053a9016f.jpg

Indoor Mix#1

f4fa25a66fcfdee7ef7c94600b3e6105.jpg

5e4d8391d01befff2f5205d667c5c418.jpg

Indoor Mix #2

c1532f2bb585567d0f2df3ee6e69ba69.jpg

fe026cb603d094a427ac4a171b1d8e35.jpg

God Bud#1

ecdd157c5f60cd5db341d2f527dd4466.jpg

8ba79e00c9e2688b4cce95434e56f861.jpg

God Bud#2

32c4342db393bd7d720e4cde49a18704.jpg

541e555fddf53e62fc196369313a98c7.jpg

Candy Cane#1
489c297adcb0c98058e37dece6e40f73.jpg

0d2604a9b05ff581d32d1dfd38ed2284.jpg

Candy Cane#2

420fc86127548232fd9de9d2d26db7cf.jpg

4b1681a95b951b922992238e3e9c544e.jpg

Thanks for stopping in. Leave a comment please ....good or bad. Also let me know if I dun did f*cked up and chopped the plant when I shouldn't have.

Cheers

Only thing I could see as an option would be to bend those huge fan leaf stems away from the new shoots. Make a heart shape with the two side leaf stems, hold it for 30 secs and then release it. Repeat frequently... You could also clip them if you choose to do so... That's up to you, but ya the training looks good so far. Keep up the fine Jedi lessons, and set yourself a mental blueprint of what you want her to look like.

Quick question to anybody reading.... How long does it take for the stem to close up once cut?
Depends on moisture levels and cleanliness of the cut. Shouldn't take more then a couple days. You could dab a piece of painter tape over it for if it's looks like a big gapping hole. But I wouldn't worry unless it looks infected.

Hey there llamabomb. I'd like to subscribe to your thread if that's ok? I noticed you are growing a couple candy cane autos. I as well have 2 on the go in my new journal with hempy cups and perlite/vermiculite. Would be nice to see the differences. Mine are on day 12 now but much smaller as i dont think mine have hit the reservoir at the bottom yet. Otherwise looks like things are going well for ya so far, keep up the good work.

Hey dick23rd. Please do subscribe, I'll do my best to keep things up to date and keep on showing progress. Hope these plants work out hehe. Not sure if I'm a fan of auto flowers quite yet but time will tell. I'll stop in and look at your journal as well and help with anything I can (first grow ever so might not be lots hehe)

Cheers for the comment and she follow. Hope things work well for yourself as well.

Depends on moisture levels and cleanliness of the cut. Shouldn't take more then a couple days. You could dab a piece of painter tape over it for if it's looks like a big gapping hole. But I wouldn't worry unless it looks infected.

Doesn't look infected but I may do the painters tape just cause it's a decent hole and rather not risk infection. Still growing decent after the snip, so I think so far so good. Thanks for stopping in as usual

Hey dick23rd. Please do subscribe, I'll do my best to keep things up to date and keep on showing progress. Hope these plants work out hehe. Not sure if I'm a fan of auto flowers quite yet but time will tell. I'll stop in and look at your journal as well and help with anything I can (first grow ever so might not be lots hehe)

Cheers for the comment and she follow. Hope things work well for yourself as well.

I myself am not sure if im a fan of autos yet, this is my first grow with them purposely. I had a couple in my last soil grow from a mix of bag seeds and didnt know it til they started showing preflowers without changing my light cycle lol. Will see how these ones i have go and decide whether or not i like them. also still have 3 seeds of each strain in case i want to try a different approach on the next round.

All we can both do is hope for the best in our new trials :)

Back
Top Bottom