First Grow - Auto Blue Mystic, Freebies - TopLED

Good deal! No nute burns which looks good, node spacing spot on. You are growing bro! That wind burn will subside with next set of leaves. Looks like a lil cal mag to thicken up the leaves will be beneficial to your grow. With autos start nutes low and work up. They can be sensitive. Also it is not unheard of for them to go real slow first 2 weeks then really pop once they kick in!

Good deal! No nute burns which looks good, node spacing spot on. You are growing bro! That wind burn will subside with next set of leaves. Looks like a lil cal mag to thicken up the leaves will be beneficial to your grow. With autos start nutes low and work up. They can be sensitive. Also it is not unheard of for them to go real slow first 2 weeks then really pop once they kick in!

Thanks man!, and yes they seem to be doing MUCH better than i expected the first grow, i have tried to follow everyone's advise for first timers and just keep it simple, leave it alone, try not to worry about each and every little sign of something.

I have also thought about the Cal/Mag, since it is being stripped by the RO system, I will definitely give them a dose of nutes with cal/mag once i get back. The Auto's took the one small dose of nutes fine, its the other that seemed to not like it as much, i assume since they are a week younger, and much smaller.

Ok much needed update,

Arrived home from trip and went down to look a the girls. And i was surprised, BM#1 was about an inch from the light, it is not siting a high as the light can go without adjusting the mounting hangers. Could see this being an issue..

I am going to start my CS on one branch of BM#1, i know i am starting this late, but worst case it goes long, bud gets nasty and i just get seeds, and i am quiet ok with that..

Also we are looking at getting a new house, and the women has a great understanding of how important the "garden room" is. So i don't plan to start anymore plants until i know for sure, as i am not sure how i could discreetly move those plants.., Which sucks as my seeds came in.

5x The Doctor (Green House)
3x Lemon Kush (Female)
3x Money Maker (Strain Hunters)
3x Big Tooth (Strain Hunters)
5x Northern Lights Auto (Female)
5x Blue Mystic (Nirvana)
5x Auto Bubble (Female)

All are Feminized, Even with the great find of CS, to produce Fem seeds myself, i still wanted to try some photoperiod strains, and try cloning, since what this is really about for me is just the grow, and experimenting.

Now to the pics, keep in mind these girls were on the thirsty side when i got home. and i took them out of the tent for proper color, however lighting in this room is horrible. So i did my best.

Blue Mystic #1 (Day 32)
Day_32_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_5_.jpg
Day_32_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1.jpg
Day_32_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_2_.jpg
Day_32_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_3_.jpg

Blue Mystic #2 (Day 32)
Day_32_Auto_Blue_Mystic_2.jpg
Day_32_Auto_Blue_Mystic_2_2_.jpg
Day_32_Auto_Blue_Mystic_2_3_.jpg

Unknown #1 (Day 26)
Day_26_Unknown_1_3_.jpg
Day_26_Unknown_1_2_.jpg
Day_26_Unknown_1.jpg

Unknown #2 (Day 26)
Day_26_Unknown_2.jpg

Still not sure whats going on with Unknown #2, i did attempt to FIM her, and looks like i failed at that, so i did it again, could it be stress?, she also was very dry, so going to keep an eye on her water.

Also my new TopLED 300w Reflector is going to be here Wednesday, and i am in the process of building a Sterilite Cabinet (4 Shelf and 2 Shelf), i really didn't think they would out grow a 60" tent, but with the height of the pots, the are getting really close.. As i assume we still have much more height.

Also BM#1, does her node spacing look correct, it looks really far apart from what i think is proper.

Just wanted to add something that I'm wanting to try to produce feminized seeds. First I'm sorry if this has already been suggested I didn't go back to see the entire post :cheesygrinsmiley: I read a post some time ago where the grower would harvest a plant except for a few small buds on the bottom of the plant that he would allow to continue maturing for a couple of weeks or so. The over matured buds would develop nanners that he would harvest the pollen from. He would then pollinate some buds on the female plant he wanted to produce seeds with and the outcome is feminized seeds of that strain. This method makes it possible to make feminized seeds without using colloidal silver so, you don't have to ruin a plant by applying the colloidal silver to make it hermie. :Rasta::peace:

I have read about different ways, And after looking around, and reading a few posts. I have decided to do the sure fire way, dont care about "ruining" one or even two plants, if it is going to net even 50, and that has been seen on even just one pollinated bud, So i look at it as a sacrifice. Also one thing is, i do no smoke or use any of the outcome, i am purely doing it as i find it an amazing plant. As it is now, i will just give the by product away, or i may make it into oils etc, for someone that has a use for it, ie cancer etc. I currently do no know anyone. So there is no hurry for the end product, i am doing CS as a way to make this "hobby" less expensive for me. I have already easily put well over 1k into it, i dont really want to keep forking over for seeds.

It may very well be an option/way for someone that does need/want the finished product, so thank you for sharing that.

For those that do want to use CS, i highly recommend reading Toker69's blog, be sure to read it from page one, as alot of good information is in there. and it can easily be skipped over if you miss a couple of days..

How to Make Feminized Seeds With Colloidal Silver - Sponsored by Intelligent-Gro LED

On that note, i sprayed two of the branches, orginally only was going to do one, however i am pretty sure one is now going to die. as i snapped it pretty low, its still attached, yet not sure for how long. going to try to triage it, by wrapping something firm on it to support, and hopefully it will bounce back, in case not. then there is another branch. :)

OK, so i have been really slacking on taking care of them as well as posting pic's, work has been keeping me to busy/exhausted to deal with garden stuff..

From Day 32 to Now (Day 44)
I was didnt want to overwater them, so i didnt water them prior to another work trip, upon coming home.. they were beyond thirsty. So i watered and gave 1/2 dose of Nutes. After the first day they bounce back alot, however some leaves were dry, so they were taken off.

After a few more days you can see the on sought of nute burn. i drenched them with water (small flush) to try to get that out, however that did not seem to help, so iam just going to let them fight it out.

BM#1 is much much taller/mature than BM#2, I have had to raise my 96x3 Reflector TopLED (yes i took the 44x3 out) all the way to the top, and its still much closer than i want.

Pics..
All
Day_44-37_All.jpg

Blue Mystic #1 (Day 44) What are the sacks?
Day_44_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1.jpg
Day_44_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_5_.jpg
Day_44_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_4_.jpg
Day_44_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_3_.jpg
Day_44_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_2_.jpg
Day_44_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_6_.jpg

Blue Mystic #2 (Day 44)
Day_44_Auto_Blue_Mystic_2.jpg

Unknown #1 (Day 37 Day 7 Flower) "Pretty Sure I am a Male"
Day_37_Day_7_Flower_Unknown_1_2_.jpg
Day_37_Day_7_Flower_Unknown_1.jpg

Unknown #2 (Day 37 Day 7 Flower)
Day_37_Day_7_Flower_Unknown_2.jpg

Calyxes... iv had some that were so swollen i almost mistook them for males at first...lol. Males show a more clustered grouping and are rounder (and don't have the pistols coming out). What your seeing is basically what people are referring to when they talk about "pre-flowering".

Awesome, thanks for the info.. Is it normal for them to be there this late into flowering? or is it just a new bud location starting, and therefore its "pre-flowering" ie each location has its own timeline.

So Unknown #1. Did end up being a male. So down he goes. I don't have the need for male pollen of some random unknown strain. So yeap..

It appears the girls are starting to drink a lot. I went to visit the in laws for the weekend. Come back and they are thirsty again.. (Watered on Wednesday)

So I will need to keep up on that. With no plans for any more work/pleasure travel in the near future. I should be able to stay on top of them. I will get some pics up tomorrow.. Blue Mystic #1 is starting to blow up with bud locations. And the main cola is starting to fill out. #2 has finally started to show real flowers. But she has stayed much shorter/bushier. The unknown #2 has still not shown sex after almost 2 weeks of 12/12. So I hoping that since the other showed male so fast. We might at least have one of the unknown be female.

Day 49 Update

Both the Unknown Freebies, ended up being male, so chopped they went. Which was fine, i got to practice some FIM'ing on the one. so it wasn't a total loss.

With Approx 11 days to go (according to most people's 60 day harvest on these)

Nirvana Blue Mystic Auto #1
Day_49_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_3_.jpg
Day_49_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_2_.jpg
Day_49_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1.jpg

Nirvana Blue Mystic Auto #2
Day_49_Auto_Blue_Mystic_2_3_.jpg
Day_49_Auto_Blue_Mystic_2_2_.jpg
Day_49_Auto_Blue_Mystic_2.jpg

Also, i have not been the best with letting you know all the details.. i stopped spraying CS on the one bud site, since it was to late in the cycle, this will be removed once harvested, as CS is not ideal to smoke.. (which i will tell you i am wanting to start after this whole process, and it just makes me want to eat it.. lol)

We are currently looking for a new house to buy, so i am not starting anything else until that process is complete, which we would like to be moved in by Sept 1st, at the latest. So going to be a slow month, which will give me time to catch up on all the amazing journals. And plan my next batch.. i am definitely going to do a CS batch next, even if it consumes the entire plant(s) (2 at most). I also need to finish up my sterlite closet (4 shelf and 2 shelf), ill get some images of that once i am happy with them. going to use them mostly for the breeding process, to not contaminate the normal grows.

you should let that plant go at least another 2-3 weeks. you should also pluck off the lowest bud sights so the plant's energy goes to the tops.

you should let that plant go at least another 2-3 weeks. you should also pluck off the lowest bud sights so the plant's energy goes to the tops.

Yes, i had planned on letting it go longer, i have until we close on the new house. which is looking around end of august. At that point it will have to be chopped. being my first time i was not sure if the last week something rapidly happened, so i was going to play it by sight And mostly advise of the knowledgable people here.

The growth vertically seems to have stopped, which is good as it is only 3-4 inches below the LED. which is too close for optimal Output, however it does not seem to be effecting it. I really did not expect them to get a s tall as they are being auto's, and looking at other pictures of the same/similar Auto's, My next run i will definitely be doing some LST.

the plant is fine that close to the light? that's good to know. next time you should keep the light closer to the plant so it doesn't stretch so much. I would suggest about 12" away.

It appears to be, no heat stress or anything, however LED's are known to have a, for optimal conditions keep x# of inches from the canopy, and i believe TopLED, recommends 18-24" on both the Mars II and Reflector series, however i cannot raise it any higher, the adjustable yoyo is taken out, and the cables that the light attaches to is wrapped around the top pole. with about 2-3 " of air flow for the fans.

I had it around 12-16" for most of its life, until i couldn't get it higher. I will try much closer..

The vegetable tent has the opposite problem, the Mars II 400w is about 2-3' above the plants. as they seem to get "sunburnt" if i move it any closer. And if anything i need them to stretch a little more, as most of my pepper plants are dense to the point no light can even get past the first sets of leaves. Maybe i will swap lights and see if it swaps as well. Or maybe normal plants just are not as tolerant to that intense light.

This is now Day 60 which from Nirvana, is Harvest Day, however i am going to follow advice of looking at trichomes and wait till they are milky, and at this current stage they are still pretty clear.

Growth has slowed a lot, i don't feel they have grown much,if at all this past last week. However i have been watching them a lot more recently. They show a pretty bad nitrogen def, that is from the flushing that i performed about a week ago. I see this is normal towards the end.

Our house is now expected to close on the 7th of August, so the women wants to move the 16th, so sadly i may have to chop them a tad early to get them to a cure stage a few days prior to the move.

I have read that letting them dry out at the end allows a bit more trichomes to develop/mature, and also speeds up the drying process. since they seem to take about 4 days to dry to the point of more water i figure 4-6 days to harvest will be the last watering.

Drying Before Harvest | 4-6 Days
Drying After Harvest | 4-5 Days
Week Before Move, where time will be hard to come by | 5 Days

Which Puts A Hard harvest Date of August 1st. Which gives me 2 More weeks of growth.
Think that will be enough?

Blue Mystic #1 Day 60
Day_60_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1.jpg
Day_60_Auto_Blue_Mystic_1_2_.jpg

Blue Mystic #2 Day 60
Day_60_Auto_Blue_Mystic_2.jpg

Day ~67 Update,

With as much time going into the move, and getting this house to the point where the new owners want it. I decided to chop them, and get them drying so they can go to cure. I have a home inspection on the 1st, so i really didn't want to have the plants be found. However legal, it is just a conversation i didn't want to have. esp with the one i would have to have with the wife.

So they were chopped on day 66, 2 days ago. The trichomes were mostly milky, so i am happy with that. I did chop a smaller bud near the bottom about 2 weeks ago, let it dry for a week. And man does the smell of that bring back a lot of memories :).

I do not smell the fruity/blueberry smell i have read it has. however i will see once the larger ones are ready.

I ordered a cvault (Large) so when they are dried and ready to start cure process, they will have a home. A friend's mother was diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer, so i will make a trip to visit with a gift, once they are cured for a few weeks. However this strain does not have much CBD's, nor will there be much to give, i figured its better than sitting around.

Back
Top Bottom