MzSiroz Bubblelicious Redemption Grow - Autos - Soil - CFL

I read alot of what Atrain had to say about autos, and have implimented many of his techniques.
In regards to watering seedlings. From memory, he starts off with 250ml, watering slowly, straight down, allowing the tap root to search the bottom, rather than spreading out up top. This method made sense to me, as the bottom of your pot has holes, allowing oxygen to the roots. Also, creating a solid anchor, if you will.
I really feel uncomfortable giving advice, being a rookie myself but, I am a decent researcher and believe this to be the best method.
Hopefully someone with more experience will correct me if I'm wrong.

I know that feeling well! One grow under my belt so far, what entitles me to say anything, ya know?

:)

I agree with Yeatster about the root technique, i followed atrains method.
this time your on the right track. keep it up:cheer::tokin::popcorn:

I'll third that.

We had our Crown Royale in a solo cup and it took 180ml to soak to runoff, we added 60ml to account for the fact that it'd dry out faster due to spreading out in the much larger pot. Thankfully it was enough that we could measure it with our scale, so our "usual" watering methods would still work.

The first two were soaked through with a full 6 liters (in a 5 gallon fabric pot) at 15 days, which was too soon. It then took too long to dry out so by the time we wanted to start giving them nutes they still needed 3 or 4 days to finish off the last drink.

On the Dark Devil I gave her increasing watering when she'd get back to the original weight of the pot, only hitting 2 liters at 15 days, then soaked her with light nutes closer to three weeks old. I was happiest with that schedule.

Day 3 Update

I took you all's advice and decided to give her another 200ml of water.

Stats

Temp: 79F
Humidity: 70%

She was ready for another pic today

BB328.jpg

Good decision, I think.
One thing to keep an eye on MzSiroz, water on the babies when under the light. I'm not sure how strong/close your lights are but, as someone else(I wanna say PeeJay, in Smokey's journal), I recall saying, LED can be like a lazer beam on a droplet of water!
I learned this the hard way. Luckily mine were a little older and only suffered a few holes in a few fan leaves.

Cheers to a magnific start!!!

BTW, I am also using 3 gallon pots. Im sure we can learn from each other on this grow.
Peace.

Good decision, I think.
One thing to keep an eye on MzSiroz, water on the babies when under the light. I'm not sure how strong/close your lights are but, as someone else(I wanna say PeeJay, in Smokey's journal), I recall saying, LED can be like a lazer beam on a droplet of water!
I learned this the hard way. Luckily mine were a little older and only suffered a few holes in a few fan leaves.

Cheers to a magnific start!!!

BTW, I am also using 3 gallon pots. Im sure we can learn from each other on this grow.
Peace.

I was thinking the same thing about the water droplets, always good to point out. If it's just from trying to water close to the stem, it doesn't need to be exactly down the center. I used a syringe with a tube to make it easier to avoid getting water on her. If it's from misting, stop misting. :)

Whatever it's from, try to minimize it and make sure she's dry before she goes back under powerful lights, or less powerful lights that are very close to the sprout.

Our first grow was four 3 gallon pots, and our biggest plant was one of the two in a 1.5 gallon air pot.

@Mz She's off to to great start, already looks better than any previous sprout. :yahoo: :party:

:thumb:

Day 4 Update

Because I am so confident that I am on the right track this time, I am going to give her a name. I mean this is day 4 and she has already surpassed the others who have gone on to canna heaven.

Stats

Temp: 79F
Humidity: 69%
Feeding: no water today, no nutrients today
Lighting: She received her first hours of darkness for 2hrs. She will remain on a 22/2 schedule for a couple more weeks.

Without further ado, here is Sexy B! :yahoo:

BB419.jpg

Yay!! Nice name haha always hard to come up with them (unfortunately not the case for my mutant plant came to me right away haha)
As always happy growing!! :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom