MzSiroz Bubblelicious Redemption Grow - Autos - Soil - CFL

Re: Autos Narco Purp & Blue Mystic - Mystery Photo - LED - Soil Indoor - Redemption G

Hello to all my Kush Komrades!

I have been away for a few days with family issues, but I am back to give an update on what's going. So, I will start with the bad news first. I tried to take the shell off the narco and accidentally snapped the stem. In fact, of 3 of the 4 seedlings had shells stuck to them. I wonder if it is something I am doing wrong.

first of i hope everything will be allright with the family thing.

second. i know what your problem is. pop your seeds direct into the growing medium exspecially with auto's they seem to have a hard time with the paper tissue method. i done it a couple of times my self. seems like the problem is that when you pick up the fragile little kim root with the seedshell still on it. and put it in soil wool etc. if its not directly downwards the kim root sometimes it grows a bit crooked and it is like its pushing the shell against it self instead of the shell slighting of it when braking the soil (i have studied this a bit germinations seeds in rockwool and braking it up to look inside to see the issue :geek: freaking geek!)
if you do use paper towels, ithink you should put the seed in soil as soon as it is cracked not when the root is all out of the shell, it seems to make it more stressfull to the small plant to be transplanted.
im sure this could be the source of your issue.

when i plant the seed i put it no longer than the lenght of my fingernail-ish into the soil and only sprinkles a bit of loose soil on top just to protect it from the sun.

but they seem to be on the right track now the tree of em at least :) best of luck to you this time around

and this looks like normal stretch this time exept maybe the top one is a bit long tho, but last time when i pointed that out they were at least 30% longer in the stem. so no problem i think Siroz

:Namaste:

Re: Autos Narco Purp & Blue Mystic - Mystery Photo - LED - Soil Indoor - Redemption G

Adorable. Do you still have your LED 24"?
If I am getting growers mixed up I apologize.
Peace

Yes Yeatster, I have not changed anything. @Klov Thanks for the germination information. I have a question though. How would I know which end of the seed to plant if I chose not to use the wet paper towel method?

Yes Yeatster, I have not changed anything. @Klov Thanks for the germination information. I have a question though. How would I know which end of the seed to plant if I chose not to use the wet paper towel method?

don't worry the seed in soil is like a baby in the stomach most times it will turn around and come out with head first. its the same with the seed. when you put it in soil the taproot will go downwards looking for moist and the seed capsule will go up looking for sun ;) seeds been doing this for some years by now they know what they are doing. the papertowel method is more used to determand is seeds are good or bad imo

key is just not to burry them to deep and with not to compact soil above the seed.

so next time try to plant them in soil use a mister to moist the soil real good but not to the state of soggy. then put a small clear see trough plastic cup or glass on top like a small green house air it out a couple of times a day and check that the soil is still moist. i promise you the seed germination will go way esier in the long run like this. and the soil will psuh of seed shells like at least 8 out of 10 times. and the last two times the shell will be much aesier to get of the small kimplant.

but don't head youself in the head everytime you hit a small bump on the road cuz there will be bumps. but as look as you keep cold everything will be good on the long term. your on a steep learningcurve right now. just wait when the first run is done EVERYthing seems much easier and logical. trial and error is the best way to a steady grow experience later down the road :)

hows your light to plant distance at the moment. i thing last time when i asked with the last run it was at 28-30 then you put it down to 24 inch right? if your feel like they are streecting still try taking it down a couple more inches for some days until your find you LED lamp models special sweetspot they can vary some product to product. what label/model are they btw?

sorry about the loss of one blue mistic. shit happens though its ok. they look ok i cant help you with the light distance all i can tell you now is go easy very easy with watering untill you see some growth.

good luck

So, I decided to do an update, mainly for suggestions. As of today the 2 blue mystics and 1 mystery photo are 12 days from germination and 9 days since they broke soil. The narco is 6 days since germination and 3 days since it broke soil. It pains me to say, but when you examine the pics it looks like the same thing is happening to me all over gain. However, I am going to be patient. I'm really trying to pin point where I am making the mistake at. So, here are more details of how I began this grow for anyone that wants to help.

1. Germinate in wet paper. A tap usuall show within 24-36 hrs.
2. make a hole in soil about fingernail length, wet hole with mister. and plant seed root down. Cover seed with dirt. Mist the top lightly as needed
3. when plant breaks soil give first watering. 100ml of ph'd water 6.0 -6.5

I did these steps with the 2 blue mystics and the mystery photo.
With the narco I decided not to give 100 ml and have been misting it. Just wanted to see if 100 ml is where I messed up.
As you will see in the pics, nothing has really changed.

Blue Mystic Auto 9 days from breaking soil
blue46.jpg

blue38.jpg

Mystery Photo 9 days from breaking soil. I truly don't know what's going on with this.
mystery21.jpg

Narco Purps Auto 3 days from breaking soil.
narco1.jpg

Hi Siroz damn all these troubles you keep running into. hope the wind will change soon for you.

you never followed up on the question on your lights manufacture to me Siroz. reason i was asking was. if it is a panel with only 1w diodes or some real cheap 3 watts maybe you need to get some good bit closer then people using lights from Apollo, Platinum, Spider, Mars etc. I had some cheap ufo's they needed to go way closer then the mars light im using now the ufo with 1w leds can be as close as 4 inches without bleeching. so thought that might could be why they just keep stretching in the stem and now doing much on top. so that was the reason for me asking some days ago.

Hi Siroz damn all these troubles you keep running into. hope the wind will change soon for you.

you never followed up on the question on your lights manufacture to me Siroz. reason i was asking was. if it is a panel with only 1w diodes or some real cheap 3 watts maybe you need to get some good bit closer then people using lights from Apollo, Platinum, Spider, Mars etc. I had some cheap ufo's they needed to go way closer then the mars light im using now the ufo with 1w leds can be as close as 4 inches without bleeching. so thought that might could be why they just keep stretching in the stem and now doing much on top. so that was the reason for me asking some days ago.

Oh yes, sorry Klov I forgot to respond. I ordered it from ebay. It came from China. All it says for name is LED plant grow light. It is probably a real cheap brand. So, Ill try moving them closer. I can always move them back. Thanks again for chiming in so quickly

Oh yes, sorry Klov I forgot to respond. I ordered it from ebay. It came from China. All it says for name is LED plant grow light. It is probably a real cheap brand. So, Ill try moving them closer. I can always move them back. Thanks again for chiming in so quickly

ok i would definitly try to lower it down from 24 to maybe 15-16 and keep it there for like two days and then try to notch it a bit more down over some days from there if it is needed and see if you can find the propper sweet spot for that exact panel. my friend bought a cheap chinese panel of ebay i think he kept it around 12 inches away and it was a 200w in usage.

i realy do hope they will start to progress faster for you soon, so you well get a bit of victory vibe going on, instead of all these damn problems :goodluck:

Thanks Klov, I truly appreciate that. I went a head and moved them to 15. Ill chime back in later in the week and let you know what went on. Hey, if I see some progress you may have helped me solve my problem!

Sounds good just keep a good eye on them the first 24 hours that they don't get too hot or start to bleach then your getting to close to the small ladies. they look pretty stretchy so lets hope this is were the trouble are at then you can start moving onward you def. deserve that by now. looking forward to see the next update and if it have helped

You will get to grow awesome flowers sooner or later we just need to figure out were this damn error are located.

So, I decided to do an update, mainly for suggestions. As of today the 2 blue mystics and 1 mystery photo are 12 days from germination and 9 days since they broke soil. The narco is 6 days since germination and 3 days since it broke soil. It pains me to say, but when you examine the pics it looks like the same thing is happening to me all over gain. However, I am going to be patient. I'm really trying to pin point where I am making the mistake at. So, here are more details of how I began this grow for anyone that wants to help.

1. Germinate in wet paper. A tap usuall show within 24-36 hrs.
2. make a hole in soil about fingernail length, wet hole with mister. and plant seed root down. Cover seed with dirt. Mist the top lightly as needed
3. when plant breaks soil give first watering. 100ml of ph'd water 6.0 -6.5

I did these steps with the 2 blue mystics and the mystery photo.
With the narco I decided not to give 100 ml and have been misting it. Just wanted to see if 100 ml is where I messed up.
As you will see in the pics, nothing has really changed.

blue46.jpg

blue38.jpg

Mystery Photo 9 days from breaking soil. I truly don't know what's going on with this.
mystery21.jpg

Narco Purps Auto 3 days from breaking soil.
narco1.jpg

Hi, Mz S! You're getting lots of great advice from Klovne and your team, but I'll just put in my 2 cents :)

They look fine, except for your Mystery Photo, which seems to be just cotyledons and no real leaves. Freaky. The others look perfectly normal for new babies -- the 9 days old ones are a tad slow but stay calm and don't overreact. They're a little stretched, so bringing the light closer will help them not stretch any more, as Klov says. The Narco looks the best -- bang on for her age, so maybe giving the 100 ml of water on a regular schedule was part of what was keeping your two other girls back. Good thinking to try not giving that regular watering and seeing if it made a difference!

I would suggest that, not knowing the brand of light, you might find it helpful to supplement your LED with a couple of 23w CFLS? Just to help them thrive.

The other thing I would love to know is the temps and humidity of your grow space, if you know them.

It's our job to create a good environment for the plants at each stage -- then they can do their job which is to grow. I know you can do this!

Feel free to PM me if you want or if I don't check in right away and you want to ask me something. Not that I know a heck of a lot, I know I don't but I'm about half a step ahead of you and want to help you in any way I can :)

Edited to add this which I found in an older post after searching "cannabis seedling with only cotyledons" -- could be a light problem as well:

Not sure what you mean by 'Regular Soil'. But it sounds like they aren't receiving enough light. I had a similar problem when I first started and finally realized that I had to have my CFL around 3-5 inches away from my seedlings to help prevent too much stretching and allow for 'True Leaf'(the saw blade leaves) to develop porperly. When they become older and stronger you can get away with 2-3 inches with proper air circulation, but seedlings are a little more delicate. How close are you CFL currently? One of the benefits of CFL is that they can be placed very close to the plants due to their low heat output. This helps balance out the lower lumen/watt ratio.
The drooping during night cycle could be due to low temperatures. I notcied drooping on my younger plants when I let the temp drop down to around 65f, but once the lights came back on they perked right up. What are your day/night temps and humidity? Seedlings will need higher humidity since they are still producing roots and will get much of their water through their leaves by pulling moisture from the air.

Hi, Mz S!

Thanks for the heads up about the Haze.io giveaway :) I placed my first order from them a week or so ago and am looking forward to the seeds, so a giveaway is extra good!

So the guidelines for humidity and temps seem to be something like this:

RELATIVE HUMIDITY

Seedling -- 60-70%
Vegetative between 40% and 70%
Flowering 40% to 50%
Late Flowering 40% or under

I've also seen it put that you start with 60-70% with a new seed and then drop it 5% per week until you get down to around 40%

If your humidity is too high you can of course use a dehumidifier, but simpler ways to help lower RH would be increasing air circulation and ventilation and not overwatering or leaving extra water standing in your grow space.

TEMPERATURES

Best range is 24-29 °C (75-85 degrees Fahrenheit)

I noticed more stretching today. So, I have dropped my lights to 13in now. There has been no bleaching of the leaves so far. I also took the mystery photo out and planted another, seed straight to soil. @Glimmer Thank you for that post

its a pickle with this one Siroz :hmmmm:

those lights you use much be a pretty low cost generic brand. you can't find the Ebay link so we can check em out a bit further?

Yes Klov, I have the link. 225Watt LED Grow Light

here is your problem Siroz. This is NOT 225w its 225 leds pulling all in all 10 watts (giving you 0.044 w pr LED) you can't grow nothing more than cat nip at best with those panels sorry to say dear. :oops: i have on of those to crack my veggie seeds for the garden also. thats all i use it for.

You need to buy a bigger panel

Mars Hydro 300 Full Spectrum LED Grow Light 140W True Watt for Indoor VEG Flower | eBay maybe something like this. its an old model Mars that will give you meds. but sorry to say those other two they won't

you can find other models a bit cheaper also but i would personally not buy generic brands and as a minimum buy the old mars hydro panel or mars reflector series light good lights at economy prices.

If your gonna buy a light plz run it buy some of the guys in here before buying. just to safe you money, time, sweat and tears.

Back
Top Bottom