MzSiroz - Soil - CFL - Indoor - Critical & Candy

MzSiroz

Hello everyone,
It is so good to be back here! :circle-of-love:They say the third time's a charm, so this grow has got to be successful! Technically, I still consider myself a first-time grower because I have not completed a full plant.

Okay, so here's the setup. I've got an indoor tent which is 2 feet by 2 feet by 4 feet and 8 inches. I have (2) 3 gallon fabric pots. I have one pot with Royal Queen seeds critical Kush and the other part with delicious candy. Now I'm not sure if the candy is cotton candy or cheese candy. I got these as complimentary seeds from Herbie's. So if anybody knows what kind of candy that I have that would be very helpful l am using Fox Farm nutrients and Fox Farm ocean forest soil. I have enough CFLs to provide each plant with 240 watts of light. They will be on 12/12 cycle from start to finish. I would have liked to start them with a 20/4 cycle, but the CFL's cause the tent to get too hot when they are on that long. Without further ado here are my new girls.

Critical day 1
IMG_20160615_202018029_HDR.jpg

Candy day 1
IMG_20160615_202035480_HDR.jpg

Day 2 Update for Critical and Candy

Temp: 80F
Humidity: 75%

Critical is doing fine with only 80 watts of CFL on her and some misting of ph'd 6.5 water

critical2.png

Candy stretched overnight for some reason. She was the same size as Critical when the lights went out at 8pm. I opened the tent this morning to turn the lights on and she just stretched. She is getting the same 80 watts as Critical. She also curled under. I hope I didn't over mist her today. I'll leave her alone for a bit.

candy2.png

When I was starting out with CFLs I usually had to get them close to prevent the stretching I don't remember exactly how close to put them as it has been a while :thumb:

Welcome back! We've missed you. Of course I'm going to come along your journey with your little girl. Let's get you some home grown weed.. Errr medicine ;)

Critical and Candy Day 3 Update

Temp: 82F
Humidity:72%
Water: Misting with ph'd 6.5 water
Light: 12/12 schedule 80 watts per plant

Critical has stretched now as well. Other than that, there is nothing to see really.
critical3.png

Candy stretched more as well. I got my lights 3 inches away and this is the distance I had on my last grow and I did not have a this much stretch in the beginning. I wonder................
candy3.png

If possible maybe try adding another CFL to her she might just need a little extra then the other one

Welcome back Siroz i'm in too. Stretching could be from wrong position of lights. try maybe a diferent angle:cheer:

Thank you both, I have added an extra cfl- and she has stopped. Hey Bill, thanks for dropping by! I saw your grow turned out pretty damn good!

To everyone: I will have a new update tomorrow.

Hope yo don't mind another noob on his third grow joining in?

Hey, I'm a noob myself. I'll be glad to have you along on this journey.

Hey MzSiroz!

Nice little girls! As a newbie i'm curious about the 12/12 from start to finish.
have you ever tried it? When should they go into flowering? Any Idea?
As im at the same stage, i will probably come by in the future to say High hehe!

Good grow! :Namaste:

According to my research about the 12/12 cycle, many people have plants finishing 11-12 weeks from seed. Type 12/12 from seed in YouTube and you will see. All plants flower when they're ready, but most say at 4-5weeks. Thanks for coming to my journal.

Hey MzSiroz!

Nice little girls! As a newbie i'm curious about the 12/12 from start to finish.
have you ever tried it? When should they go into flowering? Any Idea?
As im at the same stage, i will probably come by in the future to say High hehe!

Good grow! :Namaste:

All depends on if it's a photo or a auto, photos tend to take their time from what I have seen with the straight 12/12 light schedule. The few photos that I had done at the same time as autos took an extra 1-2 weeks to flower then the autos all the autos ive run have flowered in about 2.5 - 3 weeks. My Northern lights auto by cks is flowering way faster then the bubblegum and they were germed at same time I am not sure if it makes a difference but they were planted a day apart but from start to finish about 11-12 weeks like mentioned before

Dammit! I missed the front row. 12 lashes of a two foot sativa branch for me.

Welcome back MzSiroz, you were sorely missed. Very glad to have ya back.

The extra stretch you're seeing might just be from the 12/12 schedule. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a different schedule than Sexy B had?

According to my research about the 12/12 cycle, many people have plants finishing 11-12 weeks from seed. Type 12/12 from seed in YouTube and you will see. All plants flower when they're ready, but most say at 4-5weeks. Thanks for coming to my journal.

Exactly, they can't flower until they reach sexual maturity. You'll lose some yield of course, but you know that going in and have a good reason to do it. Better to have healthy smaller plants through to harvest than cooked plants halfway through.

Got a fan blowing 'em around still? That'll help with stretch as well.

Dammit! I missed the front row. 12 lashes of a two foot sativa branch for me.

Welcome back MzSiroz, you were sorely missed. Very glad to have ya back.

The extra stretch you're seeing might just be from the 12/12 schedule. Correct me if I'm wrong but it's a different schedule than Sexy B had?

Exactly, they can't flower until they reach sexual maturity. You'll lose some yield of course, but you know that going in and have a good reason to do it. Better to have healthy smaller plants through to harvest than cooked plants halfway through.

Got a fan blowing 'em around still? That'll help with stretch as well.

Thank your RTK, it is good to be back. You didn't miss much over here. I do have a fan blowing on them still. You bring up a good a point about the stretch possibly being caused by the 12/12 light schedule because the stretching only happened when the lights were off. Yes, I would rather have healthier smaller plants than scorched ones. I'm hoping to get at least 40g dried per plant, but we'll see. I was hoping to have an LED Mars by now, but shit happens. So, until then I will just work with what I have.

Also, Sexy started out on 24hr light schedule and was being reduced to 19/5.

Critical and Candy Day 7 Update

Temp: has been hard to control because the weather has been in the upper 90's consistently. The average has been 88F, but has peaked at 92F

Humidity: has also been hard to control because I have too keep opening the door of my tent to cool the inside. Average has been 60% but has dropped to 50%

Light:12/12

Feeding: Critical and Candy will both receive 175ml of ph'd 6.5 tap water which has been left out to evaporate chlorine.

Here is Critical. She is a tad further than Candy and I think it is because Candy has stretched a bit more.
Critical7.png

And here is Candy. She is coming along fine. She was more curled under at first, but is starting to uncurl.
Candy7.png

And here is the cheapest grow room setup on 420mag lol!
FR1.png

Haha good going I'll join in :)) still a noob so wanna watch as much as I can :p

Suppose the stretch u could put more soil to over it a bit or would be good for LST? Just my 2 cents :ganjamon:

Back
Top Bottom