1st Ever Grow: 450W LED, Blueberry Kush Auto & Dark Devil Auto

I have a different brand (that which must not be named) of 450w LEDs, which pulls 255w from the wall, as opposed to the 200w of the viparspectra, but my original panel is just not enough for the 4X4 grow tent I have so I've just ordered one of these as well to compliment it.

What size is your grow space, Keemoe?

Just understand that the viparaspectra 450 only has a 2.7 X 2.7 footprint for flowering. Off the top of my head, I'm not sure the footprint size of the 600, but it will not be that much greater.

If I remember right it 3.5 by 3.5 which is about what's I was looking for 3x3
Hey keemoe,
As greengo said it works well for a 2.7*2.7 tent. But even in my tent I think when it comes to flowering I think it would barely be cutting it. I would prefer having two of them to run different spectrums throughout the grow cycle. For a 3*3 it could do fine but how many plants are you planning on running under it?

Distilled water is the same as ro water or rainwater. People use these so that they can closely control the nutrients and ppms. Water is 33% oxygen

Whilst it's true that pure water contains two molecules of hydrogen and one molecule of oxygen, it is more typical to find levels of dissolved oxygen in our water sources, which can be affected by many factors including salt and particulates to name but two.
Dissolved oxygen enters water through the air or as a plant byproduct. From the air, oxygen can slowly diffuse across the water’s surface from the surrounding atmosphere, or be mixed in quickly through aeration, whether natural or man-made 7. The aeration of water can be caused by wind (creating waves), rapids, waterfalls, ground water discharge or other forms of running water. Man-made causes of aeration vary from an aquarium air pump to a hand-turned waterwheel to a large dam. Dissolved Oxygen - Environmental Measurement Systems

That being said, I understand that many do like to control their ppms of tds, but that does not negate the fact that plant roots do need oxygen and this can often be supplied by the very act of the water percolating through the soil or other growing media.

420-magazine-mobile1221450704.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1377750483.jpg

So wanted to give a little update.
I'm honestly thinking the mystery plant is a photoperiod. So if male, obviously I'll cut it down. If female I'm kind of worried about what to do. I guess I could wait until my dark devil autos go into flowering, then turn my 20/4 light schedule into 18/6 or 16/8 in hopes of triggering her into flowering. Idk if that will be enough to do it though. I'm also worried about the height it may reach. Since getting rid of the other mystery plant that was male, this one has doubled in size and isn't showing signs of slowing down. Any thoughts on how to make this a more controlled grow considering my constraints?

You could always super crop it. I've done that to all the taller shoots in my tent so I now have an even canopy.
Thought of it. But if it is in fact an auto, wouldn't that be stressing it a little too much? I guess I could wait to see if it is an auto before doing so.

Back
Top Bottom