Newbie 300W LED Auto Grow

Hightower5428

Hello everyone. This is my first grow ever and I figured what better way to learn that to start a journal and accept advice from the best. I chose LED due to costs and functionality and have read many articles on how to properly grow them. I will keep up on the journal as much as possible due to my work schedule. So here is what I will be working with:

Lights: 300w led
Soil: fox farm ocean
Nutes: fox farm triple
Hum/temp: 60%/75-80F.

I will be growing two girls of Candy Cane Autos from CKS. So far, I used their recommendation for germ, had both pop and just put them each in their own 4gal pot about 1/4 deep. Totally open for advice and support as my wife thinks everything I grows die. My main concern is I do not want them tall as space is limited. Curious if anyone has inputs on when and how close to put the light to avoid stretching. Thanks everyone!

So it's been awhile since I posted thisborginal post. First 2 seeds got dried out in the paper towl. Re soaked them and they seemed to doing just fine. The taproom wasn't showing signs of being super dry about a day ofbwatering the towel. But was not going in length. I put them in soil to hope for the best. After about a week of not sprouting I dug them up to see them dried like raisins. So I had to go back to step one.

I soaked the candy cane in a cup of water for 23 hours. They had both cracked and this time I made sure the paper towel stayed moist. Within 15 hrs in the towel both new beans had take lots about 1/2 in. Moistened the soil and planted about 1/4in deep. The attached pictures show the new beans on day 3 in soil. The nature plant in the front was some random bean I found which is luckily a female. Had some rough starts with her but was due to overwatering I think. Plus she is not bushy but that could be because she's not a bushy strain. The problem I'm having is keeping height of the light at an even distance to the new seedlings and the grown. Any suggestions?
420-magazine-mobile2099175910.jpg
420-magazine-mobile658851137.jpg
420-magazine-mobile919240558.jpg

The first two are candy cane from CKS and the last is an overall insight into my setup. Thanks for stopping by!

Sent from my VS986 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

You don't want the light too close to the seedlings for awhile, so not an issue I don't think until they seem to be stretching too much. Looks like you are adjusting it by having the pots at different heights, pretty much what you do far as I know. I'm still learning, kind of had similar problem when I had two different Clones I bought as one was Indica dominant and the other was Sativa dominant. But don't think them being slightly different heights hurt me that much, from what I could tell (in my Anti Journal link, ones I harvested early on the Deep Purple and Dairy Queen strains).

You don't want the light too close to the seedlings for awhile, so not an issue I don't think until they seem to be stretching too much. Looks like you are adjusting it by having the pots at different heights, pretty much what you do far as I know. I'm still learning, kind of had similar problem when I had two different Clones I bought as one was Indica dominant and the other was Sativa dominant. But don't think them being slightly different heights hurt me that much, from what I could tell (in my Anti Journal link, ones I harvested early on the Deep Purple and Dairy Queen strains).
Thanks for the advice. That grown girl in the front seemed to shoot up over the last 2 days. Need to transplant her actually before she gets root bound. Had to raise the seedling pots again and actually moved them close to the led. The seedlings seemed to "reaching" toward the light in an awkward manner and just after a day had a noticeable difference. I'll post a few pics tom. Its been about. 4 days since they popped from soil and according to strain growers the avrage is about 85 from seed to harvest so I will keep everyone posted.

Hello everyone. I was away on vacation for a few weeks and had a buddy taking care of my girls. This is day 16 from seed and everything seems to be looking pretty good.

I had an issue a week,or so ago about my pants on day 8 or 9. When they got watered, the stems started to fall over at a pretty steep angle. Although the leaves were still facing the light and reaching it looked as though the stems couldn't hold up the weight. I bent some paper clips into a "y" shape and supported them up and all seems to be fine now. These girls are just buff and stalky. I don't know if you can tell in the photo but the stems are just so thick and girthy. Nodes are about 1 inch or so apart and looking great keep ya posted.

420-magazine-mobile353288657.jpg
420-magazine-mobile570078199.jpg
420-magazine-mobile114344246.jpg

Hope all is well in your world.

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom