From Seed to Smoke - RQS Blue Mystic & OG Kush - DWC scrog

Happy Harvest Stealth! That OG looks super greasy, wow, great work bro! :circle-of-love:

Thanks Buddy, I just checked out your grow, and she's looking very nice. Happy Harvest to you also.;)

My final harvest of the OG is tonight... if I can get my Mom to babysit for a couple hours after the kids go to bed. Otherwise it will have to wait til tomorrow afternoon.

Update and pics as soon as possible.;)

Hi Hidden.:ciao:

Thanks buddy.;)
I washed my last two harvests and will wash all my harvests from now on. I wash them not because there might be mold, but because I wanna smoke clean bud. I don't wanna smoke bud with dust, or insect droppings (if I've had bugs during the grow), or any insecticide, however mild, if I used any.

I like the analogy that was used in the original article.

Here's a link to the original post with instructions on how to wash your buds.

Bud Washing

As for the flushing product, I've never used any before, but if you have some that was given to you give it a try, it shouldn't hurt.;)

I'm gonna give the flush product a try and then flush with RO water after anyway.
I'm very interested in washing my buds though because I'm not happy about the environment it was grown in and literally every single bud has at least 2 cat hairs in it.
Going to ready up on that now!

Does it decrease THC, potency, taste in anyway?

I'm gonna give the flush product a try and then flush with RO water after anyway.
I'm very interested in washing my buds though because I'm not happy about the environment it was grown in and literally every single bud has at least 2 cat hairs in it.
Going to ready up on that now!

Does it decrease THC, potency, taste in anyway?

Do the Bud wash for sure, you won't be disappointed.
The Bud Wash does not effect THC, potency or taste at all, If anything its a smoother smoke after washing.

This Bud was washed and the trichomes are all there, and it gets me plenty high.:rollit:

IMG_0004127.JPG

Hi everyone.:ciao:

Last night was the final harvest of the OG Kush, and reservoir change night for the new Critical and OG plants.
The extra week under the lights helped a lot, and the buds were ready to be harvested. I did the Bud Wash again and hung them in the closet to dry. Should have a final weight next week. Overall I'd have to say I wasn't impressed with the yield of the OG, the plants never really formed proper cola's, just popcorn all over. I heard that OG Kush wasn't the biggest producer, so I wasn't surprised. The quality is very nice though, I'm into the OG from last weeks harvest already cause I ran out of meds. Even without a full cure, the buds are burning very nice, with light grey to white ashes, and the taste is the expected OG Kush dankness...mmmmmmmm. I find the taste very similar to the Master Kush from my first grow, very earthy and...dank.

IMG_0003137.JPG

IMG_0001126.JPG

IMG_0005132.JPG

The Critical and the new OG Kush are doing great, roots are well established now, and they are starting to put out a lot of growth at the lower nodes. All three plants have been topped now, and are responding well. I've also started LST on the new branches formed by the topping. Just bending them down by hand now the get the plant used to it, I didn't have anything handy to tie down the branches yesterday, next time I visit I will tie them down properly.

Critical & OG Kush Stats
PPM=385
PH=5.8
Air Temp= 77F
Water Temp= 69F
RH=51%

IMG_0007107.JPG

IMG_001382.JPG

IMG_001185.JPG

IMG_000898.JPG

IMG_0009102.JPG

IMG_001098.JPG

IMG_001279.JPG

That's all for this week, next update once I get a dry weight from the OG Kush harvest in a few days.
Hope everyone has a great weekend, and stay medicated my friends.;)

hey stealthy good to see you are still keepin it green!

Hey Voodoo, what's up buddy!! How ya been?
Yeah, I'm still here, don't think I'll ever stop growing my own now that I have started.;)

Hey Stealth! Some nice ass buds my friend congrats, also some nice looking babies. It looks like you have the start to a nice flux going on? :)

Thanks LA. I'm actually gonna experiment with these ones a little I think. The lone OG Kush is gonna get her own closet, and I'm gonna try and do a Bonsai. I mean i'm just gonna train the 2 main tops around the screen and let all the branches become the new tops. That way I don't have to top or FIM the plant at all....if that makes any sense.;)

The two Criticals are gonna stay together in their closet, and I'm just gonna do the same as always but with two plants this time instead of just one. Critical is supposed to be a fairly squat compact plant, so I'm trying to ensure as high a yield as possible by putting the two plants in.

Thanks for the bud washing tips and advice. I think I'm gonna do it, well I think I will do it to half the crop and do a comparison (I like side by side tests)

Thanks man, how come you added h202 to the cold water bucket?

Thanks man, how come you added h202 to the cold water bucket?

I didn't. I also might not have followed DocBuds directions exactly....but close enough. Here's what I did.

After I chop a branch off the plant I remove all fan leaves, but I leave anything that has noticeable trichombs. I keep all my trim for bubble hash, and this way even the trim is clean. Once the plant is down and fan leaves are removed, your ready to wash.;)

Tip-- I find it easier to wash whole branches at a time, not individual buds. It saves a ton of time, and you have something to hold onto while your washing the buds. Leave all the buds attached to the branches until its dry, and your ready to trim.

1st bucket= 2.5 gal of hot water (not too hot, tolerable to put your hand in it) with a 500ml bottle of 3% hydrogen peroxide. The kind of H2O2 you use on cuts, not the 29% strong stuff you can add to your DWC reservoir.

2nd bucket= 2.5 gal of room temp water with 1/2 cup of lemon juice, and 1 or 2 Tbsp of baking soda.

3rd bucket= cold water

I swirl and dunk the buds in each bucket, starting at bucket 1 with H2O2, and go down the line. I let the plants drip dry between buckets for 15-20 seconds, and after the 3rd bucket the branches get tied to a hanger and into the closet to dry. Done.

You'll notice how the wash water gets dirty, especially the first bucket. And to think that we normally would smoke that dirt if we didn't wash the buds.;)

Good luck.

Congrats Healthy Plant McStealthy...

Back
Top Bottom