Blue Mystic Autos + LEDs + Bubbles

Wow beautiful buds nice haul too!! :Rasta:

All in all, we're pleased. Learned a ton on this grow, perhaps even more than on my first one.

Now, I not only know what I'd do differently, I also understand why.

Your LowRyder ladies looked amazing! How are they? If they're anything like they look, I can only imagine 'sweet & stellar'!

Damn Buddy Nice haul and another solid grow. I know I am late on this one but you did a great job. I am looking forward to more grows from you, keep up the good work man.:popcorn: Come check out my new grow if you havnt got a chance.Anomoly's Big Bud 800 Watt LED/CFL Grow

Oh yeah! - Already subbed to your new grow!

The set-up looks killer, I think multiple mid-sized lights are better than one large one. i.e. - Two Pro-Grow 250s is superior to one Pro-Grow 550 in terms of better coverage. Add in good supplemental lower/side lighting, and that is a winning combination.

The Med Report

Hope everyone is doing well!

top_right-Final2.jpg

A Pot-pourri of Top-Left & Low-Right's nuggets

As we went though the first jar, the mostly lower, airy buds that hadn't had time to cure, I was marginally impressed, at best. Biding the weeks on a dwindling med supply of Blackberry Kush and a White Rhino Cross, purchased at the Farmer's Market, with exception to daily burping we let the jars be.

Earlier this week we tapped into jar 2, happy to discover it has begun to hit its stride...

My girlfriend nicknamed Top-Right "stink-berry". When broken up or ground, Top-Right's flowers produce a pungent, acrid, berry aroma that envelops the room, and berry taste on the exhale (berry intensifies when smoked in a water pipe).

Low-Right, we just kind of call "mystery". She's by far the stickiest, though a bit leafy. As to sroma and taste, some buds can smell and taste earthy/neutral while others from her are very hash/fruity, hence the name mystery - as you don't know what you're gonna taste.

top_right-Final.jpg

Low-Right - front half of lid, Top-Left - back half of lid

Both are fairly heavy hitters, as their Indica dominant heritage would suggest.

Top-Left is the better one if you need to remain upright and function. Nerve/muscle pain reduction is noticeable & adequate. Munchies are minimal.

Low-Right is perfect for heavier pain days, needing to get to sleep, or for a little weekend recreation on the couch with the Wii. Munchies - (Buy stock in Cheetos & Ben & Jerry's) Seriously though, great for stimulating appetite.

If these seeds are any indication of what the true photoperiod Blue Mystics are capable of, I can highly recommend them (the non-auto) and look forward to trying them in the future.

From Low-Right's airy buds & the bottom of the manicure pan, we garnered a total of 13 mature seeds, so far. I'm sure there will be more, we've not found any in the samples from the cure jars and none from any of Top-Right's buds.
I may do a "jar-seed" grow soon.

Again, many thanks go out to my fellow forum inhabitants, without the knowledge of whom, I would not be far along as I am in my quest to grow the best.

:peacetwo:

Great smoke report Endive! That's odd how the same plant will taste different from different buds I guess?

Knowing you you're planning another grow real soon... we'll be waiting :tokin:

Hey all, I'm looking for input on 400 - 600watts of HID lighting... Electronic/Digital or Magnetic ballast? Dimmable or fixed? HSP, MH, Dual Arc or CMH?

Help! :scratchinghead:

Hey all, I'm looking for input on 400 - 600watts of HID lighting... Electronic/Digital or Magnetic ballast? Dimmable or fixed? HSP, MH, Dual Arc or CMH?

Help! :scratchinghead:

Hmm sounds fun, I love getting new toys and setting them up:thumb: Like I said before I am not a pro On HID's but I have learned something along the way.:reading420magazine: Its all about your grow space, personal needs and expectations versus space limitation,budget, etc.. In my opinion electronically ballasted 600 watt HPS with an air cooled Hood is the best medium of all worlds. I am not sure that digital ballast are all that different or worth the extra money but I do think it is worth it to go from magnetic remote ballast to electronic. First with an electronic ballast is half the weight of a magnetic ballast. Secondly you don't have a huge electromagnet throwing out magnetic waves and other harmful shit. Thats why you see some photos of grow rooms and there are lines and interference in the picture, that is from magnetic ballasts. So although those waves generally don't travel more than 3 or 4 feet I would not want to take my chances if your grow room is near an area where people will be populating unless you want your kid to have three arms:trance: Magnetic ballasts will be the cheapest since it is the oldest technology so there is one thing you can count on and thats reliability and proven technology with magnetic ballasts. I say a 600 watt as well because its not to small and its not to big, which means your power bill will not take as much of a hit as running a 1000watt but you will be able to grow comparable if not better buds. Secondly I think the heat given off by a 600 watt is manageable in even the smallest of grow rooms and can be effective in some of the biggest as well. If you are on a power crunch 600 watt systems gives you more options as far as adding additional light, fans, dehumidifiers, etc. That is mostly the reason I went with a 600 watt so I would have enough room to add my LED's as supplemental and have more ways of getting coverage and light onto the plants. Lastly the market really loves 600 watt just for the reasons I said so there are many options and accessories like MH conversion bulbs that they do not make for 1000 watt systems. For me this was the best option as buying two separate ballast for two different bulbs was not economical or feasible for me, and I wanted the benefit of HPS and MH I did not want to grow with one spectrum the whole time. So I got a 600 watt HPS ballast and got a MH conversion bulb that would fit my HPS system and I think thats the best purchase I ever made. hope this helps a little.:thumb:

...So I got a 600 watt HPS ballast and got a MH conversion bulb that would fit my HPS system and I think thats the best purchase I ever made. hope this helps a little.:thumb:

Helps immensely, thank you Bro!

I have my eye on:
600w Dimmable, ReVolt Ballast, 6" Air Cool Tube Reflector, includes 1 Super Horti HPS & 1- 600w Enhanced MH

The dimming feature is huge to me, as I only have the ambient air temps to keep things cool, so to be able to cut to 50% power & heat is huge. Plus at the 600 watt level, they now have the HPS/MH combo bulbs, they run something like 350 watts HPS and 250 watts MH simultaneously.

The only thing stopping me from clicking "Order Now" is a lack of $220 they wish to barter for this set-up. :tokin:

I always hate closing out a journal, I guess it is time to kick this over to "Completed Journals".

Again, I thank everyone for their input & contributions!

Endive, you and all the other hydroponicshut led growers are my heroes <3
(very nice LED buds I was extremely impressed) .

I got my pg180 light a month back, it rocks. Cant wait to see your new grow,
gonna have HID and LED working together eh? Sounds good to me! :thumb:

I also purchased a HID (250w digital mh/hps switchable), mostly to shut up all the smack talking LED haters but I actually have a decent size closet (I could use another pg180 and I'm good as far as lights go).

Hi endive

Thanks for sharing your grow with us!

Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I'll moving this to completed journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please start one here:
Journals in Progress

Hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine!

Hey endive! This was a great grow and I'm looking forward to your next one. Don't be a stranger in the meantime :tokin:

Thank you BlueDog, really appreciated your insight & support! I've got things under lights, in soil, in water... all I need now is a little more time...
:)

Endive, you and all the other hydroponicshut led growers are my heroes <3
(very nice LED buds I was extremely impressed) .

I got my pg180 light a month back, it rocks. Cant wait to see your new grow,
gonna have HID and LED working together eh? Sounds good to me! :thumb:

I also purchased a HID (250w digital mh/hps switchable), mostly to shut up all the smack talking LED haters but I actually have a decent size closet (I could use another pg180 and I'm good as far as lights go).

Thanks FiveSixDeuce,

I give credit to the whole community really, I lurked, saw who was doing what, and was fortunate to build off the successes of others and learn from their mistakes (and my own as well).

Glad to hear you (and your plants I assume :) ), are liking the Pro-Grow LEDs.
Sounds like you are on your way to a killer set-up! I think low wattage HID and 2x PG LEDs will make for a small garden of heaven.

I'm in transition as I'm stetting up my regular garden, I need to get on a reliable, perpetual cycle and then set-up a laboratory/clone tent for testing & experiments. I'm investigating lighting options for both. I'm currently testing two 50w 2nd gen. induction lamps. My goal is to see what they can do standalone in a 2 plant grow, then assess if they will be a more efficient choice than HID (regarding power & temp) as supplemental lighting in concert with LED.

DSC03914-post-533x400.jpg

Nirvana Blackberry Under 2 Pro-Grow 50w Magnetic Induction Lamps

We all trash-talk once in a while for fun, but only the insecure seek sanctuary in it. Some see the cup half full, some see it half empty, I just see it at 50% of its capacity.

I hope you'll have a journal up & running!

:peace: e.

hey I just wanted to say great journal I just finished reading and i am very impressed. Im not sure if I understand clearly but, did you only use the pro-grow 180 by itself for most of the grow? Also do you know the lens angle on that model 60, 90,120? I checked out their site but it wasnt listed. Thanks for sharing with everyone.:goodjob:

Hi lucasjriv!

I ran CFLs from seedling to veg, then 1 Pro-Grow 180 with 1 older version CREE 90w UFO from veg to bloom. The 2010 PG 180 uses 90º lenses for a fair footprint with decent penetration.

I'm really happy with the PG line they've all worked very well for me, it's one of the only LEDs I know of that can go Veg to Bloom, with no problem and they have a pretty sweet price point as well.

Glad to help out! :yummy:

Hey, Must feel great to have crushed that grow. This is my first thread and I am also attempting my first grow. I was really interested and impressed (mildly stated) with the results you created since I will also be using an LED (130w Stealth Light) with supplemental CFLs. I've been searching everywhere for LED grow results and was starting to doubt my LED purchase (will be in my hands in a few days) with all the negative feedback still out there. Your results have put those fears to rest. Hope you will be around for my ultra-nube questions and problems. Seems like everyone who watched your grow was super supportive on this forum.

Thanks

Hey, Must feel great to have crushed that grow. This is my first thread and I am also attempting my first grow. I was really interested and impressed (mildly stated) with the results you created since I will also be using an LED (130w Stealth Light) with supplemental CFLs. I've been searching everywhere for LED grow results and was starting to doubt my LED purchase (will be in my hands in a few days) with all the negative feedback still out there. Your results have put those fears to rest. Hope you will be around for my ultra-nube questions and problems. Seems like everyone who watched your grow was super supportive on this forum.

Thanks

I'm happy to help out any way I can. Sounds like you're off to a solid start. I look forward to following your grow!

Mr Krip" Shhhhhhhhhh. I was going to try to talk him out of those 'worthless' hermie seeds.:rofl:

Remember the errant pollination (left us with 13 mature seeds)? Well, this past week, we dropped 2 of the seeds into coco-pellets, added water and they sprouted with a fierce determination to grow.

DSC04053Day2-533x400.jpg

Our first in-house-bred seeds eagerly sprout,
as 2 of the 13 collected, seeds are planted in soil and take root...

:morenutes:

Back
Top Bottom