Salchipapa27's - Soil - Blue Mystic Auto - Grow Journal - 2016

Well it could. Be careful. I just think that you have a lot of stretch and in the end the light must be adjusted for the top flowers. That means the lower flowers wont develop as much. But that much stretch in general is a sign of lack of light. Now very soon the thing will stop growing stalks and just grow flowers so it is not so much a big deal...but. You have proven via the stretch that your lighting is low so that means less potent buds that may take longer to mature and wont be as dense.

T5 is great for starting but you want something with more PAR during bloom.

Don't be afraid in the end to harvest the mature tops and let the immature bottoms go a few more weeks. I recommend going way longer then you want to with this strain.

Yea i guess im going to have to the lst training on the regular is paying off a lot. Its almost the size of the the autos without any vertical height increasing. I didnt kno much about lst when i started the autos. What would you recommend for bloom? Like an LED? Howd you bring your BM auto to such beautiful lengths during flowering?

I use the top of the line professional lighting. I have tried many things. The better lights you get the better results you get as long as you have the right ventilation to manage the heat.

There are many tests you can find online. I have the best ballast on the market that adds 10% more PAR over most top of the line ballasts. I have the best bulb on the market that is a few generations ahead of the rest and has the best output by far. I have a small compact reflector to get intense light reflected down in a small space as I grow in a small 5' x 5' tent. That is considered a real small space...smaller is VERY small. Professional growing spaces are much larger than a tent. a 4x4 is about the smallest you can go and use top of the line lighting and maintain the heat regulation. You can go smaller it just keeps getting harder and harder.

I recently added 2 LED lights for the fun of it because they are so cheap right now on ebay. Gets me some extra spectrum. Since my ballast is adjustable I can lower the wattage way down to 650W for early growing and drop the light way down to cover a smaller area. then as I need to start spacing things out I can raise the light and up the intensity.

I just started a journal for my next grow and all my stuff is explained there.

I found a vivosun double ended 1000w hps on ebay just now but im going to go to my local grow store and compar prices. The regular that im LST i really want to get a good harvest from her and the future plants. So i guess ill have to switch from the t5s to the hps and get myself a ballast huh?

There are a lot of good light options. HID has its place, LED has its place, T5 has its place, CFL as well. it all depends on the grow space and ventilation and your budget and many other factors. it is not an easy decision I think. LED is much more expensive up front pound for pound but may cost less in the long run...I just don't know about that because many don't last long. I think the main reason to use a LED is because the run cooler so if you can't vent well you may need LED.

I have always Grown with HID. I just got LEDs for the first time a month or so back and I am just now starting to use them to supplement my HID.

DE HID is WAY better than SE HID. The bulbs are a bit more expensive but they last way longer and degrade much slower and put out way more light. In the end you spend less and get more from DE.

Don't waste your time getting 2 different bulbs just get an HPS and be done with it. You can grow and bloom under either HPS or MH but most pros only use HPS for a few reasons. Most modern setups you can just exchange the bulb if you have a nice ballast but it still just isn't worth the money.

600 is really all you need if you do it right. I like the flexibility of a 1000 but it gets way hotter so you have to be able to deal with that. But using a 600 correctly you can get intensity similar to growing at the equator which is all any plant on earth was ever genetically evolved to handle.

Watch this video before buying HID lighting. You will learn a lot.

Wow VI Thanks a lot I really appreciate you passing off the info. From the conclusion of watching this a researching a little bit more about HPS I really want to just get the double winged reflector with a DE for the HID Light since my tent is only 2.7x2.7 I think ill only need that one doing all that work vs. a 8 bulb t5 only gettting my so far in my current grow. Unfortunately due to expenses im going to have to make my best out of this situation with the t5 fixture untill I have enough to buy the HID Kit. Does the HID bring up utilities?

So the leaders in DE are Gavita. They were the first ones to try using them in the Grow room and their bulb is like on gen 5 way more advanced then everyone else. It is now made by Philips to Gavita specs.

That said Hydro Farm has a knock off that actually beat it in the end in head to head contests. But the gold standard is these guys. this is a great video to watch to understand this type of light. This is truly big time pro lighting meant for a large room but works great in a well ventilated smaller space.

I use a Solistek ballast as they make the best ballasts with a tight small concentrating reflector and a Gavita bulb. Best money can buy.

filter_and_hood.jpg

And I forgot...I did take one more pic of that Blue mystic. After some curing...

Sample_BM_close.jpg

I definitely loved the video. Gavita seems to be the best option to run. I wouldnt settle for something like it just for a few bucks short of what Gavita costs. I would probably just get the 1000 then depending on when the time comes how much I have to spend on it. But how has running HPS been for utilities?

I am a yuppie with a college degree and a good job. I have that on autopay and don't concern myself with it to be honest.

I have other lights and fans and bla bla so it is hard to tell exactly. But it isn't crazy. I have a big house so it really as a percentage doesn't add too much to me.

I am sure from your bill you can calculate the average rate and do the math as long as they don't have a rate hike over a certain amount.

Sorry.

Your current T5 is capable of producing 450g+ per grow. If nothing else, keep it for a veg tent.

Your current T5 is capable of producing 450g+ per grow. If nothing else, keep it for a veg tent.

theyre beautiful:circle-of-love: yea well being my first grow i probably did a lot of mistakes like transplanting them. Using a hot soil (FFOF) But in the end I just gotta hope for the best

G'Day everyone, This is an update covering mostly the two BM Autos that are flowering. One is showing a little more growth than the other. I think in the photos you can kinda see the distance between the light and the top of the canopy. Well here it is
20160223_192818-1.jpg
20160223_192813-1.jpg
20160223_192828-1.jpg
20160223_192823-1.jpg
20160223_192842-1.jpg

All feedback is welcomed :thumb:

wish i could help you man. but i dont now anythong about t5. A good way though to know if they are too close , is to put your hand on the canopy level for 1-2 min, and feel the heat on you. if its hot for you its for the plants too. if not you can try to move your hand closer to the lamp etc etc...:circle-of-love:

wish i could help you man. but i dont now anythong about t5. A good way though to know if they are too close , is to put your hand on the canopy level for 1-2 min, and feel the heat on you. if its hot for you its for the plants too. if not you can try to move your hand closer to the lamp etc etc...:circle-of-love:
Thank you. Yea ive tried that i think the height is fine for the one thats closer to the light but its funny because the one a little further away is showing thicker and taller growth while the other is showing little popcorns thats closer to the light haha .

you can use something to bring it closer. like books or something. all my plants are on height stands because one of them got too tall, so i had to move the light higher . but i couldnt leave the others so low. i think your plants stretched while they were young. not much you can do about it now. just give them as much light as you can. if you grow only autos, i suggest you to read atrains journals. they helped me very very very much:cheer:

you can use something to bring it closer. like books or something. all my plants are on height stands because one of them got too tall, so i had to move the light higher . but i couldnt leave the others so low. i think your plants stretched while they were young. not much you can do about it now. just give them as much light as you can. if you grow only autos, i suggest you to read atrains journals. they helped me very very very much:cheer:
Yea ill use something to bring up the seedling i have in the tent but the light could be adjusted to go down more but i dont know ill give it another week because for some reason the pistils are super orange but theres alot of white trics if im using the terminology right.

I would increase the height of the young plant sooner than later. As long as it stays so far from light, it will stretch in height and you don't want that so early in her life. Its better to stretch them in height during preflower period. You need to make her as bushier as you can during veg stage, by keeping her as close as you can to the light. More bushier means more leaves, more photosynthesize, better yield. You can also make some research on LST training. Its very easy and works great with autos.

Hello everyone. New update. I think the autos are approaching harvest time. This was definitely a learning experience. I definitely need my next two grows to be insanely yielding and fruitful. But anyway. Heres the report.

I flushed both autos. Because of the intense yellowing and nitrogen deficiency/toxicity. I think it could be the FFOF (hot soil) to blame for the yellowing and the stunted growth im not sure why, could have been from the transplantting, maybe the light at first. Not sure exactly. Last night was pretty cold, actually the past couple nights have been and I think the Blue hues are starting to show on the leaf tips.
20160303_085842.jpg
20160303_085901.jpg

:cheer:

Happily enough the auto that was super tiny popcorn budish is coming around a little. reminding me of the other auto but a few days behind.
20160303_090022.jpg

and the crazy drama between determination and sadness. unlike the autos I have a mystery free seed that reaks of that danky dank but unfortunately ive noticed some ball like things on the nodes. but I also thought it was a female.
here are some pics.

20160303_085919.jpg
20160303_085940.jpg
20160303_090001.jpg

Here is the auto seedling I have going. When do you think I can start the LST? I didn't want to yet because i'm scared to snap the main stem when it's so young.
20160303_090035.jpg

Thanks everyone who's been helping and giving me feedback. Everyone is welcome and so is any feedback!
:thumb::Namaste:

The younger the branch the less likely it will break from training. You don't want to train once it becomes like hard almost like wood. when it is green it will train easily. If you are worried go slow and do a little bit every few hours but eventually you will get the hang of it and realize how easy it is.

Branches do break once in a while though. Then you either repair it (which almost anything can be repaired) or cleanly remove it and all the nutes and goodness get used up making bigger flowers elsewhere. But it is not Catastrophic.

Back
Top Bottom