Salchipapa27's - Soil - Blue Mystic Auto - Grow Journal - 2016

The younger the branch the less likely it will break from training. You don't want to train once it becomes like hard almost like wood. when it is green it will train easily. If you are worried go slow and do a little bit every few hours but eventually you will get the hang of it and realize how easy it is.

Branches do break once in a while though. Then you either repair it (which almost anything can be repaired) or cleanly remove it and all the nutes and goodness get used up making bigger flowers elsewhere. But it is not Catastrophic.
Okay great thanks for the advice. I definitely wanna setup some ties then because i see the little leaves inside the seedling not getting enough light. Thanks VI !

My man, if you are a noob like me you may want to avoid transplanting autos. Its safer to start and finish them in one pot. I agree with village about training. Yours are at the right age and size to start LST. Or try ponytailing i think its called an other technique (always confuses my stoned brain). :tokin: you can check my journal if you want at first pages to see how i did some lst. I'm a first time grower too and LST was easy. Though i broke at later stages a branch trying to lst and threw it away. i broke a second time and i taped it back and now its a nice bud almost ready to harvest. hope i helped somehow mate. :circle-of-love:

Also one more thing. At this early stage try to keep them as close to the lights as possible. At this point you dont want too much height stretch. :cheer:

I would recommend a photo period plant to have more control over yield.

So. I snipped the top off and dried it and now curing it. Its not too big but i took pictures. After typing this i realize i probably shouldve waited longer but its all a learning experience. Next time i want regular/feminized seeds. If anybody knows a very well reputable brand please let me know or inbox it if you violates posts guidelines. Anyways heres the pics theyre a little dark so i could show the orange.
20160307_084309.jpg
20160307_084324.jpg

My man, if you are a noob like me you may want to avoid transplanting autos. Its safer to start and finish them in one pot. I agree with village about training. Yours are at the right age and size to start LST. Or try ponytailing i think its called an other technique (always confuses my stoned brain). :tokin: you can check my journal if you want at first pages to see how i did some lst. I'm a first time grower too and LST was easy. Though i broke at later stages a branch trying to lst and threw it away. i broke a second time and i taped it back and now its a nice bud almost ready to harvest. hope i helped somehow mate. :circle-of-love:

Also one more thing. At this early stage try to keep them as close to the lights as possible. At this point you dont want too much height stretch. :cheer:

You did help and i got started LST'ing the seedling. I hope this one could surpass the two before it with this training. Ill definitely show a comparisson at the end of this journal when shes about to harvest

A drunken manifestation lead me to chop down one of them. Theyre all drying now. Hopefully get pics of them in a week or so the stems are thin but i shaved them down for quicker drying time. Thanks a lot for all the help on this journal. A new one coming up soon blueberry from crop kings. Theyre regular seeds. What size pot should i use do you think?

Each time it gets better. The most important thing to learn is patience. Next time let it go what you think is real long.

To be honest when do you want to start. if you can wait some time I would take that soil you just used and compost it down and make a supper soil and go all natural.

Well I would do that anyway and if you don't want to wait we can start you off with a decent blend and the compost will be ready for your clones. :)

In my sig is a link to my journal. Give that read through and maybe you will be inspired.

A few things always listen to villiageldiot. Humidity need to be higher and I would also top more. I avoided super cropping my first time since I would be stressing the girls from extra love. "Ripples was bang on with Lights, watering, PH, RH, Temps, Airflow, and DON"T over feed! Less is more in this case." I bought a few products one called vp cannot remember what it stands for but did get rid after 1 treatment. I am dying for the greenhouses to open in another month so I can get some giagreen living soil!

It's difficult to say which breeder suits your growing style with any degree of accuracy. The hard truth is it will take some decent research into your preferred grow media, the amount of nutes you want to use and what a strain can handle as well as final plant size and length of time to mature. That in addition to selecting a strain that will provide the desired remedy. I think you know this and are already on the right track.

I grow in passive hydro and have always had good luck with Nirvana genetics. I currently have a BC Depot plant in the same setup that is not doing as well as it should. I'm sure it's a fine plant but it appears to require a slightly different environment. I'm honest with myself and admit I'm too lazy to fuss with different feed requirements during the grow. So, I won't grow that strain again. Not in a mixed grow anyway. I's not a bad thing. We're just not compatible in the grow room at the moment :)

I do have some additional breeders feminized 5 packs I will run after this. I've learned as a beginning grower it's difficult to mix strains in the same grow space. Going forward I will run a SOG of a single strain to maximize yield and keep things simple for myself.

You've landed on a phenomenal resource here at 420 mag but you're going to have to develop an internal filter to select the things that suit your style vs what doesn't. There are members here doing some amazing things and I highly respect their knowledge and experience. I tried to find people with similar laziness (lol) in the completed journals and took what worked for them and incorporated parts (not all) into my own grow space.

One thing I try to set myself up for, mentally, is a 12 week flower regardless of what the breeder says. That's usually adequate time for an Indica and most Sativa dominant hybrids. Chances are they will finish earlier than that but the mark on the calendar prevents me from getting over anxious too early. That and get a 10-15 dollar hand held microscope to view the Trichome maturity.

I'm looking forward to seeing you take your grows to the next level! Good luck on your self discovery journey and genetic research. It will pay off in the long run.

/Obi

here here!!!!

Don't settle on a style but in the beginning. Pick something you can manage and is something you can afford. After you know how to grow you can play around and decide.

I for example do both DWC and Organic soil. It just depends on a number of factors. But for example when I do DWC I like to gang systems and use a single res. That means I need to run clones not seeds. You don't want to run the same res on different strains for many reason. The most obvious is what if one is flowering in 9 weeks and the other in 12...well then when do you flush? When do you start bringing down the nutes? Which plant gets to suffer?

Furthermore I personally prefer to run a seed in soil for a number of reasons. So right now I have a bunch of different strains I also got from Nirvana ( I also recommend them) so I put them in soil as I am looking for a mother plant. I will grow any of the females out at least one more time after this if not 2 more times after the seed grow to confirm a number of traits. At that point I will know which one(s) my wife and I prefer. Then I can make a DWC grow again of identical clones and run a stable nute program.

So it all depends on how and why and what your goals are.

Growing a smallish personal grow makes a huge difference over growing a largish pro grow for sale. Many things change in the decision making process.

But all that said don't make any decisions today. Just decide on what form you want to use to learn on and grow that 3 or 4 times. You can't say you have half a clue until you have harvested and cured properly a few times...and it usually takes people a few times at each before they have done it right. So it can take 2 years before you have a basic grasp of how things work. Do not rush your learning, take your time. I just finished a few weeks ago helping someone get their first real harvest. They had been failing for 2 years before coming on here and I helped them and now they got it all dialed in. So don't be frustrated if it takes a while. Many people don't get it right away...most give up to be honest.

And above all patience. Like Obi wan said. Don't harvest early and expect 12 weeks. When you read on the web sight that it takes 9 weeks to flower that is pro conditions without stress and everything dialed in. You may never achieve that honestly. Most people never achieve true greatness they just get really damn good. And that is all you need is real damn good. it is real easy to make home grown that is better then black market especially since you get choice stuff and cook down the rest.

You will be fine just keep up the journals and someone will always be around to steer yo in the right direction.

:thumb:

VI and Obi, thank you a lot for all your support and wisdom :Namaste: I dont get too upset although I am a little lol about these things because each time is a new experience for me to develop knowledge and what works best with what I got. Im happy I was able to bring them to harvest at least. Not the yield i hoped for but I should lower my expectations. The next one same variables is getting the LST so I hope to see some good things from her. The Regular is seeming to turn into a male so hes about to go. then i'm going to put my last auto. and finish them off. I wish I had a bigger space for less time comsuption but like I said I go with what I got. I'll close this journal once I bring the LST BM Auto to harvest to do a comparison with the difference. i'll start up the blueberry also. I heard they have a little bit of pH fluxes good thing I have the test kit. Thanks again for all your advice and help. VI i'll check out the journal you speak of for a thorough read but regardless i'm usually always looking up and reading you and obi's posts for more wisdom. You're right it's gonna take a while before I can even say I THINK i got the hang of it. But thats a journey. I will update this again when the the cut downs are dried and curing. Thanks again! :thumb:

Girl #2 got snipped this morning. Just finished getting her all in the dry box. Her top cola was actually bigger than the first one that was believed to be better than the strechy one but the stretchy one yielded pretty good in comparison to the first one

This post will be flooded with close magnified pics of what I believe to be the pre flowers beginning to form on a regular seed I was LSTing that was believed to be Male. Im in denial and keep hoping so I took a lot of pics that I will post here for further insight from the people here that stop by this journal and also post it to a gender thread.

20160310_094743.jpg
20160310_094805.jpg
20160310_094839.jpg
20160310_094857.jpg
20160310_094916.jpg
20160310_094932.jpg
20160310_094949.jpg
20160310_095006.jpg
20160310_095029.jpg

:confused:
Please help! and also heres a pic of the stretchy BM Auto girl #2 that was chopped and trimmed and hung to dry this morning.
20160310_095100.jpg

:circle-of-love:
On a side note I would like it if someone could tell me why the hay smell in the jar of the cure of the first BM auto is so strong? I should of cleaned the jars before putting the bud in there maybe? I feel like that could be it but they were almost bone dry going in there but I left a lot of stems for moisture to be there a little. Thanks for any help! :thumb:

First off That is likely male but no need to yank it for a while . Just be patient and you will find out in due time.

Hay smell is normal and that is why you cure. in my journal I posted a bunch about curing a few days back. A proper cure will get rid of the hay smell. You need to jar it at about 65% humidity for the bacteria you want growing in there to grow. Also don't burp it at that point. You only burp if you jar too early. The bacteria will not thrive and die if the humidity gets below 55 and above about 65. It is anaerobic so each time you open the jar it kills them and the process starts over.

you can get these humidity packs that hold the humidity right at 62% which are good for beginners who don't know how to cure.

I explain this and a lot more in my journal on page 7 about 1/3rd of the way down.

First off That is likely male but no need to yank it for a while . Just be patient and you will find out in due time.

Hay smell is normal and that is why you cure. in my journal I posted a bunch about curing a few days back. A proper cure will get rid of the hay smell. You need to jar it at about 65% humidity for the bacteria you want growing in there to grow. Also don't burp it at that point. You only burp if you jar too early. The bacteria will not thrive and die if the humidity gets below 55 and above about 65. It is anaerobic so each time you open the jar it kills them and the process starts over.

you can get these humidity packs that hold the humidity right at 62% which are good for beginners who don't know how to cure.

I explain this and a lot more in my journal on page 7 about 1/3rd of the way down.
I might have to get a pack then! I was wondering how come they are so dry and hayish. But the hay smell is disappearing. Maybe ive been burping too often. Ill just let it chill and cop the beveda pack i think they only have 32s but maybe if i get two? My logic might be crazy lol

yes that is crazy LOL

You can get 62's from amazon. I don't know but maybe the local hydro store sells them. You might find some at a cigar shop.

Back
Top Bottom