Salchipapa27's - Soil - Blue Mystic Auto - Grow Journal - 2016

Hey Sorry i have missed a bunch of questions but I recently ran that BM auto from Nirvana. It was a short fast plant but I stressed it accidentally a few ways. It could have been much bigger but also was still very potent. It is a real slow finisher. At least mine was. Maybe because it bloomed so fast it kept wanting to get riper and riper.

These were about day 13

AF_small.JPG

11_8_AF.JPG

Trained after bloom started

Training11.jpg

mid bloom

upright1.jpg

But I made a bunch of errors bringing down the final yield.

But it is good stuff.

I did see a male site very early on which I removed and never saw any again. These are hermies and are supposed to be more sensitive so I would just remove the male pollen sac and not worry too much.

In my sig is a link to my journal. Starting on page 7 second post I go through the basics of curing. Go to amazon and get the humidity packs and use them in the mason jars for your first few batches until you have the transition worked out. There is a bit of work involved in dialing in the drying space you are using.

If you want to ask questions about the curing after reading through that section you can ask in my journal. Or again here if you want it documented here.

VI! I was afraid we lost you from the journal. Okay so ill remove that weird pollen sac growth i was kinda hoping it was a seed coming and i would get a free bean but ill save my losses and just pluck it. Yea i never excepted to see that growth on an auto but anythings possible. As for the curing and drying im going to dry with the fan just on the outside for a little while every day or so until its dry and springy and then jar it with the bovedas. Thanks ! i will check out your journal too for more tips

question, do you think if I HAD a male in the tent but the pollen sacs never popped i should still clean down the grow tent? I didnt wait anytime to clean and just started the next grow and im worried that even though the pollen sacs never popped that maybe thats why i found that growth on the auto

It would be better to clean the tent after a grow. Regardless of males or not. Keep it clean will help avoid pests , infectios, and generally will keep your plants healthier

Thanks gyftobill, after this grow ill just clean up the area with light soap and water i think thatll be fine.

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420

In general you should be growing in a "sterile" environment and it should stay clean. It is possible to grow just fine in a not so clean environment but eventually something will happen. In a sterile clean grow space you can usually easily find the source and clean up the mess and move on. In some Hacken Shack you may not even notice the problem until it has caused some real damage either to the plants or possibly the structure (think of a hidden hydro leak).

The very bare minimum is a grow space should be washed down between grows. If you have a HID light behind glass like in a cool tube or in an air cooled reflector then you will want to clean that down every 2 weeks. It can easily impact 10% illumination which means less product at the end of the grow.

Same is true of most walls... but you can clean those between grows. And spot clean if necessary obviously but you should not need to pull out the plants and wash the walls mid grow. The reflection is poor to begin with as far as the resultant light intensity.

20160403_203812.jpg
20160403_203833.jpg

Moving on up :) still believe that I gotta wait another 8 weeks ish. almost another 2 months :( to cut it down. But it makes sense because I want this to yield more than the other BM Autos. Problem is it never got long enough to twist around ina circle so the LSTing only let me get one side down but I tried my best to clear room and tuck leaves to let all bud sites get light. Today I released the ties and let it just do its thing since I havent seen it try to reach upwards and just continue developing in the bud sites which is still good but I want to it to yield as much as possible. AND heres the freebie regular seed's progress
20160403_203759.jpg

Thats all folks

Nice job, tips are green, internode spacing looks good, great looking garden.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

20160406_230927.jpg

Quick update. THIS BM Auto 3 is definitely stinky and reminds me of the male plant I had to chop out because its so dank. Now im curious also because I found some little weird growth that I picked off if maybe the old regular had something to do with that.... ANYWAY the red arrows drawn from my finger on my phone lol are buds that were facing outwards completely and I put some more LSTing to em. i want all the bud sites and pistils showing to get light. This is gonna be good :) also im going to try to lower temps in the late flowering stages to get some blue hues possibly.

Thanks gyftobill! And haha VI i havent even gotten to try my last harvest but im definitely trying this one out shes extra skunky i dont know why but i like it :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using 420

I know i know... I will wait because even in the late flowering im bringing temps way down for some blueish hue...hopefully

how low temps do u mean mate?

Well i heard and saw some research that lower temps bring out the coloration in some strains like ones that turn purple or blueish such as the blue mystic. Supposedly the blue mystic is suppose to have like a pale blueish hue like a transparent blue if you will. and it'd be really nice to see that so im going to bring the temps down to 50s in the late flowering days to see if it would happen. If i dont see results within that last week or so of flowering then ill bring them in order not to hurt the plant

Back
Top Bottom