From Seed to Smoke - RQS Blue Mystic & OG Kush - DWC scrog

IMG_0003137.JPG

IMG_0001126.JPG

IMG_0005132.JPG

nice looking buds, can't wait to take some harvesting photos myself :)

Hi everyone :ciao:

Time for a new grow, and a new journal. As stated in the title I'm growing 1 Blue Mystic plant and 1 OG Kush plant, each in their own ----------- under LED lights. My goal is to spread out the plants using a trellis, and to fill my closet with beautiful buds. ;)

Blue Mystic

THC: 20%
CBD: Medium
Yield Indoor: 375-425gr m2
Height Indoor: 60 - 100 cm
Flowering time: 9 weeks
Genetic background: Blueberry x Northern Light
Type Sativa: 20% Indica: 80%
Effect: Stoned

Blue Mystic Feminized can be ready for harvest after 8 weeks, giving it a vibrant sweet taste of fresh fruit. If given a little longer (up to 10 weeks), it will lose some flavor, but pay you back with a heavier body stoned effect. As always, we recommend drying your plants before manicuring the buds, but it's especially recommended with Blue Mystic to bring about the full flavor of this plant.

If captured correctly, the flavor of Blue Mystic should be so sweet and refreshing as to give the smoker an actual taste of drinking juice. This intense flavor is equally matched with a super potent Indica stone that leaves users physically locked-down.

My Blue Mystic has been in Veg now for 28 days, She is 12 inches tall and has reached the screen. Feb 1st is the expected flip date.

Blue Mystic Stats
Day 28 of Veg
PPM= 412
PH= 5.7
Air Temp= 74F
Water Temp= 69F
RH= 24%

IMG_0002108.JPG

IMG_0003110.JPG

IMG_0001105.JPG

IMG_000695.JPG

This is a pic of the tallest branch, I FIM'd it last night in hopes of getting 3 or 4 new tops before the flip. I've also topped and FIM'd the plant in a few other places.
IMG_0005106.JPG

OG Kush

THC: 20%
CBD: High
Yield Indoor: 425-475gr m2
Height Indoor: 90 - 160 cm
Flowering time: 8 weeks
Genetic background: Chemdawg x Lemon Thai x Pakistani Kush
Type Sativa: 25% Indica: 75%
Effect: Cerebral and uplifting

The most obvious trait of OG Kush is its strong, unique, very dank, slightly citrus aroma, almost like fuel or strong detergent. The flavor of OG Kush is equally as strong and dank, with a long-lasting aftertaste.

OG Kush is an extremely strong cannabis strain, with most experienced smokers listing it as one of their favourites. The effect is as strong physically as it is mentally. Though its effect is like a Sativa, the strain's genetics are mostly Indica. The effect is as strong and complex as the flavor. OG Kush takes around 8 weeks to flower and on average the yield is 65 grams per plant.

OG Kush is known to stretch slightly during growth but soon starts to fill out during flowering. Generally, it will reach a height of 70 to 100 cm. Its buds are large and dense, lime green clusters covered with a large amount of resin.

OG Kush Stats
Day 1 of Veg.
PPM= 190
PH= 5.7
Air Temp= 75F
Water Temp= 69F
RH= 28%

IMG_003744.JPG

IMG_000883.JPG

Thanks for checking out my grow, its gonna be a fun one.
Stay medicated my friends.;)

Hey Stealthgrow, i'm i huge fan. I've read all your grows and you actually inspired me to get a Deluxe 3.0 led. Unfortunately if arrived with the 2.0 standard instructional dvd, and being a complete noob to hydro it has left me confused and frustrated. If you dont mind explaining which wire goes to which
3-1 adapter and which pumps are on/off the timers.
My Beans are about 3 days away.
Hash Plant fem.
Revolver auto (NYC Diesel x White Widow)
I just want to be setup and post my first grow for all of yall!

Thanks for all your help so far!
Blaze one,
Faze0ne

Hey Stealthgrow, i'm i huge fan. I've read all your grows and you actually inspired me to get a Deluxe 3.0 led. Unfortunately if arrived with the 2.0 standard instructional dvd, and being a complete noob to hydro it has left me confused and frustrated. If you dont mind explaining which wire goes to which
3-1 adapter and which pumps are on/off the timers.
My Beans are about 3 days away.
Hash Plant fem.
Revolver auto (NYC Diesel x White Widow)
I just want to be setup and post my first grow for all of yall!

Thanks for all your help so far!
Blaze one,
Faze0ne

Hi FazeOne
Congrats on your purchase!! Hope you've been able to figure out the timers etc...The only thing I use my Timers for are the lights. The air stones are ALWAYS on, and so are the fans and the carbon filters. I don't use the top feed system at all, so no need to have it on a timer.
3 in 1 adapter? I'm not too sure what your talking about there...
I have continued to chronicle my grows, but now its in video on YouTube. My YouTube name is Cheeba Charlie. - YouTube
I just Harvested a nice crop of Sour Diesel out of the closet, and more OG Kush coming in about 4 weeks.:yummy:
Hope this helps,
Cheers bro. ;)

Hey Stealth, you also inspired me to get the trinity 3.0 led... So let me tell you about my first mistake with this closet.. I grew my seedinglings in a separate chamber I made outside the closets.. I removed the cloning chamber shelf to give myself that extra two feet like you did... After two weeks in my seedling chamber I moved them into the closet .. The roots are not sticking out of the baskets yet but I didn't think it would be an issue.. I figured moving them into the bigger chamber would enhance their growth.. This is where I made my first mistake ... Some dummy from ----------- told me to run the top feed system every 3 hours for 15 mins. So now my girls are looking pretty sad.. I did this for about 48 hours when I realized this isn't right ... They became droopy and nute burn ... So I shut down the aeration and top feed hoping this will dry them out a little .. It's been less than 24 hours... They are still seedlings so I hope they will bounce back from this but I don't know ... Any input or suggestions would be so appreciated ... Other than that .. Thank you for your posts .. It's been a bible to me thus far and I couldn't do it with out you! Hope you can help me down the road brother because I still have much to learn!

High Smokn.
Glad to hear of another super closet owner out there. There is definitely a learning curve when it come to the closets.
Don't use the top feed ever is one of the first rules. ;) The top feed is not needed at all for MMJ, in fact it over waters your plants and kills/delays them for sure. Your seedlings should bounce back but it will take them an extra couple of days.
I follow the feed chart with my General Hydroponics nutes, but at 1/3 to 1/2 strength depending on stage of growth. Full strength will burn the crap out of your plants. I've never really gone over 1000 PPM even at the peak of flower. I also do a two week flush of the plants with R/O water. (Culligan 5 gal. Jugs of water is what I use, It has 0 PPM)
Other than that if you have any other questions just ask buddy, and good luck.
Cheers.

Keep your eyes peeled in the grow forums, I'm gonna start a new journal I think. I'm going to my grow tonight for the weekly changes and I'll snap a few pics to start up the new journal. I've got 2 Amnesia Haze on day 21 of flower in one closet, and 2 more Amnesia and a white widow in veg in the other closet.
Cheers.

Thanks for the reply Steath.. Last night I stayed up late and re read most of your journals... I saw you mentioned not to turn on that top feeder a few times in your posts.. I wish I saw that earlier! Doh! But like you said it's a learning curve and I have to learn some way.. To be honest I expected to mess up my first grow so I'm not using top quality seeds yet .... I picked some good bag seed and I'm praying something great will come out of it ..I used 1/2 strength on the nutes and left 3-4 inches under the net pots.. I plan on dumping a few more gallons of water to bring the water level to about an inch underneath the pots. That should dilute the nutes some more.. I planted 6 in one chamber and I hope to get at least few females out of it .. If I get more than two females I'll move them to the other flower chamber to start their grow .. Right now my other battle with these closets is humidity.. I'm in the northern part of the states and it's been about 0-20F .. So the air is real dry right now .. I got these guys in the basement and the humidity has been hovering around 20-30% which is the same in closet .. So I put a desktop humidifier in the closet to help keep it moist.. Do you have issues with this ever? And do the filters always need to be on even during veg when their isn't much stink? My thinking was why use them if there is no stink and that would prolong their life? Right now I have one on to help balance out the humidity.. If I leave the humidifier on and no filters on it climbs up to about 70% humidity .. If I keep one filter on and the humidifier it stays around 50% ... With both filters on it hovers around 40% .. What a balancing act lol! Other than hope to see you start a new thread soon.. I see your YouTube channel came offline but I did learn a lot from your videos before you pulled them. Your def my Obi Wan Kenobi in this hobby! Thanks Stealth - Stay Smokn!

High again.
Sounds like you have everything under control.
Don't feel like you have to micro manage the humidity lvls, but 70% humidity is definitely high. I usually have my humidity around 40-50%. I ran a dehumidifier at first but it would put out so much heat that I had to get rid of it. Once the plants are big they creat their own humidity in the closets
I find putting another 4inch fan sitting on top of the reservoir after I lollipop helps to control humidity and increases air flow.
I leave my carbon filters on all the time, but only because I'm to lazy to climb behind the closets to unplug them. Unplugging them would help to extend their life. I'm actually still using the original filters that came with the closets for almost 3 years now.

Thanks for the advice Stealth.. I checked on my them tonight and you are right .. Looks like they are bouncing back .. I can see new root growth and they are really stretching towards that water ... The leaves are still a little curled but I guess that doesn't matter as long as they are growing from the bottom ... 3 years on those filters eh? Lol... That's encouraging cuz I didn't want to replace those every year.. Also thanks for the tip on the humidity .. Im not going to worry about it like you said.. I saw from MrRobert posts he had lower humidity than me and those plants still took off ... Also I probably will switch to the general hydroponics nutes after I use up this starter kit.. Looks like you get more bang for the buck and it's a great product .. Can you tell me which products you use exactly? I'm sure you mention it somewhere but I don't wanna dig through all these threads again lol.. I think I might start a thread here soon so you and others can give me some pointers while I get this first one off the ground

Back
Top Bottom